Corky Kell Classic

FootballGuy

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

He wouldn't have put up with all the bullshit we hafta go through to get to the ATL, if he knew these clowns couldn't complete the deal on time! It's ALWAYS something with the CHOKER BIRDS! This is the second time in three years, that LOTS of folks, including myownself, can't attend, because we can't do daytime games! Something to do with a wooden stake and a cross!O.o

43 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

He wouldn't have put up with all the bullshit we hafta go through to get to the ATL, if he knew these clowns couldn't complete the deal on time! It's ALWAYS something with the CHOKER BIRDS! This is the second time in three years, that LOTS of folks, including myownself, can't attend, because we can't do daytime games! Something to do with a wooden stake and a cross!O.o

Rab...the Corkey Kell wasn't about to get the Benz.  No way they were gonna let anybody other than the Mighty Falcons open that venue.  Most everybody knew it.  Panther Stadium is a decent replacement...except for the 2:45 pm kickoff.  It's gonna be hot.  Could be intolerable.  But you get a free ticket when you buy your season tickets.  Shirley, you ain't gonna let it go to waste?

Rufus>>

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

All day in the sun? No thanks. McEachern shitfest was enough for that 

Been to Turner Field thousands of times. No idea how they are going to transform this without it looking stupid. 

And for the record, the matchups at the Corky Kell this year on paper do look stale. 

If this is the end results of the renovations, then it will be a pretty cool dig.

Its no Texas high school football stadium, but not too shabby.

nnv787.jpg

22 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Tell me exactly how this is on the Falcons?  As best as I can tell, they aren't the architect, structural, mechanical, or electrical engineers on this job nor have I seen any players out there running a crane, welder or pouring concrete.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 11:45 AM, FootballGuy said:

And you can forget having the games in the Mercedes Benz Stadium forEVER! That fucking soccer bullshit will fuck up a wet dream!

22 hours ago, Fred said:

Tell me exactly how this is on the Falcons?  As best as I can tell, they aren't the architect, structural, mechanical, or electrical engineers on this job nor have I seen any players out there running a crane, welder or pouring concrete.

They contracted to have that BULLSHIT MLS soccer team share their stadium, leaving NO room for high school events! They sold Coach ProPst a bill of goods, and NEVER intended to follow through with hosting the KKC!

21 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If this is the end results of the renovations, then it will be a pretty cool dig.

Its no Texas high school football stadium, but not too shabby.

nnv787.jpg

SOOOOOO, you like sitting fifty yards plus, from the field on the home side! Or sitting on the top of TEN rows on the visitor's side?

23 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rab...the Corkey Kell wasn't about to get the Benz.  No way they were gonna let anybody other than the Mighty Falcons open that venue.  Most everybody knew it.  Panther Stadium is a decent replacement...except for the 2:45 pm kickoff.  It's gonna be hot.  Could be intolerable.  But you get a free ticket when you buy your season tickets.  Shirley, you ain't gonna let it go to waste?

Rufus>>

SEASON tickets at SEVENTEEN bucks a POP, to sit on row five at the twenty yard line in the home stands?xDxDxD I think I'll just revert back to my time tested TEN dollar ticket on the thirty five yard line top row, of the HAWG POUND!

The Corky Kell isn't a bad event. Just so happens this year the new falcons stadium is opening and wi MLS also being there it didn't work out.... shit happens. As far as the kickoff for the Colquitt game it's going to be hot as hell but I guess it will be our day to be in the barrel... On the flip side after months and months of waiting we're finally getting some fucking football!! I think they will have everything worked out next year to return the Korky Kell to Mercedes Benz stadium..If it's to hot to go this year watch it on NFHS or GPTV or whoever carries it. It may just be a one shot thing to play these games At Ga State but all the kids playing will get to say they played there ...... at least once . It will be a new facility......sorta  hard to pass judgment on it yet. It may suck... it may be cool as hell

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

They contracted to have that BULLSHIT MLS soccer team share their stadium, leaving NO room for high school events!

I have good idea!  Why don't you put up about $900 million of *your* dollars, get all the require approvals and put up with all the crap and then you can build your *own* stadium where you get to say what happens in it?

Oh by the way, Arthur Blank owns the Atlanta United soccer team so I guess he can have them play there if he wants to.

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

SEASON tickets at SEVENTEEN bucks a POP, to sit on row five at the twenty yard line in the home stands?xDxDxD I think I'll just revert back to my time tested TEN dollar ticket on the thirty five yard line top row, of the HAWG POUND!

So you who claims to be the biggest and best Packer fan ever isn't a member of the touchdown club and won't even buy season tickets?  Interesting position to take.

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@Fred I have a bone to pick with you and Taco Bell... 

I know its way OT.... 

But awhile back I promised to never spazz on Taco Bell because theyre fairly good. 

Well today that was a lie.... 

I got a Taco with nothing but Lettuce and tomatoes.... no cheese or meat.... 

Wtf is going on Fam? 

I am but a fan and have no connection with Taco Bell other than I spend a lot of money with them at times.  Hey, everyone screws up every now and then.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:45 AM, FootballGuy said:

I think that the KKC has taken a LARGE step BACKWARD! With the inclusion of this BULLSHIT MSL soccer league in the Mercedes Benz Stadium! There will be NO WAY the Classic will ever be played in that venue! And gone will be any teams outside of metro being willing to participate outside, against less than stellar competition!

Just now, ORabidOne said:

I think that the KKC has taken a LARGE step BACKWARD! With the inclusion of this BULLSHIT MSL soccer league in the Mercedes Benz Stadium! There will be NO WAY the Classic will ever be played in that venue! And gone will be any teams outside of metro being willing to participate outside, against less than stellar competition!

Kinda makes you wonder where the  state championships are gonna be played.... Because as of now, it looks as if they will be played at Georgia State's stadium

19 hours ago, 94Packer said:

The Corky Kell isn't a bad event. Just so happens this year the new falcons stadium is opening and wi MLS also being there it didn't work out.... shit happens. As far as the kickoff for the Colquitt game it's going to be hot as hell but I guess it will be our day to be in the barrel... On the flip side after months and months of waiting we're finally getting some fucking football!! I think they will have everything worked out next year to return the Korky Kell to Mercedes Benz stadium..If it's to hot to go this year watch it on NFHS or GPTV or whoever carries it. It may just be a one shot thing to play these games At Ga State but all the kids playing will get to say they played there ...... at least once . It will be a new facility......sorta  hard to pass judgment on it yet. It may suck... it may be cool as hell

And in WHAT universe, do you think that THIS is a one off to play at Georgia State? Is MLS going away in 2018? We've been sold a bill of goods, and they STINK!