For what its worth; ESPN new top 300

sausmann9

18 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Florida- 51 players (about 10 IMG kids)

Texas- 46 players

California- 22 players.   (Not bad for the most populated State in the country- 40 Million people).

Using population to support your point is lazy. It should be based on the number of high school students that actually play football. Putting the millions of transplants and illegals that come to California every year in that pool doesn't make sense what so ever, besides fluffing up your narrative. 

Obviously the football culture in Texas is significantly better than California. We all know that. 

Texas has significantly more high school students that play football than California (more than any other state in the country I believe). By that logic, you guys should dominate the rankings every single year. Here's some interesting data:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-states-produce-tons-of-fbs-talent/

Georgia & Florida are much more impressive states to me than Texas recruiting wise. You'd think a state like Texas that eats, sleeps, & breaths football 24/7 would be more impressive, as opposed to a state like California, where politicians are actively trying to shut down the sport. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Using population to support your point is lazy. It should be based on the number of high school students that actually play football. Putting the millions of transplants and illegals that come to California every year in that pool doesn't make sense what so ever, besides fluffing up your narrative. 

Obviously the football culture in Texas is significantly better than California. We all know that. 

Texas has significantly more high school students that play football than California (more than any other state in the country I believe). By that logic, you guys should dominate the rankings every single year. Here's some interesting data:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-states-produce-tons-of-fbs-talent/

Georgia & Florida are much more impressive states to me than Texas recruiting wise. You'd think a state like Texas that eats, sleeps, & breaths football 24/7 would be more impressive, as opposed to a state like California, where politicians are actively trying to shut down the sport. 

LOL.. ya, Texas doesn't have any immigrants from Mexico/Central America coming into it.  Ha-ha-ha

Also... current events probably isn't your strong point.  But Texas is one of the fastest growing States in the Country.  Some of that growth is California transplants moving to Texas.

4 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Ok.. that's your answer.  Got it!

I don't care about Bryce Young's ranking. I understand why someone would rank him a 4star, he's tiny. 

ESPN's rankings just suck in general, regardless of state. 

For example, Drew Sanders (a Texan) is a clear 5star in my book. ESPN clearly isn't thorough in its evaluation 

1 minute ago, mje44 said:

So from the full paragraph of facts that I just wrote, that's the only thing you comment on?

Your points were...  California has transplants and illegal immigrants coming into it boosting up its population.

Yes.. I laugh at that because your basically saying that Texas (another Border State) doesn't have 1,000's upon 1,000's of Illegal Immigrants streaming into it.

Also.. Texas is one of the fastest growing States in American with transplants from other States.  California being one of the States people are moving from.

Texas apparently does pretty well with the Football prospects too.  ESPN Scouts say 46 of the top 300 High School players in America are from Texas.   What is that?  About 20% almost.. Not bad for One State (Texas).

California has freaking 40 Million people in it..  (22 of the Top 300 kids in America).  Not a good look.

I can see why Private School teams like Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco feel like they need to go scan the local Southern Cal region and steal everyones good players.

2 minutes ago, mje44 said:

I don't care about Bryce Young's ranking. I understand why someone would rank him a 4star, he's tiny. 

ESPN's rankings just suck in general, regardless of state. 

For example, Drew Sanders (a Texan) is a clear 5star in my book. ESPN clearly isn't thorough in its evaluation 

Kyler Murray is smaller (5'10) and he was 5-Star, Heisman winner and NFL 1st overall pick.   Size with QB's doesn't matter as much as it did 10 years ago with these Spread/Zone Read offensives.

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Take it easy on the poor guy.  He's from texas.  He doesn't know better.

Sorry.. Your fellow California member seem to not realize that Texas is a Border State too.   With a much longer border with Mexico too.   Ha-ha-ha.

But I know... You guess are all Intellectuals..  Just ask you!!

17 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Your points were...  California has transplants and illegal immigrants coming into it boosting up its population.

Yes.. I laugh at that because your basically saying that Texas (another Border State) doesn't have 1,000's upon 1,000's of Illegal Immigrants streaming into it.

Also.. Texas is one of the fastest growing States in American with transplants from other States.  California being one of the States people are moving from.

Texas apparently does pretty well with the Football prospects too.  ESPN Scouts say 46 of the top 300 High School players in America are from Texas.   What is that?  About 20% almost.. Not bad for One State (Texas).

California has freaking 40 Million people in it..  (22 of the Top 300 kids in America).  Not a good look.

I can see why Private School teams like Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco feel like they need to go scan the local Southern Cal region and steal everyones good players.

No here's my point:

The average high school football player in California is more likely to get a D1 scholarship than the average HSFB player in Texas, according to that data. 

Not a good look for a state in which football is literally embedded in the culture. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Kyler Murray is smaller (5'10) and he was 5-Star, Heisman winner and NFL 1st overall pick.   Size with QB's doesn't matter as much as it did 10 years ago with these Spread/Zone Read offensives.

Kyler is also arguably the greatest HSFB player of all time. 

20 minutes ago, mje44 said:

No here's my point:

The average high school football player in California is more likely to get a D1 scholarship than the average HSFB player in Texas, according to that data. 

Not a good look for a state in which football is literally embedded in the culture. 

Come on, Texas football rosters are also typically larger, with much larger sub varsity teams.  Those kids in a lot of cases don’t impact the core or elite numbers and ride the bench for most of their HS experience.  

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Come on, Texas football rosters are also typically larger, with much larger sub varsity teams.  Those kids in a lot of cases don’t impact the core or elite numbers and ride the bench for most of their HS experience.  

The kids in Texas riding the bench are much more relevant to the statistic than the 40million+ people in California that don't even play football. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mje44 said:

The kids in Texas riding the bench are much more relevant to the statistic than the 40million+ people in California that don't even play football. 

I only commented on your post when you stated it’s not a good look for our state.  

Regardless, TX participation is misleading based on the factors I stated, it’s hardly a quality indicator.

17 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

...and a transfer who many say never really lived in Allen. Texas homers will say he transferred for “academic” reasons or “a better economic opportunity”.  LOL. 

Except for the RE agent that handled the family’s property.  I’m surprised you didn’t quote the poster from the TX site as this very issue was recently discussed. 

54 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Some of that growth is California transplants moving to Texas.

Yet CA still has 40M. FWIW, people move from TX to CA too. 

You gonna bother to provide anything of substance, such as the legit football participation numbers for TX and CA? Or are lazy, nonsensical jabs all we can expect from you in the future?

Asking for a friend....

• Haha 1