LSU 23 Auburn 20 F

HSFBfan

14 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not down, you may not like Bama and what they are doing but other conferences like the B10 are doing fine.  LSU is off to one of their best starts in years and the O is legit.

If Burrow were to get hurt, they are history on offense. IMO he's the only reason they are where they are.

Bama has so many injuries right now, its hard to predict the near future, although lots of Bama fans refuse to accept that.

• Like 1

I will be in Tuscaloosa in 2 weeks. That will be the tell all for where Bama stands as far as playing a really good team, while having so many out with injuries. Tua will play, but at what percentage of "healthy"? Im saying 60-70%. Having so many starters out on D will tell the tale. Im more concerned about the D than I am the Qb.

5 minutes ago, rockinl said:

If Burrow were to get hurt, they are history on offense. IMO he's the only reason they are where they are.

Bama has so many injuries right now, its hard to predict the near future, although lots of Bama fans refuse to accept that.

Of the top teams, LSU is the most dependent on one guy. As you say, if Burrow gets dinged, LSU goes from hero to zero.

Alabama is probably #2 most vulnerable in that regard with Tua.

My reasoning is that the likes of Clemson and (especially) Ohio State have strong RB talent (and tOSU probably the best defense of the top four).

3 hours ago, concha said:

Of the top teams, LSU is the most dependent on one guy. As you say, if Burrow gets dinged, LSU goes from hero to zero.

Alabama is probably #2 most vulnerable in that regard with Tua.

My reasoning is that the likes of Clemson and (especially) Ohio State have strong RB talent (and tOSU probably the best defense of the top four).

That LSU RB is pretty damn good IMO.     I think you are underplaying the dimension Fields gives OSU as well.   Take him out and it's much easier to stop OSU's run game.    I'd say Bama is the most dependent on their QB though.    Don't let Arkansas being horrible fool you.  

38 minutes ago, 954gator said:

That LSU RB is pretty damn good IMO.     I think you are underplaying the dimension Fields gives OSU as well.   Take him out and it's much easier to stop OSU's run game.    I'd say Bama is the most dependent on their QB though.    Don't let Arkansas being horrible fool you.  

He's not bad but he no doubt also benefits from the fact that opposing defenses have to defend the pass first, second and third because of Burrow.

I understand what Fields brings. But keep in mind that Dobbins is now in his 3rd season under his 3rd QB while going over 1,000 yards (and tOSU has Master Teague also, who has run for nearly as much as LSU's back). Both Dobbins and Teague average more per carry. Ohio State has run more than it has passed this season, even if you exclude Fields' rushing yards.