DeMatha: 51 Seniors in three years have gone on to play college football at 45 different schools...

BigDrop

7 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

RURAL PUBLIC school Colquitt, had that many in 2014-2015! And a good number went to the SEC!

we have a soccer coach up here that does the same thing... he gets great placement for his girls... every year

Few ever have a good college career... 

He does carry on about his incredible placement though... and that part is true.

just sayin'

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

we have a soccer coach up here that does the same thing... he gets great placement for his girls... every year

He does carry on about his incredible placement though... and that part is true.

just sayin'

10 minutes ago, noonereal said:

so what? They do not have the correct zip code for national rankings to give them their earned place. 

Change your zip code or shut up! 

Dematha gets plenty of love Nor. Your zip code theory is inapplicable in this example.

9 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Since 2014, on Signing Day, DeMatha has had 51 seniors go on to play college football at 45 different schools.

DeMatha always flying under the radar, never hear about them as you do other national programs but yet they were in the top 25 just about every season for the last 20 years or so.  Tons of college-bound athletes, great staff, facilities, etc...  so what gives???  Why not hear more of them, they could EASILY trade games with the Philly PCL or the NJ BNU on a regular basis, heck even CIncy GCL isn't all that far.  They're a solid team and always fun to watch.  I would love to see them come up and play SJP or AB Wood every now-and-again :)

8 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Dematha gets plenty of love Nor. Your zip code theory is inapplicable in this example.

No way in hell!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, Nj and MD have been historically undervalued... it's changing for sure... but you don't change a culture of zip code in a few years. 

25 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

But Dematha Nor? Come on now. They are preseason Top 25 annually and finish there or close in most years.

YES!!!!!!!! and they are still undervalued!!!!!!!!

Weather it's 4 spots in the poll or 10, never does a team from MD get the nod and be overvalued. I have never seen it.

Look at the TX teams, honest. There zip code gets them as many as 25-30 spots in the polls. 

Did you ever see Wayne Hills in a national top 25? Of course not. But Caretsville was inserted last year. (I was absolutely floored) 

and trust me, it's way better than 15-30 year ago. 

------------------------------------------

Here is how the ranking still work. I have seen this scores of times over the years. DJ did this every time. 

Two elite teams, one from NJ, one from MD play. Both top 25. One is ranked #10, the other #24. Number 24 wins. What happens? #10 is dropped from the poll and #24 stays at #24. 

Now, TX has a game. Same thing. One is ranked #24, one is ranked #10. #24 wins. What happens? #24 goes up to #5 and #10 stays at #10. 

I promise you this is how it has been done for decades. 

Finally, we are making some progress on this. Why? AZ beats GA. NV beats TX.

Yes OOS play, science (algorithms) and the internet are slowly changing things.

Did you know facts seldom change perceptions?  That is the challenge. Changing perceptions. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Weather it's 4 spots in the poll or 10, never does a team from MD get the nod and be overvalued. I have never seen it.

Look at the TX teams, honest. There zip code gets them as many as 25-30 spots in the polls. 

Did you ever see Wayne Hills in a national top 25? Of course not. But Caretsville was inserted last year. (I was absolutely floored) 

Here is how the ranking still work. I have seen this scores of times over the years. DJ did this every time. 

Two elite teams, one from NJ, one from MD play. Both top 25. One is ranked #10, the other #24. Number 24 wins. What happens? #10 is dropped from the poll and #24 stays at #24. 

Now, TX has a game. Same thing. One is ranked #24, one is ranked #10. #24 wins. What happens? #24 goes up to #5 and #10 stays at #10. 

Did you know facts seldom change perceptions?  That is the challenge. Changing perceptions. 

Lol. This guy thinks Chandler beating Valdosta is gonna help some zip code argument.

51 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No way in hell!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, Nj and MD have been historically undervalued... it's changing for sure... but you don't change a culture of zip code in a few years. 

What is changing? Nothing about rankings is changing. DeMatha is highly ranked bc they are good. Period.

If you think BG beating CHill, & Chandler beating Valdosta is going to change anyones mind about already proven facts, youre in fantasy land.

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

DeMatha always flying under the radar, never hear about them as you do other national programs but yet they were in the top 25 just about every season for the last 20 years or so.  Tons of college-bound athletes, great staff, facilities, etc...  so what gives???  Why not hear more of them, they could EASILY trade games with the Philly PCL or the NJ BNU on a regular basis, heck even CIncy GCL isn't all that far.  They're a solid team and always fun to watch.  I would love to see them come up and play SJP or AB Wood every now-and-again :)

I personally thought 2015 Dematha had a decent claim to be in the argument for top spot.   They smoked Central, beat AHP at home, St. Johns etc, but I got a lot of shit for it. 

Last year they were legit as well, but hard to tell as they didn't challenge themselves as much.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If you think BG beating CHill, & Chandler beating Valdosta is going to change anyones mind about already proven facts, youre in fantasy land.

little by little it will

what you don't know is that just 15 years ago if someone said an AZ team could beat any GA team was absolutely laughed at, in earnest. It was believed to the core by 90% of America. (not me, I was already yapping on forums! LOL)

so we have come a long way already

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

RURAL PUBLIC school Colquitt, had that many in 2014-2015! And a good number went to the SEC!

That's a testament to Probst for sure but remember CC has about twice as many students from 10-12.  CC has what about 1800 - 1900 kids while DeMatha probably has about 1000 at most.  

Middle/South GA more a football hotbed than middle MD area as well so more kids might be inclined to play at CC than at DeMatha. 

I would only assume on this one but DeMatha kids probably don't see football as valued and a "good way out" of their current living situation as CC kids might, I can see more emphasis on football at CC for sure than on academics.  With that said I can see why kids at CC line up to play for Probst, listen to the staff and your future could be college.

