OT: Texting on message boards

noonereal

Will text speak change how we communicate? 

Last week I read a post here where one poster admonished another for using texting shortcuts. 

Today I woke to a post from a new poster using a texting short cut. 

My business Emails are virtually text speak free, message boards tend to be 95% text language free. 

Just wondering about peoples thoughts on this. 

Are texting shortcuts the new Spanglish? 

I see no prohibition for text speak in message board rules or guidelines. 

Personally I take all kinds of "poetic license" when I post, is texting speak the same? 

Where do we or don't we draw the line with text shortcuts? 

(it's a slow news day!)

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's wrong? A top 10 Georgia team hasn't scheduled the 9,000th best team in America in a few days and you get off track? 

Get back in them Georgia threads and remind them they did wrong!!! 

I am just sitting on the sideline waiting for Rush to schedule Plant again in 18...when he will have another MNC team. 

It's always fun when he announces they have the toughest schedule in the country. 

I can't believe he did that again for 17... that was awesome! 

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I am just sitting on the sideline waiting for Rush to schedule Plant again in 18...when he will have another MNC team. 

It's always fun when he announces they have the toughest schedule in the country. 

I think he meant He has the toughest schedule in the county!! 

That's it 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think he meant He has the toughest schedule in the county!! 

That's it 

I really respect Rush but he does have some rather... well, let's just say he is rather needy and self promoting... awkward in many ways. I kind of find his short coming amusing rather than an indictment. 

We just again watched the E:60 thing on Propst. Wife had never seen it. She came away really loathing his mega egotistical ass. Her comment was.."He is the epitome of why most kids hate football coaches".  That coupled with the fact he didnt have the balls to leave his first wife until he had 3 kids with his mistress. WTH?

Yep he's a winning coach. I also believe he is a professional bullshitter, and takes narcissism to a new level.

18 minutes ago, rockinl said:

We just again watched the E:60 thing on Propst. Wife had never seen it. She came away really loathing his mega egotistical ass. Her comment was.."He is the epitome of why most kids hate football coaches".  That coupled with the fact he didnt have the balls to leave his first wife until he had 3 kids with his mistress. WTH?

Yep he's a winning coach. I also believe he is a professional bullshitter, and takes narcissism to a new level.

we all have faults

After he won it all in 2014, and knowing he would have a great team in 15, he should of squeezed every resource he had to secure a landmark game. 

He could of talked to Paragon, sent national ads on high school classified sections, etc. 

He could of had a press conference offering a good amount of money to bring in some top team. 

He then picks the worst Plant team in 10 years who ends up losing their best player. 

That right there makes you ineligible. 

Poor public Cocoa was able to go to freakin Las Vegas and play Gorman, and they don't have a penny to their name. Colquitt shits $100 bills. 

It all goes back to the origin of Georgia teams just not wanting to challenge themselves nationally. That's the bottom line 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

After he won it all in 2014, and knowing he would have a great team in 15, he should of squeezed every resource he had to secure a landmark game. 

He could of talked to Paragon, sent national ads on high school classified sections, etc. 

He could of had a press conference offering a good amount of money to bring in some top team. 

He then picks the worst Plant team in 10 years who ends up losing their best player. 

That right there makes you ineligible. 

Poor public Cocoa was able to go to freakin Las Vegas and play Gorman, and they don't have a penny to their name. Colquitt shits $100 bills. 

It all goes back to the origin of Georgia teams just not wanting to challenge themselves nationally. That's the bottom line 

Honest, this is an important post. 

The GA folks need to read it and think long and hard. 

5 hours ago, noonereal said:

He did not announce he has the toughest schedule in the country this year though. 

I think you may need to go back and re-read that article. Also, that article was written before the Cocoa game changed whether that makes a difference in his outlook on this season's schedule in you turkey's eyes or not.

If Rush knows he will have a great team he will try to schedule up. You guys can make believe that Rush knew Plant would be bad, and without their starting qb on top of that all you want. It's tiresome and silly at this point. 

