The No Nonsense preseason top 25

Omaha Vol

48 minutes ago, abbatt said:

For the Ohio posters.....

I have never said or implied that i hate Ohio football... I have a great deal of respect for it.. It has great tradition.....legacy ......history.....coaching.......players....etc...etc..etc.....

What i am QUESTIONING..... is why Hoban is so highly ranked when they don`y play a schedule proving that they are worthy of their ranking.You can`t tell me that many of their opponents are very challenging...they have maybe 3-4 tough games per year.......their toughest play-off opponent last year was Washington Massillion......the equivalent of ESL....the proof was the 46-40 game won by Massillion in the last minute on their home field..Chicago Mt. Carmel has handled ESL pretty easily 2 years in a row in the play-offs and then got knocked out in the later rounds.The Chicago Catholic league is the oldest high school football Conference in the country.....look it up if you don`t believe me....but it doesn`t get the respect on the national stage that it should. Hoban is a good team....but not top 15 worthy nationally. They haven`t proven themselves against a schedule that would confirm this.Most likely they will win the state again this year......because the level of competition doesn`t test them enough. I see that they are playing 2 Canadian teams this year.......Why don`t they try to reach out to teams like Christian Brother`s.. MO......Detroit King.......Nazarath Academy IL.......it would provide a clearer baseline for evaluating them.

Hoban is most likely a Tier 5/6 program.  Being from Ohio and getting a 10-0 record, everyone puts them in Top 25

reality is they would get beat by Alemeny by 2 scores

Sammy,

Thank-you for understanding this........Ohio is an awfully good football state...but it`s not as strong as it was 10 years ago.

Hoban needs to challenge themselves against teams that have size, talent and SPEED. If they can hold their own then they deserve a worthy ranking.......beating up teams in their division only proves how weak their Div..is.....Ohio`s top class is where the Big Boy`s play football and where the state is properly evaluated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abbatt said:

I have never said or implied that i hate Ohio football... I have a great deal of respect for it.. It has great tradition.....legacy ......history.....coaching.......players....etc...etc..etc.....

What i am QUESTIONING..... is why Hoban is so highly ranked when they don`y play a schedule proving that they are worthy of their ranking.You can`t tell me that many of their opponents are very challenging...they have maybe 3-4 tough games per year.......their toughest play-off opponent last year was Washington Massillion......the equivalent of ESL....the proof was the 46-40 game won by Massillion in the last minute on their home field..Chicago Mt. Carmel has handled ESL pretty easily 2 years in a row in the play-offs and then got knocked out in the later rounds.The Chicago Catholic league is the oldest high school football Conference in the country.....look it up if you don`t believe me....but it doesn`t get the respect on the national stage that it should. Hoban is a good team....but not top 15 worthy nationally. They haven`t proven themselves against a schedule that would confirm this.Most likely they will win the state again this year......because the level of competition doesn`t test them enough. I see that they are playing 2 Canadian teams this year.......Why don`t they try to reach out to teams like Christian Brother`s.. MO......Detroit King.......Nazarath Academy IL.......it would provide a clearer baseline for evaluating them.

They play St. Ignatius or St. Edward every year.  Last year they beat St. Ignatius in game 1 in a game.  St. Ignatius beat the Ohio D1 champ only to lose to them the very next week in the first round of the playoffs.  What does this all mean?  Not a damn thing.  Hoban played 2 D1 squads last year who are traditionally top 10 D1 teams in Ohio.  St. Vincent St. Mary is not lacking talent or speed.  Cardinal Mooney was a traditional power who has fallen on hard times.  Cleveland Benedictine is another program that doesn't lack talent.  What are you talking about?

This year Hoban opens up with a top 3 PA big school squad.  They play Ignatius two weeks later.  What are you talking about when you say they don't test themselves? 

They play one squad from North of the boarder.  What are you talking about?  

• Thanks 1

Right...

As i said......they play 3-4 tough games per year including the play-offs ...the rest of those teams are quite average......a lot of teams have schedules like that....but because they are from Ohio and they have beaten those teams and compiled consecutive state championships they get an over-inflated perception from National polls....almost as if they feel obligated to do it. There are numerous teams in TX...Ca....Fl...just as good or better than Hoban but they aren`t ranked as high as Hoban is.ABH is ranked higher than Longview ,Tx in basically every poll....I think Longview would beat them 9 times out of 10.

Look.....any team that wins a state championship in any class or state deserves respect and Hoban has my respect......but once again they don`t deserve to be ranked top 15 nationally....that is the gist of what I have been saying...present a clear argument that they do deserve it...........I am open to your logical comments.

• Like 2

Just now, abbatt said:

Right...

As i said......they play 3-4 tough games per year including the play-offs ...the rest of those teams are quite average......a lot of teams have schedules like that....but because they are from Ohio and they have beaten those teams and compiled consecutive state championships they get an over-inflated perception from National polls....almost as if they feel obligated to do it. There are numerous teams in TX...Ca....Fl...just as good or better than Hoban but they aren`t ranked as high as Hoban is.ABH is ranked higher than Longview ,Tx in basically every poll....I think Longview would beat them 9 times out of 10.

