Shadow Creek (TX)

Texasfrog

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This year 5A vs 6A, the results were competitive

6A #17 Guyer 3 pt win over 5AD1 #1 aledo

6A #20 vandergrift 17-0 vs 5AD1 #6 cedar park 

6A #1 Duncanville 24-3 over 5AD1 #7 lancaster

6A 7-2 rockwall 7 pt loss to 5AD1 #4 H Park

of these 4 games, 5A went 1-3 and none of the losses were blowouts.  It’s another set of data to assess with the rest.  

You can assess this after the season is done.

24-3 is a blowout. 20+MOV cmon man. I don't know of any coach that would look at it any other way. Considering Duncanville turned the ball over twice in the 1st half as well.

17-0 is another game where one team obviously controlled the other team. Vandergrift has been in 3 closer games than that against some pretty weak competition. 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

SLC didn’t dominate in every class, not one title in 5A (old 4A) however, they had multiple titles in 3A.  You gotta know your history steeler, the complete history. 

I'm talking about 2002-2007. Put them in any class and they dominate with their teams. 

Katy was a top 3 team when they beat Manvel, in ‘15 they were part MNC.  Regardless, Manvel hasn’t won a title in either class but had solid results in BOTH

Solid results in both sure, but they were drubbed in the 4th round annually in 6A. Not so in 5A. They are playing the finalists or champions to one possession games.

lufkin is top 10 in 5A and competitive with Longview both years

Lufkin is almost always competitive(They owned Longview for the longest time) with Longview, its a huge rivalry

whether lake Travis was a generational 5A team or not, their results vs 6A westlake still stand.  

It stands, as does that team stand out from the majority that division has ever had.

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You can assess this after the season is done.

24-3 is a blowout. 20+MOV cmon man. I don't know of any coach that would look at it any other way. Considering Duncanville turned the ball over twice in the 1st half as well.

17-0 is another game where one team obviously controlled the other team. Vandergrift has been in 3 closer games than that against some pretty weak competition. 

24-3 where it was 7-3 at half.  This was as competitive as their 35-14 game with SJC. 

Cedar park has been in a few close ones too. Even beat one of the teams vandegrift struggled with

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

35-17 close

I'll wait for the they beat NorthShore.

I guess DLS was as close to right? I mean they did play Trinity better than NorthShore did 1k miles from home

No need to bring up DLS or north shore.  35-17 is a respectable score vs one of the best Katy teams ever.  Manvel in 6A was a top 15 team. 

In 5A they are #2 in 5AD2

not a trash team in 6A not one in 5A either 

My contention is there are about 6-7 teams in D1 and 2 or so in D2 that are contenders, the rest of the majority is mediocre.  The same in all classes.  

Thats why I rejected the notion of rider being a top team, they lost 63-7 to Aledo and it could have been worse, that game was brutal.  Rider would have gotten beat down by early round DFW losers like reedy, SOC, etc.  

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My contention is there are about 4-5 teams in each division that are contenders, the rest of the majority is mediocre.  The same in all classes.  

Yes, but that's not what's being discussed.

What's being discussed is good football and the level of play. How's the level of play after those 4 or 5 in 5A? I know that in 6A we still have some good quality football, not so much IMO when you get out of the top 8-10 in 5A usually.

Last year for example

These teams

Centennial

Midlothian

Marshall(Beaten 60-14 by Longview)

Nederland

John Tyler(Beaten 57-7 by Cedar HIll)

Lancaster(Lost to 5-6 South Grand Prairie)

These were good teams in 5A last year.

37 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yes, but that's not what's being discussed.

What's being discussed is good football and the level of play. How's the level of play after those 4 or 5 in 5A? I know that in 6A we still have some good quality football, not so much IMO when you get out of the top 8-10 in 5A usually.

Last year for example

These teams

Centennial

Midlothian

Marshall(Beaten 60-14 by Longview)

Nederland

John Tyler(Beaten 57-7 by Cedar HIll)

Lancaster(Lost to 5-6 South Grand Prairie)

These were good teams in 5A last year.

Let me take the SGP example

lancaster was 7-4 last year (7-2vs 5A) and lost to SGP in OT 13-7 and Duncanville 27-0. 

SGP is inconsistent, they had a few bad losses but some decent showings such as  a 25-8 loss to SLC and a 30-14 loss to Duncanville in the playoffs 

neither SGP nor Lancaster last year were strong in their class, both with multiple losses and out in the 2d round.  You swap out both teams and I think they both still lose in the 2d round. 

Marshall was equivalent to horn last year that went 3 rounds also but lost to Longview 50-3 (BTW Marshall lost 3 games to a 4A, 5A and 6A) 

Tyler had about the same bad start like guyer did, both recovered and improved in the 2d half of the season 

but those things happen, even in 6A

You're wasting your time with the clown Horsefly.    He looks down between his legs and has Penis envy for Texas football and has for probably the last 15 years.

If many of these Texas 5A's like Lone Star, Highland Park, Lancaster, Manvel, Foster, FB Marshall  Shadow Creek and few others were in California.

You would see this same clown (Steeler) pimping them up as some of the best teams in the country.  100% fact!!

On 10/25/2019 at 8:12 AM, RedZone said:

What does that even mean???

I get calling something crappy, but you have to compare it with "something"...you choose to compare "level of play" then (for you) to TX 6A.

Steeler says Texas 5A is crappy..   Here is the example.

Texas 5A is crappy =  Almost any team in California other than recruited up "Select All-Star Teams" like Mater Dei and SJB.

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Another example of 5A vs 6A close scores

2018:  LR narrowly won 36-31 

5AD1 timberview (7-6) and 6A lake ridge (9-3) 

2019 Season.

Top #20 Texas 6A:   Lake Travis - 48

Mansfield Timberview- 26

Top #10 Texas 5A:       Lancaster- 33

Mansfield Timberview- 10

Three touchdown difference in both games...  but hey, The top level Texas 5A teams suck. 

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

You're wasting your time with the clown Horsefly.    He looks down between his legs and has Penis envy for Texas football and has for probably the last 15 years.

If many of these Texas 5A's like Lone Star, Highland Park, Lancaster, Manvel, Foster, FB Marshall  Shadow Creek and few others were in California.

You would see this same clown (Steeler) pimping them up as some of the best teams in the country.  100% fact!!

Sure I would.  

You see what Amat did to Aledo,  that would happen to those teams playing Mission Viejo,  Centennial,  SJB, and Mater Dei annually and whoever else is in the top 10 that year(Last year JSerra,  Oaks,  DLS, and Folsom)

39 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

2019 Season.

Top #20 Texas 6A:   Lake Travis - 48

Mansfield Timberview- 26

Top #10 Texas 5A:       Lancaster- 33

Mansfield Timberview- 10

Three touchdown difference in both games...  but hey, The top level Texas 5A teams suck. 

The only thing that shows is that Mansfield gets blown out. You expect LT to beat them by 100 to show something else huh?

1 minute ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey look... the clown Steeler is back.    

This is the same clown that just a few weeks ago was spouting out that Katy Tompkins sucks and Katy's District sucks.

That's right to the point that Katy Tompkins almost upset National Top #15 Katy HS.

Let me guess..  Katy HS sucks..  LMFAO!!

The same Katy that was up huge in the 4th before a letdown.  You went hiding during that time in your hut in Afghanistan then reappeared after the game again. You never appeared till months later after the SLC loss though