What happened to Scotsdale/nut/whatever?

NotBigdaddybloom

Flagged for spam means blanked. They and their posts are forever gone. They can read, but are unable to post and their prior activity is gone.

Matter of fact, this thread is an interesting read. 

We received reports of a member spamming. I used the report to define what would constitute spam.

I then conducted a brief investigation over about the first 10-25 pages of this forum which encompassed a timeline back to about July. 

There were clearly two different IP addresses involved in the same spamming type behavior, exactly the same, but, only one member had been reported. Two profiles shared one IP address so both of those profiles were removed. As a matter of fact, going by the start dates and times of the spamming behaviors, the Drummer profile that was removed could easily be construed as the initiator of the tit for tat behavior. 

So, now, having read this thread, am I to decipher from it that spamming wasn't the issue, but, popularity? 

Maybe I should go back to the administrator and us revisit removing this forum. I personally went and conducted the investigation to protect the Varsity Board from the content that is housed over here when "here" gets blanked altogether. The general thought is this "here" has not been putting our best foot forward and being associated with some of the activity "here" is embarrassing. This thread is a reminder of why the discussion was getting started.

• Like 1

Just now, I AM IRONMAN said:

I'm sure if you delete the OT section people will post on the FB side with subject lines starting with "OT"

Which may be the best thing. That way we can decide whether to even allow that discussion or not.

The way it is now, you guys are being allowed to be the stewards of this forum. The only people controlling the content allowed is you all. 

In the past on this OT section, when I tried to steer content away from certain subject matter people screamed censorship and bias, so you all were left as stewards. That didn't exactly work out as evidenced in this loss of members and accompanying discussion of who should be kept and who should be returned and all. 

As a matter of fact, it sounds a lot like censorship and bias. 

• Like 1

Hawg,

I am a numbers guy and would be fascinated to see the data.  We know the SportsNut and Scottdale were one-in-the-same (pathetic).  That behavior - an attempt to deceive and allow double the amount of spamming by the same person - was clearly detrimental to the board, especially given the incessant racial antagonism it brought.

I know that Drummer started lots of threads (I rarely read Drummer stuff as I have had him on Ignore for a long time due to the constant negative racial undertones of his stuff).  But I would be curious to know how his behavior was "exactly the same" as SportNut/ScottDale.  To my knowledge, Drummer might string together a small handful of topics in row at worst.  I find it hard to believe he matched the other guy(s) volume in this regard and I don't ever recall seeing entire pages filled (or near as damn) with his avatar. This isn't to try to defend Drummer, just to differentiate.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Hawg,

I am a numbers guy and would be fascinated to see the data.  We know the SportsNut and Scottdale were one-in-the same (pathetic).  That behavior - an attempt to deceive and allow double the amount of spamming by the same person - was clearly detrimental to the board, especially given the incessant racial antagonism it brought.

I know that Drummer started lots of threads (I rarely read Drummer stuff as I have had him on Ignore for a long time due to the constant negative racial undertones of his stuff).  But I would be curious to know how his behavior was "exactly the same" as SportNut/ScottDale.  To my knowledge, Drummer might string together a small handful of topics in row at worst.  I find it hard to believe he matched the other guy(s) volume in this regard and I don't ever recall seeing entire pages filled (or near as damn) with his avatar. This isn't to try to defend Drummer, just to differentiate.

I'm not going to fault anyone for missing that their behavior was the same. I didn't count exact number, but, there was a clear correlation to their activities and number of posts, although there was more from one of the profiles on the dates of the reports. 

As I said, it was much easier for me to come in dry having not read much or any material over here for basically months. A brief thumb through without ever opening a single thread showed not only a correlation between their activities, but similar amounts. I only went some pages deep because on the day I started looking there was a fourth profile with almost one page full of threads started minutes apart and it was necessary to see how much of this type of activity was occuring before just haphazardly removing profiles and content.

I could screenshot pages and pages of the tit for tat behavior between those two IP addresses going back to June, but it doesn't really matter if we are going to split hairs over one posted 72 threads and one posted 60 or whatever the numbers are.At the end of the day, their behaviors were almost identical. 

If one was spamming, they were both spamming in spurts for a few months already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not going to fault anyone for missing that their behavior was the same. I didn't count exact number, but, there was a clear correlation to their activities and number of posts, although there was more from one of the profiles on the dates of the reports. 

As I said, it was much easier for me to come in dry having not read much or any material over here for basically months. A brief thumb through without ever opening a single thread showed not only a correlation between their activities, but similar amounts. I only went some pages deep because on the day I started looking there was a fourth profile with almost one page full of threads started minutes apart and it was necessary to see how much of this type of activity was occuring before just haphazardly removing profiles and content.

I could screenshot pages and pages of the tit for tat behavior between those two IP addresses going back to June, but it doesn't really matter if we are going to split hairs over one posted 72 threads and one posted 60 or whatever the numbers are.At the end of the day, their behaviors were almost identical. 

If one was spamming, they were both spamming in spurts for a few months already.

I think the board is better off with both of those guys gone.

I simply differentiate between someone maybe having a higher "thread count" average on a daily basis but the other literally covering the whole effing board from time-to-time (my definition of spamming).

I think the one instance you mention not referring the those two guys was someone trying to clear the board of ScottNut's avatar (which was also dumb, but not a characteristic behavior of that poster).

Take care...

• Confused 1

That's not even half. And it's only threads started not including posts in threads.

Scottdale, drummer, scottdale scottdale scotdale drummer drummer drummer drummer drummer sportnut scottdale drummer drummer drummer scottdal scottdale scottdale scottdale drummer drummer sportnut drummer drummer drummer. 

I totally understand why complaints were levied. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's not even half. 

Scottdale, drummer, scottdale scottdale scotdale drummer drummer drummer drummer drummer sportnut scottdale drummer drummer drummer scottdal scottdale scottdale scottdale drummer drummer sportnut drummer drummer drummer. 

I totally understand why complaints were levied. 

Don't disagree.

What you don't show (and maybe don't gave access to) is the times (plural) when literally the entire right hand "last response by" column was SportsNut or Scottdale avatars. And I do mean entire.

Cheers...

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Don't disagree.

What you don't show (and maybe don't gave access to) is the times (plural) when literally the entire right hand "last response by" column was SportsNut or Scottdale avatars. And I do mean entire.

Cheers...

I saw some instances when there likely entire pages covered by one or the other, but without having been present at the time of it was impossible to discern for sure. Other members were most assuredly trying to combat it by bumping topics into the pages that I was able to view. 

Really, using what tools I have, they appear very similar and not a huge separation in numbers.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Hawg,

I see there is on screenshot with tons of AztecDad avatars.

He did that just to be an asshat and egg on SportsNut to post/spam even more volatile liberal threads to antagonize people, as Aztec is a very liberal (and stupid) guy himself. He didn't give a shit about the content.

Yes I did see where his avatar appeared on the first couple of pages on the date of the complaint that started the investigation. I have to be honest and say I didn't open any of those threads to view the content. I literally used the dates, times, views and number of posts in the threads to help distinguish which content was occuring at troublesome rates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did not flag that profile.

I only flagged Scottsdale, Sportsnut and Drummer.

The Sportsnut profile honestly wasn't involved as heavily with the activity, but was associated with the same IP that Scottdale was spamming from so I discerned they were the same actor.

Scottsdale was his son, I’m dead ass, that’s funny ,this gotta Be a first in PG history, a Mod just banned a father and son in one shot