The No Nonsense preseason top 25

Omaha Vol

I'm not sure why you would put Norman Park in your Top 25.  We haven't even beaten the IMG killers....................yet.

I would say...we'll know more tomorrow morning...but since it's only a scrimmage...that's probably not a valid statement.  We'll definitely know something by October 1st.

Rufus>>

Good call on Parkview GA as an HM. They are being overlooked this year & are going to be very good.

Parkview is going to be this years Milton. They play @ Lowndes on 9/6 so we'll see where both teams are at. Parkview beat Lowndes last year & finished 11-1... Losing to a hot Archer team 36-29 in the 2nd round on GPB.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I don't see it, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

They return 4/4 starters.  They have good skill level guys, especially in their secondary, maybe even a solid OL.  Their issue will be along the DL and that's where NS will have their way IMO.  I just don't see them stopping NS offense. 

nptb17,

We had this discussion last year.......Hoban is a good team but they are way over-ranked nationally.......Honestly, how do you think they would fare going up against the size ..speed .,.talent in the Trinity league  week after week ? You don`t think the WCAC is big boy football ????   I`ll dredge up last year one more time........Washington Massilion was essentially the level of ESL beating the Flyers in the last 2 minutes 46-40....giving up 576 yds in total OFF and getting the benefit of homer refs 24-5 penalty disparity. Yes Hoban had an impressive 34-7 lead at half over Washington in the title game...but it was 34-28 late in the 4th QT....and you gave the excuse that Hoban relaxed......They relaxed in the State championship game...???!!! Well...that`s inexcusable.....Has Hoban ever played OOS ????? against a worthy opponent ?? Let them play one or 2 instead of the mediocre schedule that they play in Ohio in their division. I`ll bet that there are 100 or more teams nationally that could run the table in their division. So what is their national ranking and hype based on ???

This is a new year and maybe they are going to prove to be World-beaters...but once again it will be against pretty much the same teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abbatt said:

nptb17,

We had this discussion last year.......Hoban is a good team but they are way over-ranked nationally.......Honestly, how do you think they would fare going up against the size ..speed .,.talent in the Trinity league  week after week ? You don`t think the WCAC is big boy football ????   I`ll dredge up last year one more time........Washington Massilion was essentially the level of ESL beating the Flyers in the last 2 minutes 46-40....giving up 576 yds in total OFF and getting the benefit of homer refs 24-5 penalty disparity. Yes Hoban had an impressive 34-7 lead at half over Washington in the title game...but it was 34-28 late in the 4th QT....and you gave the excuse that Hoban relaxed......They relaxed in the State championship game...???!!! Well...that`s inexcusable.....Has Hoban ever played OOS ????? against a worthy opponent ?? Let them play one or 2 instead of the mediocre schedule that they play in Ohio in their division. I`ll bet that there are 100 or more teams nationally that could run the table in their division. So what is their national ranking and hype based on ???

This is a new year and maybe they are going to prove to be World-beaters...but once again it will be against pretty much the same teams.

Hoban plays St. Edward or St. Ignatius every single year.  St. Edward always has size and speed.  St. Ignatius always has size and speed.  Massillon had size and speed and was getting taken to the woodshed.  Hoban too has kids that will play big time college ball.  Do you think they are going to go Oh Shit, they play in the Trinity league.  That's what I mean by alpha nature.  Ohio isn't new to this.  The Trinity league is average.  There are only two teams scheduling up for a reason in that league.

9 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Damnit!! I just realized I left out Ohio! That’s what I get for doing this when I was tired. Lol

I should have St. Ed and/or Colerain in there. Sorry for that! 

Who knows how Ohio will shape up this year.

For now, the top 3 teams IMO are Hoban, Ed's, and Pick Central. 

All should be pretty good.....how good? Time will tell. 

Colerain should be pretty good, but I would hold out on putting them anywhere near rankings until we see them play under their new coaching staff. The new HC, coordinators and staff have all been on the staff through the years, just in different roles. Colerain's previous coach, Bolden, was the Offensive Coordinator, so it'll be most interesting to see how true Colerain stays to the Triple Option and/or what kind of other offensive additions we can expect....Colerain lost a lot of talent, but also bring back a lot of talent on D, and some good talen and experience on O. 

Mentor and Iggy should both be pretty good.

Princeton is the wild card team. They had some high level talent, and have received a couple of high profile transfers from the catholic schools. They now are among, if not thee, most talented teams in the state. If they have good coaching and can put it all together, watch out....but I have my doubts. 

• Like 1

nptb17,

Ohio teams win because of good to great coaching....execution....and size on the lines......speed ??? hardly......I was at the St.Edward`s/Naperville  Central game 2 years ago and NC was quite a bit faster and quicker all over the field. Ed`s won because of a blocked punt and a 300 lb OFF line that wore out a NC DEF with a front of 230 lbs. I expect Ohio to win all 3 match-ups with IL teams this year........because it`s a down year pretty much for IL. I don`t think a lot of posters understand how difficult it is for IL teams to play OOS without the benefit of Pre-Season scrimmages against other teams. when you are strictly playing against your own Def. it becomes somewhat robotic after a while. Loyola returns one starter on DEF and 4 on OF.. NC lost 4 starting OL ...a 3* QB and yet they are playing against two top Ohio teams.

37 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Who knows how Ohio will shape up this year.

For now, the top 3 teams IMO are Hoban, Ed's, and Pick Central. 

All should be pretty good.....how good? Time will tell. 

Colerain should be pretty good, but I would hold out on putting them anywhere near rankings until we see them play under their new coaching staff. The new HC, coordinators and staff have all been on the staff through the years, just in different roles. Colerain's previous coach, Bolden, was the Offensive Coordinator, so it'll be most interesting to see how true Colerain stays to the Triple Option and/or what kind of other offensive additions we can expect....Colerain lost a lot of talent, but also bring back a lot of talent on D, and some good talen and experience on O. 

Mentor and Iggy should both be pretty good.

Princeton is the wild card team. They had some high level talent, and have received a couple of high profile transfers from the catholic schools. They now are among, if not thee, most talented teams in the state. If they have good coaching and can put it all together, watch out....but I have my doubts. 

Looking forward to next Friday. FWIW, there is a buzz of optimism in The WC. 

Not sold on Princeton. Daniels looks to me like a more stylish version of Larry Cox. 

Excellent poll 

btw, going with “names” isn’t a lack of intellectual curiosity, it’s just smart 

if I was allowed 25 names, I could come up with a much better top 25 for 2022 than someone that could wait 3 years for more info but not have my “names”

its just what hsfb is now — not seeing which neighborhood has the toughest kids anymore