Is Plant a program or not? Colquitt had one of the most down on talent years since Rush's first year in Moultrie, last season and still put a scare into a few highly ranked opponents. Is Colquitt just that much better of a program than Plant? 

When Rush scheduled Plant, he surely thought they would be better than they were. A program that even on a down year should be a respectable opponent. Y'all act like Rush is just pouring down the rosters of oos teams and picking teams with no juice. Pardon my franch, but that is bullshit. 

4 hours ago, rockinl said:

He knows how to win games and build programs. He works harder than any coach out there at getting his players into college. Kids that in a different program, or under a different coach would never get scholies to college. 

He certainly made some mistakes in his life. Many people have. He's making the most out of the chance he has now and that's what counts.

13 hours ago, noonereal said:

Will text speak change how we communicate? 

Last week I read a post here where one poster admonished another for using texting shortcuts. 

Today I woke to a post from a new poster using a texting short cut. 

My business Emails are virtually text speak free, message boards tend to be 95% text language free. 

Just wondering about peoples thoughts on this. 

Are texting shortcuts the new Spanglish? 

I see no prohibition for text speak in message board rules or guidelines. 

Personally I take all kinds of "poetic license" when I post, is texting speak the same? 

Where do we or don't we draw the line with text shortcuts? 

(it's a slow news day!)

I vote for going back to the GOOD OLE DAYS, when people actually spoke heterosexual Anglish!

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He did not announce he has the toughest schedule in the country this year though. 

I think you may need to go back and re-read that article. Also, that article was written before the Cocoa game changed whether that makes a difference in his outlook on this season's schedule in you turkey's eyes or not.

If Rush knows he will have a great team he will try to schedule up. You guys can make believe that Rush knew Plant would be bad, and without their starting qb on top of that all you want. It's tiresome and silly at this point. 

Is Plant a program or not? Colquitt had one of the most down on talent years since Rush's first year in Moultrie, last season and still put a scare into a few highly ranked opponents. Is Colquitt just that much better of a program than Plant? 

When Rush scheduled Plant, he surely thought they would be better than they were. A program that even on a down year should be a respectable opponent. Y'all act like Rush is just pouring down the rosters of oos teams and picking teams with no juice. Pardon my franch, but that is bullshit. 

BS

It's my only problem with him. 

Especially the big retreat this year after 5 losses. 

Plant is symbolic, one team does not make a schedule even if they did not suck. 

BC played Plant when the finished top 15 in the country and also played the #1 team in the country twice and #40 and #103 twice!

Don't tell me you don't see the difference. You are the reasonable GA guy. 

OK Plant was down and maybe Rush did not know (I do not believe it) but he did know they were not top 25 like when BC played them. The only real competition he faced was in the playoffs where he faced other mighty GA teams (vomit come to throat) All undefeated of course.

-------------------------------------------

GA's top 5 teams in 15' were all undefeated because they played TERRIBLE schedules. 

MNC because you play no one? Yeah, OK Curtis got one but that does not make it right. 

Whoever won the tournament in 15' would have screamed they deserved a MNC but someone had to win. NOT ONE TOP GA TEAM, ALL YEAR,  PLAYED A TOP 100 TEAM. (until someone had to win)

5 teams, not one challenge game. How many games do you play? 11 in season? That is 55 games with not one note worthy opponent.

Now tell me again how Cal has it out for GA.... GA has it out for themselves in an objective, accomplishment based, quantified, qualified scientific ranking.

Sorry, I really went off.

"he didn't know Plant was no longer a power....BS" caused it.

again, sorry  

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

BS

BC played Plant when the finished top 15 in the country and also played the #1 team in the country twice and #40 and #103 twice!

OK Plant was down and maybe Rush did not know (I do not believe it) but he did know they were not top 25 like when BC played them. The only real competition he faced was in the playoffs where he faced other mighty GA teams (vomit come to throat) All undefeated of course.

GA's top 5 teams in 15' were all undefeated because they played TERRIBLE schedules. 

MNC because you play no one? Yeah, OK Curtis got one but that does not make it right. 

