Corky Kell: Archer vs Tucker - postponed due to weather

ECHS05

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

but they dont stack up to the team they are playing so either its a really stupid matchup or the level of HS football is significantly declining which could be possible.

Rome shouldnt be as good as Marietta, but Rome has won 2 of the last 3 5A State Championships... So they might put up a fight.

They just rematched the same teams from last year the first day.... I dont think it means anything about the quality of the HSFB

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

but they dont stack up to the team they are playing so either its a really stupid matchup or the level of HS football is significantly declining which could be possible.

These early games are cross conference type games. Marietta will be 7A while playing a 5A in Rome. That type thing.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Rome shouldnt be as good as Marietta, but Rome has won 2 of the last 3 5A State Championships... So they might put up a fight.

They just rematched the same teams from last year the first day.... I dont think it means anything about the quality of the HSFB

the point im trying to make is look at the lines that i posted....how many of them are double digit favorites and the teams i listed in that post are very relevant teams who are about to get their rear ends handed to them by their opponent if you believe the lines. It just doesnt make much sense to schedule these lopsided games. I understand some teams doing it like BG who has 0 competition in NV. But most teams in their own state can get some good competition

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Bro Rome BEAT Marietta last year... they were leading by four touchdowns at one point. And that was a DOWN Rome team. 

Marietta is the favorite on paper. But they were last year too. Let’s see if their defense still sucks 

im going based on what posters are saying who seem to know the layout so to speak of the game. rome lost a lot of talent marietta didnt. i hope its a close game as I wont be able to watch it but if what you guys are saying is true and i have no reason to doubt the information than it wont be a close game

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Bro Rome BEAT Marietta last year... they were leading by four touchdowns at one point. And that was a DOWN Rome team. 

Marietta is the favorite on paper. But they were last year too. Let’s see if their defense still sucks 

Exactly. 

Marietta, Marietta, Marietta! 

giphy.gif.becc4a22d1b97491f06f5afea951bcf5.gif

• Haha 1

In other news, on the right side of the page for the stream, I'm reading a headline from a page of bold crook news. 

It says, Armed robber hits up donut shop, dollar store for cash. 

How bold does that scumbum have to be to rob the donut shop?! Jeeze! Doesn't he know that's where the cops practically live? 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

In other news, on the right side of the page for the stream, I'm reading a headline from a page of bold crook news. 

It says, Armed robber hits uo donut shop, dollar store for cash. 

How bold does that scumbum have to be to rob the donut shop?! Jeeze! Doesn't he know that's where the cops practically live? 

did u see the one where 3 officers lost their job to an inmate hanging themselves. seems to be a pattern

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Apparently in the 90s and early 2000s they had more teams lined up to participate in the event... 

Mceachern and Walton are basically always gonna be in it because of the Coach the event is named after basically has or had ties to those schools

Well time to make calls to some teams 

Just now, RedZone said:

Marietta has this guy....wait, Marietta has a lot of guys.

https://247sports.com/Player/Arik-Gilbert-94709/

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=9739

I think Gilbert will dominate tonight as much as a TE can dominate.

Maybe. Rome normally does have a pretty stout defense. 

Harrison Bailey is supposedly beast mode though. He's got plenty of weapons to throw to. 

I'm interested for a half. It's raining like hell so could take the ball from Harrison Bailey and give to the ground game. 

20 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Rome wasnt really down last year.

They lost quite a bit from last year too. 

Marietta should be better & Rome should be worse.

Should. Be.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Rome wasnt really down last year

Wut LOL They were WAAAAY DOWN on the defensive side of the ball. They lost their star pass rushers and ridiculous defensive front from the 2016 and 2017 state championships. 

Gave up 51 to Carrollton.  

Gave up 41 to Marietta. 

Gave up 45 to Warner Robins (a team they shutout in the title game in 2017) 

Apples to oranges. 2016/2017 Rome was MUCH SUPERIOR to 2018 Rome. So yes. They were down.  

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Wut LOL They were WAAAAY DOWN on the defensive side of the ball. They lost their star pass rushers and ridiculous defensive front from the 2016 and 2017 state championships. 

Gave up 51 to Carrollton.  

Gave up 41 to Marietta. 

Gave up 45 to Warner Robins (a team they shutout in the title game in 2017) 

Apples to oranges. 2016/2017 Rome was MUCH SUPERIOR to 2018 Rome. So yes. They were down.  

If that was down, they should be REALLY down this year.