Plant Coach Suspended- Self reported violations

181pl

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2019/10/02/plant-high-football-coach-robert-weiner-suspended-six-weeks/

By Bob Putnam

Published 11 minutes ago

Plant High football coach Robert Weiner has been suspended six weeks and fined $5,000 by the Florida High School Athletic Association after the school self-reported a pair of violations.

It was unclear from the FHSAA whether the violations are the result of impermissible benefits and/or recruiting. The bylaw violated includes both.

The suspension comes the week the Panthers (0-5) play Steinbrenner (5-0) in a pivotal matchup that will likely decide the Class 8A, District 7 title.

Weiner said he plans to appeal the decision next week. If the suspension holds up, he would miss the remainder of the season unless Plant wins on Friday and makes a significant run in the postseason.

Last month, Plant had three players declared ineligible for the season for impermissible benefits (improper housing) after their appeals were denied, according to FHSAA associate executive director of administrative services Jamie Rohrer. There were no fines or suspensions in those cases because the players never participated in any games before their appeals, Rohrer said.

The recent self-reported incidents are separate from those cases. Hillsborough County school district spokeswoman Tanya Arja said the county did not investigate because Plant self-reported the violations.

This is the first time Plant’s football program has been in trouble with the FHSAA under Weiner.

In 16 seasons, Weiner has guided the Panthers to 14 district titles and four state titles and two runnerup finishes.

This story will be updated.

• Like 1

At least they don't need to worry about forfeits. Lol.

Boundaries do matter when school is full (bc it is consistently ranked in the top 100 academically). That means no purely athletic transfers unless they move into ultra expensive S. Tampa.

Should be interesting to say the least. If I was Weiner I'd move onto a private school where boundaries and, to a lesser extent, recruiting don't matter. He could do some serious damage at a school like Tampa Catholic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And they still lost by 41 to Zaga!! 

They can't pick their players like private schools. They have their worst team in 16 years. They are not a recruited up juggernaut. This is comical. Probably a marginal player at best.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Boundaries do matter when school is full (bc it is consistently ranked in the top 100 academically). That means no purely athletic transfers unless they move into ultra expensive S. Tampa.

Should be interesting to say the least. If I was Weiner I'd move onto a private school where boundaries and, to a lesser extent, recruiting don't matter. He could do some serious damage at a school like Tampa Catholic.

Or...he could try to go to Metro ATL.......

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

This is very ironic considering Plant is average at best this year, and is having its worst season in multiple years. Combine that with the fact that it is clearly not stud athletes we are talking about, and ... 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Was Wiener the one that was considered as well for teh Chaminade job a few seasons ago???  I can see him being like a Coach Guandolo and building a badass team at a private school.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, 181pl said:

correct. boundaries absolutely matter. they also have had other kids housed. it's a total waste of energy. TC has a great coach right now. Rumor mill is that another coach is already wanted for Plant. Time will tell.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, 181pl said:

This is BULLSHIT penalty. Kid never played a snap. Helped a kid with no guardian find housing. AD at Plant sucks. Time for him to go to greener pastures.

http://www.fox13news.com/sports/high-school-sports/plant-high-school-football-coach-robert-weiner-suspended#/

Sounds like a booster or a propaganda machine hard at work for weiner again. Focus is important here. The infractions (multiple for multiple players) were self reported and the Coach admitted himself to violating the rules. The article said 3 kids @ tampa bay times.  Problematic at least for him & the DOFP (which is a volunteer title by the way- self designated) they did violate policy and the fines and penalties should just be taken with a smile because over the years, they have gotten by with way worse than this. Also, every time they talk, or defend themselves they admit to other violations. should be a really fun fall out to watch. if I were the boosters principal or administration , I would be pushing hard to get him out. the fact that he tried to make it appear to be an isolated incident is even more laughable. Trash talking the AD is not beneficial at this point. The AD is on the board at the FHSAA. ignorant cannot win but stupid  lives on forever... at everyone else's expense. Also, imagine being the parent that did it the right way for a kid in district and your kid gets benched so this "homeless" kid can play??? Do you know what the taxes are in S. Tampa alone?? It is not fair to anyone- and the coach should be fired if not arrested. Also .... he did not report the unsafe living situation to the authorities...please this guy is a joke. weiner must go. he could do everyone a favor and head onto a private school and recruit away. But we all need to know - what benefit does he have to move kids away from family and then house them? what is REALLY going on? this man is not married with no kids, right? seems suspect.