Whoever won the tournament in 15' would have screamed they deserved a MNC but someone had to win. NOT ONE TOP GA TEAM, ALL YEAR,  PLAYED A TOP 100 TEAM. (until someone had to win)

5 teams, not one challenge game. How many games do you play? 11 in season? That is 55 games with not one note worthy opponent.

Now tell me again how Cal has it out for GA.... GA has it out for themselves in an objective, accomplishment based, quantified, qualified scientific ranking.

again, sorry  

xD

I know we have this discussion on a regular. I still think we have a difficult time distinguishing the private school mentality from public school realities. It's ok though. Colquitt tries to get at least one nationally relevant team each season for sure. It doesn't always work out. We are operating with a new(ish) AD now, so I'm hoping we can see some ability to get better in the scheduling dept. but it's yet to be seen for sure. Colquitt will always try to get the one or two nationally relevant OOS teams while knowing that there is great possibility of getting two + more in the "must win" part of the season. 

On 4/25/2017 at 11:05 AM, noonereal said:

Honest, this is an important post. 

The GA folks need to read it and think long and hard. 

1st off lets get something straight you can ask the NV posters... 

Colquitt and Gorman both tried...  

The NHSA said no to it both times.... 

Colquitt got their end approved and even had plans to travel to Vegas. During the time there was Political issues going in with BG and The NHSA said no to the game.... 

This has been said by both parties...

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1st off lets get something straight you can ask the NV posters... 

Colquitt and Gorman both tried...  

The NHSA said no to it both times.... 

Colquitt got their end approved and even had plans to travel to Vegas. During the time there was Political issues going in with BG and The NHSA said no to the game.... 

This has been said by both parties...

LOL

Who does he have on the schedule this year?

It was not till he got confident in his team and saw he was not getting his MNC, had nothing to lose, that he made a RIDICULOUS effort to get the game with Gorman. 

Let's drop Rush because I like him BUT I am not delusional. He has good and bad, strengths and weaknesses, like all of us. 

I don't know all the ends and outs when it comes to our scheduling, but what I do know is that its sporadic. We have been able to get elite teams in some years, but are unable to secure them (for whatever reason) in others. It's not like Rush just skips over top national teams when it comes time to schedule. You're a fool if you truly believe that.

I feel like a lot of the best games played nationally, in any year, are probably being negotiated(probably not finalized) a year or so in advanced. Maybe that is the reason... We aren't proactive enough. Again, I don't know. I'll tell Tick and Rush to start mailing out signed contracts to the the most likely teams to be Top 100 a year in advance. The ole Bosco philosophy. Seriously though, it's unforunate that we can make the deals happen in our down years. 

My fingers are crossed for the next 2 or 3 years. As we will have some of the most talented teams in our history.

Oh, and as far as Plant goes. Rush probably expected them to be a Lowndes type opponent at worst (Plant lost to Lowndes in '14 20-14). That would have been a respectable opponent to get considering how late in the scheduling process the game was signed, and the scramble made just to get them. Unfortunately, Plant came limping in, and got carried back to Tampa on the Wammbulance. Smh... The did however end up a "good" neighborhood team in Florida; so thats that. ?

16 hours ago, noonereal said:

BS

again, sorry  

I wanna know when BC played the #1 team twice? 

See heres my issue with NJ and CA. You act all high and mighty about how you do such great things. 

I'll give NJ props for actually winning their OOS games. Which recently though has not been the case. 

But CA doesnt and they wanna talk about how they play anyone anywhere anytime.... But you dont fucking win. 

Thats like saying I accept all challenges but I show up unprepared.  For those challenges both physically and mentally.  Then you give me the excuse about"Atleast we played them" thats BS. Idk where or when the hell"Atleast" became an accomplishment. I wanna see results! I dont wanna hear you brag about how you "Atleast" scheduled a team that ran you off the field.  

When are you gonna start winning them ?

And another thing.... I dont wanna hear CA talk about how great they are yet. Damn near annually DLS gets beaten OOS so much to the point its not even funny anymore. But then they go to Cali and make your top teams look Pedestrian absolutely Ridiculous! 

