32 - 2

Reb72

I'd like to see West Monroe play Cartersville and Parkview in Baseball. Both teams will be at The Cartersville Perfect Game Tournament... its the last tournament before Playoffs start.... 

Parkview finished #1 last year and beat the best team in California. They have only 2 losses this year. 

North Gwinnett (Ranked in the national top 5)

Cartersville (Top 15)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'd like to see West Monroe play Cartersville and Parkview in Baseball. Both teams will be at The Cartersville Perfect Game Tournament... its the last tournament before Playoffs start.... 

Parkview finished #1 last year and beat the best team in California. They have only 2 losses this year. 

Cartersville (Top 15)

Uh....what team in Cali did parkview beat?

21 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Cartersville (Top 15)

Catersville is 22-8 and ranked #118 nationally at maxpreps. Winder-Barrow beat Cartersville this year.

TOP 25

(15-12) Denham Springs, La beat #2 GA and #14 nationally ranked Winder-Barrow, GA 5-4 this year.....Deham Springs also beat IMG Academy.

West Monroe might be the real deal this year....winning 32 games is impressive, but I'm not entirely sold on their schedule (SOS).

Schools in South La have been beating up on each other all season.

Real shame they had to split the baseball playoffs too.....West Monroe will not see any Privates in the playoffs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Parkview finished #1 last year and beat the best team in California. 

Buchanons only loss last year was to Clovis North? They were the #1 team in Cali in 16'.

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

West Monroe might be the real deal this year....winning 32 games is impressive, but I'm not entirely sold on their schedule (SOS).

Schools in South La have been beating up on each other all season.

Real shame they had to split the baseball playoffs too.....West Monroe will not see any Privates in the playoffs.

I hear ya, it's been a dream season so far...  of course the Rebs did lose to # 2 Barbe (29-5)  3 - 1 in the 2nd game of the season down at Sulphur and to # 6 Destrehan (26-6-1) 3 - 2 in the 2nd game of a double-header down at East Ascension back on March 11.  Both those teams are on the other side of the bracket.

who we've beaten... 

From the selects...

# 1 John Curtis

# 3 Holy Cross

From 5A

# 7 Central BR

# 9 Sulphur

# 12 Airline X 2

# 13 Pineville X 3

# 14 Ruston X 3

# 16 Ouachita X 3

# 17 Dutchtown

# 19 St Amant

# 22 East Ascension X 2

# 23 Alexandria X 3

# 31 Haughton X 2

From 4A

# 3 Tioga

# 4 West Ouachita X 2

scared of # 4 Acadiana (24-8) on our side  o.O  One game at a time...

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

of course the Rebs did lose to # 2 Barbe (29-5)  3 - 1 in the 2nd game of the season down at Sulphur and to # 6 Destrehan (26-6-1) 3 - 2 in the 2nd game of a double-header down at East Ascension back on March 11.  Both those teams are on the other side of the bracket.

#6 seed Destrehan just got bounced from the playoffs by #27 seed (17-17) Walker....2-0

I wouldn't put too much into those seeds...

4 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

#6 seed Destrehan just got bounced from the playoffs by #27 seed (17-17) Walker....2-0

I wouldn't put too much into those seeds...

Wow...  and Destrehan was 1 of WM's 2 losses.  Like I've said all along. Barbe is King until someone beats 'em where it counts  :o

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Played no one and that's a pretty poor baseball district......

They will probably stop the game in the 5th.

That almost scares me more, if WM makes round 2 it'll be a best of 3 against Ouachita/Dutchtown...  both teams that WM handled easily in the regular season and just like last year against Ruston who knocked WM from the playoffs after losing to the Rebs 4 times in the regular season.

The other team that scares me (besides Barbe) is Sam Houston, they have West Monroe's old coach  O.o

42 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

That almost scares me more, if WM makes round 2 it'll be a best of 3 against Ouachita/Dutchtown...  both teams that WM handled easily in the regular season and just like last year against Ruston who knocked WM from the playoffs after losing to the Rebs 4 times in the regular season.

The other team that scares me (besides Barbe) is Sam Houston, they have West Monroe's old coach  O.o

That is why I like that baseball plays series. The outcomes are very unpredictable when compared to other sports.

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That is why I like that baseball plays series. The outcomes are very unpredictable when compared to other sports.

I agree, but they did away with them in NY public school playoffs (Catholic league still plays best of 3 series).  We don't have that many months of warm weather like you guys do to get games in, so they made public playoffs single elimination.  Series are better.