Cartersville Double Header

Got the word from the Heard Co. athletic director. He said ESPN is trying to find them an opponent for the doubleheader. 

The only team they spoke to so far is Pinson Valley,AL because an Auburn coach has a son who plays for them. 

I know both Bolles and Melbourne Central Catholic have the same week open. I'm trying to get them together. 

Heard Co is a small 2A team with one player. Kinda like Holy Trinity Epsicopal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Got the word from the Heard Co. athletic director. He said ESPN is trying to find them an opponent for the doubleheader. 

The only team they spoke to so far is Pinson Valley,AL because an Auburn coach has a son who plays for them. 

I know both Bolles and Melbourne Central Catholic have the same week open. I'm trying to get them together. 

Heard Co is a small 2A team with one player. Kinda like Holy Trinity Epsicopal. 

Heard County vs Melbourne would be a nice game....

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Way off topic, but, did you hear that Tift County's hoops coach is done there?  Gone to be the principal at Rome.

http://m.walb.com/walb/db_347743/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=pwABPJm0

Well Shit.... 

Makes sense... He's been there for awhile. And he has butted heads with the BOE as well.... 

Like I said the Tift BOE scares everyone away.... even the teachers... 

Romes football HC is also from Tift.... 

Rome is far better than Tifton though and I promise the pay os higher.... 

On 4/11/2017 at 0:17 PM, Nolebull813 said:

What week again? August 25th? 

What is Heard Co ranked in GA? How about Bishop Gorman, STA or St John Bosco to even the event out? 

Bartram Trail is 15th in FL this preseason at the mighty CP. I doubt Heard Co. playing SJB or BT evens it out. 

Heard Co. is probably 150th in GA... even with the #2 ranked 4* Dual QB...

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Bartram Trail is 15th in FL this preseason at the mighty CP. I doubt Heard Co. playing SJB or BT evens it out. 

They are putting together rankings before spring practice. And the majority of those rankings don't even have the roster or any info for most teams. It's terrible even for them. 

They aren't even top 5 in the Jacksonville area. (Bolles, TC, Ponta Vedra, Lee, and St Aug are better) 

No way to hype up this dumpster against the top team in all of Georgia!! Lmao! 

Its like St Thomas Aquinas playing Macon County. 

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They are putting together rankings before spring practice. And the majority of those rankings don't even have the roster or any info for most teams. It's terrible even for them. 

They aren't even top 5 in the Jacksonville area. (Bolles, TC, Ponta Vedra, Lee, and St Aug are better) 

Found out why BT vs Cartersville  is happening.... 

BT volunteered to play they where not the 1st or 2nd choice but they contacted Cartersville and Paragon the fastest...

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So ... Bartram Trail isnt #15 in FL for the reasons you explained above. However, it doesnt apply to GA as Cartersville is the top team.

I doubt youve seen anyone call Cartersville #1 in GA... although Top 5 for sure.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

So ... Bartram Trail isnt #15 in FL for the reasons you explained above. However, it doesnt apply to GA as Cartersville is the top team.

I doubt youve seen anyone call Cartersville #1 in GA... although Top 5 for sure.

So a top 5 GA team playing a NOT top 5 Jacksonville area team is a good game? 

Seems legit

25 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Bro, Bartram trail is not the 15th best team in Fl lol.   

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Found out why BT vs Cartersville  is happening.... 

BT volunteered to play they where not the 1st or 2nd choice but they contacted Cartersville and Paragon the fastest...

So in other words, the florida teams that were contacted about playing cartersville were hesitant to take the game???? Hmmmm.....

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

So in other words, the florida teams that were contacted about playing cartersville were hesitant to take the game???? Hmmmm.....

Well yeah of course some Florida schools would be hesitant to take the game -- our teams are the ones to hit the road for OOS games 9/10 times and we have to look at all the costs involved and in some cases get school board approval. 

Easier for GA teams because they just write a check to get a FL team to come to them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Well yeah of course some Florida schools would be hesitant to take the game -- our teams are the ones to hit the road for OOS games 9/10 times and we have to look at all the costs involved and in some cases get school board approval. 

Easier for GA teams because they just write a check to get a FL team to come to them. 

Now you see why Georgia rarely travels out of state to marquee games? Whenever Georgia teams schedules a OOS opponent, apparently the "numbers" look good enough to get that team to come to Georgia. Now on the other hand, teams across America might extend a offer to a Georgia team to come play them, but when those numbers aren't lookin right, the offer gets turned down.

Why you think Colquitt hardly ever travels OOS for the marquee games? 

And I wanna know which florida teams were offered the Cartersville game

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Its according how good the other 5 Jacksonville teams are... they could all be Top 100 for all you know.

maybe if it was Flapreps, but they'd still be wrong.  Truth is the only areas that might have 3-4+ top 100 teams are Dade and Broward, maaaaybe Palm beach/tampa on great years.   You might have 1-2 here and there from some other areas on good years, but trust me it ain't Bartram Trail.   Mediocre teams like Dillard and Boyd Anderson would beat Bartram Trail.  Cartersville would have been better off scheduling a team like Miami Norland (like Creekside did).   Norland would hand it to BT, although Calpreps might foolishly say otherwise.         

At least go for the teams in Jax known to have talented players.    

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

maybe if it was Flapreps, but they'd still be wrong.  Truth is the only areas that might have 3-4+ top 100 teams are Dade and Broward, maaaaybe Palm beach/tampa on great years.   You might have 1-2 here and there from some other areas on good years, but trust me it ain't Bartram Trail.   Mediocre teams like Dillard and Boyd Anderson would beat Bartram Trail.  Cartersville would have been better off scheduling a team like Miami Norland (like Creekside did).   Norland would hand it to BT, although Calpreps might foolishly say otherwise.         

At least go for the teams in Jax known to have talented players.    

Yeah I realize BT isnt great. They were "Top 500" at that place last year... and are atleast expected to be better... they seemed to be playing ok at years end last year, making it to the Quarterfinals before losing to RE Lee (#16 in FLO) by 2 points.

BUT if you listen to guys like Noonereal, Cartersville is overrated anyway so I figure it'll be about even... lol

5 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Now you see why Georgia rarely travels out of state to marquee games? Whenever Georgia teams schedules a OOS opponent, apparently the "numbers" look good enough to get that team to come to Georgia. Now on the other hand, teams across America might extend a offer to a Georgia team to come play them, but when those numbers aren't lookin right, the offer gets turned down.

Why you think Colquitt hardly ever travels OOS for the marquee games? 

And I wanna know which florida teams were offered the Cartersville game

Believe me, I know it's all about $ for GA (and TX) since they pull in so much money for home games.