No. 2 McEachern def No. 5 Marietta 14-12

ATLien12x

The 7A playoffs are going to be a war this year. Some good teams will be knocked out in the first round with Region 1 and Region 3 being paired up.

That means Mac, Marietta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Camden, and Hillgrove will all go to war to kick off the post season.

Right now possible matchups are Mac/at large team, Marietta/Camden, Lowndes/4th seed, and Colquitt/Hillgrove. Lowndes and Colquitt could flip flop.

That is almost the entire Top 10 in 7A.

Grayson, Archer, and North Gwinnett are the other contenders and they will basically have bye weeks until the 3rd round.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The 7A playoffs are going to be a war this year. Some good teams will be knocked out in the first round with Region 1 and Region 3 being paired up.

That means Mac, Marietta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Camden, and Hillgrove will all go to war to kick off the post season.

That’s an extremely intriguing opening round. Those are the best two regions this year

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

@FootballGuy

Archer, Hillgrove, and North Gwinnett. They have been the least talked about of the teams capable of winning it all. There seems to be a gap between the 7A Top 8 and the rest of the field.

Maybe Parkview or Camden but I just don't see that happening.

Was Camden better than you thought after watching them play? If so, I'd keep an eye on them once the playoffs start. 

Even tho they were blown out by North Gwinnett, I still feel like Mill Creek is gonna catch fire once the playoffs begin.

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Was Camden better than you thought after watching them play? If so, I'd keep an eye on them once the playoffs start. 

Even tho they were blown out by North Gwinnett, I still feel like Mill Creek is gonna catch fire once the playoffs begin.

Camden played tough in the first half and did some things well on both sides of the ball. We really struggled with their run game early on. I really like that RB they have. They made too many mistakes after halftime and Colquitt took over in the 4th quarter.

They have some talent but they are not quite ready for a championship run, although they could sneak up and beat a few of the favorites on an off night.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Camden will open the playoffs at Marietta/Hillgrove. Tough hill to climb

The uber competitiveness of region 1 7a will prepare Camden for a tough playoff run. Matter fact? It'll prepare all the teams that qualify for the playoffs in region 1 7a for their playoff runs. Same thing for region 1 6a. 

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Camden played tough in the first half and did some things well on both sides of the ball. We really struggled with their run game early on. I really like that RB they have. They made too many mistakes after halftime and Colquitt took over in the 4th quarter.

They have some talent but they are not quite ready for a championship run, although they could sneak up and beat a few of the favorites on an off night.

It took a quarter to start figuring out Camden's run game on defense. It didn't help at all that we were caught looking on special teams twice early. 

Jaycee was a little off early as well. He tends to throw high until he settles in and then the rythm is good. Definitely felt a little nervous throughout the first half and even a little in the third quarter after their D stopped us on the initial possession to start the half. 

I agree with Camcat88, they may be really tough next season if they're returning alot from this team. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It took a quarter to start figuring out Camden's run game on defense. It didn't help at all that we were caught looking on special teams twice early. 

Jaycee was a little off early as well. He tends to throw high until he settles in and then the rythm is good. Definitely felt a little nervous throughout the first half and even a little in the third quarter after their D stopped us on the initial possession to start the half. 

I agree with Camcat88, they may be really tough next season if they're returning alot from this team. 

Agreed on all accounts.

I'd also like to add that the number of penalties (especially offensively) we are committing is frustrating. It's been an issue all year for us. We have stopped ourselves more than the opposing defenses. The one exception was the Grayson game, and we absolutely dominated. It has already cost us the Valdosta game (along with the turnovers) and it will cost us again if we cannot clean that up.