CA Governor signs new law allowing College athletes to be paid by endorsements.

Powerball

Just now, Columbiafan said:

And nobody I've spoke to that have played college football have speak positive on NCAA

They speak positive on fans, coaches and school but never NCAA

Have spoke positive* i guess those people dont appreciate what was given to them due to their abilities 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Have spoke positive* i guess those people dont appreciate what was given to them due to their abilities 

Or maybe they just appreciated the real people in the college aspect

Being the school, fans and coaches who were right there with them the entire way

Not some guys in suits who sit in luxury boxes smoking imported Cuban cigars

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Baseball and softball ik for sure don't have full ride

They are not a head count sport. A full ride may be given to any individual a coach feels is worth it. 

You need to take a breadth and listen.

A non headcount sport has a limit on how many scholarships they can give. Baseball is about 11 if my memory is good. 

These 11 scholarships can be divided among 30 players or however many the coach would like. He can give as many full rides (up to 11) as he likes. Most give partials to most.

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Or maybe they just appreciated the real people in the college aspect

Being the school, fans and coaches who were right there with them the entire way

Not some guys in suits who sit in luxury boxes smoking imported Cuban cigars

So than u have a problem with every commissioner of every pro sport. You know the one who overlooks the entire organization and makes sure the organization exists for the players to play. Just admit you have a huge problem with people with money. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

So than u have a problem with every commissioner of every pro sport. You know the one who overlooks the entire organization and makes sure the organization exists for the players to play. Just admit you have a huge problem with people with money. 

Nah I just have problems with people with money who use it to have control over people

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's how the world works man. You either have ur head in the sand or just dont want to face that fact. Money is power. Money is everything.

Yeah but I can also control how I feel about these people

That may be only level of control i do have is these rich controlling people have no control over how the average Joe feels about them

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but I can also control how I feel about these people

That may be only level of control i do have is these rich controlling people have no control over how the average Joe feels about them

So go ahead and expend your energy on something that will never affect you and has never affected you. That makes a lot of sense 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

wrong

They are just like any other non headcount sport. 

The 9.9 scholarships may be divided in any manner the coach chooses.

It's not wrong at all. My brother is a coach and recruiter on d1 swimming and diving program. I myself swam in college. Nobody gets a full ride. Those scholarships are always broken up into partials 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It's not wrong at all. My brother is a coach and recruiter on d1 swimming and diving program. I myself swam in college. Nobody gets a full ride. Those scholarships are always broken up into partials 

Yes, it is wrong. Please. Just stop. 

The coach may use them as he likes. PERIOD. 

This is a freakin' fact. 

Is it rare? Likely. I know nothing of swimming. I do however know the rules and can read the King's English. 

---------------------

This is a big problem we have in America today. People just accept their experience as being fact.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

No you don't

It's a 1 year renewal of a 4 year scholarship meaning each off-season they can cut someone scholarship and don't even have to justify why they do

That’s exactly why ‘oversigning’ works.

The dude arguing with you doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Columbiafan said:

The state of California isn't making the players ineligible

If the NCAA makes that decision the blood is on their hands and they will once again lose in court just like the last lawsuit

If the NCAA goes that route, not only will they be forfeiting a ton of revenue, but CA can form their own entity. Membership in the NCAA is voluntary. 

Then it’s a matter of time before some other States follow suit with similar legislation. I’ve read that a few States are already in process of doing so. If/when they do, they can align and join with the whatever entity CA created.

Make no mistake, this move will force the NCAA to finally make make changes. They’ve been biding their time for decades.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:11 PM, HSFBfan said:

They wont lose it's their rules. They are the governing body of college sports. I have absolutely 0 issue with them. I had 0 issue with them when I was a college athlete 

They will lose. The writing is finally on the wall. At some point they can’t afford to keep bleeding members. 

Any school can leave the NCAA at any time. It’s voluntary membership.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

That’s exactly why ‘oversigning’ works.

The dude arguing with you doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.

There are written rules and there is reality....

Nor is going by the "written rules" and thinking he is cute by knowing that something 'could' in fact happen, that in reality never does...

Instead of simply explaining it up front "by rule technically correct, but far from reality" he's trolling others who operate by road signs not rule...

so much smarter than everyone.....

check out the cute ending disclaimer 🤣

17 hours ago, noonereal said:

...This is a freakin' fact. 

Is it rare? Likely. I know nothing ...

PS: Being as rules allow a lot of lea way, and different Colleges can choose any number of different ways to execute, it's a fairly silly argument to say who know's "MORE" about it...

BTW: the guy that read the 'actual rule' once is obviously the best expert here...DUH... 🤣  

2 hours ago, Troll said:

There are written rules and there is reality....

Nor is going by the "written rules" and thinking he is cute by knowing that something 'could' in fact happen, that in reality never does...

Instead of simply explaining it up front "by rule technically correct, but far from reality" he's trolling others who operate by road signs not rule...

so much smarter than everyone.....

check out the cute ending disclaimer 🤣

PS: Being as rules allow a lot of lea way, and different Colleges can choose any number of different ways to execute, it's a fairly silly argument to say who know's "MORE" about it...

BTW: the guy that read the 'actual rule' once is obviously the best expert here...DUH... 🤣  

Go fuck yourself. 

You remain a complete ass hole. 

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

another ignorant ass hole

At least Troll admits I am right even if he is an abrasive piece of garbage. (needlessly)

Yes you were 'technically' right from the get go....

If it was not presented in an abrasive garbage way,

everyone else may have understood what you were trying to say....

see how that works???  🙄

Go fuck yourself. 

You remain a complete ass hole. 

giphy.gif

Run out of pumpkin spice???

maybe next time try decaffeinated ...

giphy.gif 

another ignorant ass hole

At least Troll admits I am right even if he is an abrasive piece of garbage. (needlessly)

Surely ad hominem and name calling tactics are a fantastic way to prove your own lack of ignorance. Well done!

I rarely choose to debate with someone like you because there's no upside to it. So I won't bother outlining and detailing how you're wrong. But @Columbiafan surely has a much more firm grasp about scholarships than you do. Whether you're capable of understanding that or not.