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

little by little it will

what you don't know is that just 15 years ago any AZ team beating any GA team was absolutely laughed at 

so we have come a long way already

The "THOUGHT" was laughable until the shock waves that went through South GA in 05' or 06' when Valdosta got beat AT HOME by Jordan HS from Utah.  Now Valdosta was definitely down that season but I also remember every game but one they lost by only 3 or 4 points or less.  That game there sent a notice that other states were willing to travel and play ball.  10 years later we see that change in states like Utah, Arizona, etc... where teams have become comparable to others in football states.  

Just now, sausmann9 said:

The "THOUGHT" was laughable until the shock waves that went through South GA in 05' or 06' when Valdosta got beat AT HOME by Jordan HS from Utah.  Now Valdosta was definitely down that season but I also remember every game but one they lost by only 3 or 4 points or less.  That game there sent a notice that other states were willing to travel and play ball.  10 years later we see that change in states like Utah, Arizona, etc... where teams have become comparable to others in football states.  

It's all perception.

Going way back, here is what I did. I'd ask someone like Canes, name me your top 5 programs in state the last 30 years. 

They would and I'd go to USATOday archives and check all season ending top 25 rankings for those 5 schools vs NJ's top 5 schools. Guess what? Nj almost always had more!!!!!!!!

They would be absolutely flabbergasted. 

and here is why. When you check a ranking, you predominately check your state teams and any teams your state may have played. The other teams listed are "filler." We see them but immediately dismiss them. Our conscience brain does not waste resources on them because we are not interested in them. 

Then when it's time to recall great programs, we recall those we concentrated on. The "filler" is lost to us. 

So knowing this, I'd trap posters and they were force taught, as it were. Like putting sugar in the water to get them to drink. ;)

DJ used to say that NJ and MD and yada yada yada just got good. No, in the past they were also good but the national mindset dismissed them. Filler. 

Thank God for OOS, Science and internet or AZ, MD, Nj... would still suck. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

In response to the first part of your post. You just stated that you look at ranges to assess teams.

Now youre bitching about 4 or 10 spots?  Jeez dude.

Dematha is one of the most recognizable names in HSFB. And they are always ranked accordingly. 

Dematha, DeLaSalle, Don Bosco, Hoover, STA, Allen, Bishop Gorman, and John Curtis are the top 8 teams in my opinion who are the most successful and recognizable programs the last decade. These teams are always ranked and valued. 

Hell if anything Dematha is so name brand that they would be overvalued  before they were undervalued. Lol 

• Like 1

We'll see where DeMatha stands from the jump when they play Bishop Gorman in LV to start the season. Hopefully I'm not on here in a few months lobbying that a close loss to BG in OT is the highlight of our season...

Historically, DeMatha is definitely respected and a name brand national team. But, they have been jumped by other teams for no other reason than zip code. Last year, two loss STA being ranked ahead of an undefeated DeMatha team with better wins is probably the most recent example. 

9 hours ago, noonereal said:

just sayin'

Lets see, recently, Colquitt has had a starting RB at La. Tech, who was among the national leaders in rushing, until sidelined with an ACL! And a coaching change sunk his ship! They have a potential starting RB and a potential starting TE both in the SEC! They had a starting LBer at both the Citadel and Georgia Southern. They had a starting CB at UGA, a starting WR as a freshman, at Middle Tennessee State, a starting DT at UCF, a starting LBer at South Alabama, and the nineteenth overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft!

3 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

We'll see where DeMatha stands from the jump when they play Bishop Gorman in LV to start the season. Hopefully I'm not on here in a few months lobbying that a close loss to BG in OT is the highlight of our season...

Historically, DeMatha is definitely respected and a name brand national team. But, they have been jumped by other teams for no other reason than zip code. Last year, two loss STA being ranked ahead of an undefeated DeMatha team with better wins is probably the most recent example. 

GEEEEEEEZ, you give Rush ProPst the pick of the litter from DC, Md., Northern Va., and Southern Pa., and he'd go 152-0!

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Dematha is one of the most recognizable names in HSFB. And they are always ranked accordingly. 

Dematha, DeLaSalle, Don Bosco, Hoover, STA, Allen, Bishop Gorman, and John Curtis are the top 8 teams in my opinion who are the most successful and recognizable programs the last decade. These teams are always ranked and valued. 

Hell if anything Dematha is so name brand that they would be overvalued  before they were undervalued. Lol 

And they are either PRIVATE or GIGANTIC in enrollment! Allen a house hold name? No more than COLQUITT! Allen was a flash in the pan, in a state with a 100 schools and maybe ten worth spit! HELL, Allen's best team EVER, nearly screwed da pooch against a semi final loser in South Carolina, Dutch Fork!

On 4/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, sausmann9 said:

Since the introduction of the USA Today national poll in 1982 only one school has had more top 25 finishes than DeMatha:  De La Salle. The coach who built DM,, Bill McGregor, was awarded national high school coach of the year by the NFL .  He also retired from DeMatha with a 278-37-3 record over 39 years.  Then Elijah Brooks-who was a ripped tb and started for McGregor for two seasons before making All Met and moving to William and Mary-where he graduated-has returned and taken over from Bill without missing a beat.  Last year DeMatha finished the year ranked #4 in the U. S. by USA Today.  Two years ago DeMatha had a great team that rolled over Miami Central and beat American Heritage Plantation before losing their only game to Gonzaga.  This year they will play Bishop Gorman in Vegas.  Some believe that this year's DeMatha team has the potential to be their best ever.

DeMaha no longer flies under the radar.

• Like 1