Now my biggest issue with NJ. 

Your state as a whole is atrocious.... 

Your state organization tries to Undermine you at every turn. 

SPP is a coward.... 

And your playoff format is terrible. You're bragging about playing the same team twice. 

Then nobody in your state will play you for some reason. IDK how SPP does it....  

You brag about playing OOS yea its a wonderful experience. 

But you brag about it like its the grand optional choice or because you really only want the best. Yea you might want the best but whats the real reason? 

I'll tell ya what it is. 

Nobody in your pathetic state will play you.... 

If NJ was as good as GA The BNU would have 2 OOS games out the most then some good In state teams. 

And another thing...  

You only play 12 games....

And another thing that urks me. 

The Streak. The DLS streak is meaningless to me. You played a bunch of slappies. Theres not a state east of Utah that they could pull that feat off in. 

You wouldnt do it in OH

You wouldnt do it in GA

You wouldnt do it in TX 

Wouldnt do it in FL hell you wouldnt even do it In NJ. 

Yea Im saying it the streak was hot garbage. Norcal has proven that DLS is practically a god tier team out there. 

DLS beat Folsom 49-15 2 years in a row the same damn score at the same damn place. 

Then this year a Weak a very weak DLS beat the best team in Norcal. Antioch. 

The team that shouldve beaten DLS did not do it. Why? Because Norcal lacks Coaching and the Talent is Divided heavily. 

Norcal is not that good. But if you leave it to CP and every other California Ass kisser. Its amazing. 

I'll tell ya whats amazing. 

The amount of BS Artificial Glory California can pull out of its ass. 

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I don't know all the ends and outs when it comes to our scheduling, but what I do know is that its sporadic. We have been able to get elite teams in some years, but are unable to secure them (for whatever reason) in others. It's not like Rush just skips over top national teams when it comes time to schedule. You're a fool if you truly believe that.

I feel like a lot of the best games played nationally, in any year, are probably being negotiated(probably not finalized) a year or so in advanced. Maybe that is the reason... We aren't proactive enough. Again, I don't know. I'll tell Tick and Rush to start mailing out signed contracts to the the most likely teams to be Top 100 a year in advance. The ole Bosco philosophy. Seriously though, it's unforunate that we can make the deals happen in our down years. 

My fingers are crossed for the next 2 or 3 years. As we will have some of the most talented teams in our history.

Oh, and as far as Plant goes. Rush probably expected them to be a Lowndes type opponent at worst (Plant lost to Lowndes in '14 20-14). That would have been a respectable opponent to get considering how late in the scheduling process the game was signed, and the scramble made just to get them. Unfortunately, Plant came limping in, and got carried back to Tampa on the Wammbulance. Smh... The did however end up a "good" neighborhood team in Florida; so thats that. ?

Ummm... I hate to state the obvious, but being able to make those deals in our down years says more about those other teams imo. The old okeedokee is being pulled here. While we are looking like a real top 5-10 contender, these national super teams magically can't get it done with us, but as soon as it looks like we will be down a little, they come out of the woodwork to sign. 

Reading along with some of these guys on here would lead one to believe that Colquitt is the team doing that, but as you said, magically top 10 teams get it done with us on our down years. 

I think a big part of this national scene stuff is about the ability to make these deals get done, and... aaaannnd, knowing when to get them done in-so-far-as having scouted well enough to know you can exploit something from the other team and come out on top. Be it a down on talent year, or just some distinct advantage otherwise that you know is there. The Gorman's and SJB's of the world are really good at this. It's as simple as that. 

If those teams were in the region with Colquitt and forced to play us every year and not be able to cherry pick which years they played us, they'd take their lumps just like everyone else. 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And another thing that urks me. 

The Streak. The DLS streak is meaningless to me.

BAM!!!!!!!!!

You get it!

Colquitt, Roswell, Mill, Grayson and Cartersville perfect regular season records in 15' are meaningless to me. See how that works? 

(and then of course, by design, one must end up undefeated, at that point, big deal, it's meaningless)