Look.....any team that wins a state championship in any class or state deserves respect and Hoban has my respect......but once again they don`t deserve to be ranked top 15 nationally....that is the gist of what I have been saying...present a clear argument that they do deserve it...........I am open to your logical comments.

As someone who has been following football on the National Scene for almost 20 years, i can tell you Longview, TX would be underdogs against Hoban for the last 8 to 9 years.  You are doing exactly the same thing you accuse national polls of doing.  Because Longview is in Texas you assume they are some type of beast.  Yet Longview doesn't have to leave TX right?

6 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Right...

How many tough games a year does Longview play?

I like Hoban, but it's hard to know how they stack up overall. That's typical though for most teams other than these squads that play insanely tough OOS comp. They seem pretty talented and well-coached, but there's a difference between winning a game against Iggy and going through D2 and beating some other good team and capturing the D1 title in that state. Just think it would test their depth more (obviously). Again, though, think they're a good squad, just hard to know where to slot them given the circumstances.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I like Hoban, but it's hard to know how they stack up overall. 

This.    That being said it's ridiculous when people say stuff like Hoban would get beat by 5 TDs every night in the WCAC or trinity league.   

Caden Clark  TE  (Bama Commit) 

Devin Hightower  OLB   (Mich St commit)

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11416837/5c0444b45b3d560a300817f0

Damion Ollison  OLB  (Offers Michigan, WIsconsin, Arky) 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9804504/5c12929fab9d130c54fb66ee

It's not like they don't have some players over there.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

I like Hoban, but it's hard to know how they stack up overall. That's typical though for most teams other than these squads that play insanely tough OOS comp. They seem pretty talented and well-coached, but there's a difference between winning a game against Iggy and going through D2 and beating some other good team and capturing the D1 title in that state. Just think it would test their depth more (obviously). Again, though, think they're a good squad, just hard to know where to slot them given the circumstances.

Exactly..  Hoban has no biz sniffing the top 25

So I kind of agree with both sides of the Hoban debate. 

In favor of Hoban.... They are among the most talented teams in the state and have been for the last 3-4 years. They have great lines and plenty of speed at the skill positions. They are also well coached and execute very well.

Against Hoban... They play a weak schedule by national power standards. (Though to be fair, their league is actually a pretty good league if you're not comparing it to the Trinity League, WCAC, etc.) Although they beat Iggy last year, in the last 3 years they are only 1-2 against D1 powers.  

Overall, they certainly look the part when you watch them and see their roster. Also they did play with Iggy and Eds, and actually beat Iggy last year. Still, I agree with Adam Kurkjian that winning one game against a D1 power is good, but trying to win 5 consecutive playoff games against D1 schools is another.....Fwiw, I would've taken Ed's and Colerain over Hoban last year. That said, all things considered, I think Hoban has earned at least consideration for a top 25 slot. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, abbatt said:

i'm going to frame this

Because i think you are lying!

10 hours ago, abbatt said:

What i am QUESTIONING..... is why Hoban is so highly ranked when they don`y play a schedule proving that they are worthy of their ranking.You can`t tell me that many of their opponents are very challenging...they have maybe 3-4 tough games per year.......their toughest play-off opponent last year was Washington Massillion......the equivalent of ESL....the proof was the 46-40 game won by Massillion in the last minute on their home field.. 

Continue with your daisy chain reasoning 

something that has been discussed many times while you were out for 3 years 

its all about match ups and not make believe  smh

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

sounds like the CA streak and the 2012 swamp champ😀

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

So I kind of agree with both sides of the Hoban debate. 

In favor of Hoban.... They are among the most talented teams in the state and have been for the last 3-4 years. They have great lines and plenty of speed at the skill positions. They are also well coached and execute very well.

Against Hoban... They play a weak schedule by national power standards. (Though to be fair, their league is actually a pretty good league if you're not comparing it to the Trinity League, WCAC, etc.) Although they beat Iggy last year, in the last 3 years they are only 1-2 against D1 powers.  

Overall, they certainly look the part when you watch them and see their roster. Also they did play with Iggy and Eds, and actually beat Iggy last year. Still, I agree with Adam Kurkjian that winning one game against a D1 power is good, but trying to win 5 consecutive playoff games against D1 schools is another.....Fwiw, I would've taken Ed's and Colerain over Hoban last year. That said, all things considered, I think Hoban has earned at least consideration for a top 25 slot. 

Really?

Schedule looks similar to Colerains

Guess they longer can be a top 25

7 hours ago, abbatt said:

its amazing that you have NOT been here for 3 years but you discount the COMP poll where Hoban last year was ranked #9 and these people do this for a living some good and some so so

And you claim no hate for Ohio  smh