LSU 23 Auburn 20 F

HSFBfan

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I actually thought Auburn would win this game, LSU hasn't impressed me as a team

Same here. LSU gave auburn ample amount of opportunities to take the lead, and sorry ass Bo Nix couldn't complete a damn pass until it was too late. In hindsight, that interception right before halftime really hurt them. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, concha said:

Tamu barely beat frigging Arkansas and Ole Miss. There is no reason to believe they are better than Wisco.

As regards resumes, tOSU has beaten two current Top 25 teams by a combined 80-7.

Bama has zero wins over Top 25s.

I think it's been proven wisconsin is over ranked 

1 minute ago, concha said:

That's just a stupid comment.

The Big 10 has six teams in the top 25. After tonight they'll have two of the top five.

Like I said it's a product of college football not being that good this year. Many teams are down. Just look across college football and look at results. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ohio state will beat them up too. Michigan only lost to them by 7 at Penn state and they are not a good team. Already lost 2 games and should have lost to army whose 3-5 on the year

They well could.

Frankly, at this point I think tOSU would beat any team in the nation and beat up the vast majority. They have a top offense led by two Heisman candidates and Chase Young is the best player in college football and is another Heisman notable.  They are exceptional on both sides of the ball, something no other team can say.

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Like I said it's a product of college football not being that good this year. Many teams are down. Just look across college football and look at results. 

It’s not down, you may not like Bama and what they are doing but other conferences like the B10 are doing fine.  LSU is off to one of their best starts in years and the O is legit.

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

Please explain this.

What results make it "down"?

How many teams have already more or equal to 1 loss of the top teams. Than of those teams how many have bad losses. Georgia loss to SC Ok to K state. Oregon blew their game to now 2 loss Auburn. Clemson was a 2 pt away from losing to UNC. I can go on and on. College football this year in terms of the elite teams are certainly not being elite. 

Just now, concha said:

They well could.

Frankly, at this point I think tOSU would beat any team in the nation and beat up the vast majority. They have a top offense led by two Heisman candidates and Chase Young is the best player in college football and is another Heisman notable.  They are exceptional on both sides of the ball, something no other team can say.

I disagree with that last sentence but to each their own

LSU had 510 yards of total offense 30 first downs....23 points

It's like that sometimes........some pretty conservative short yardage play calling killed some drives.. I felt like we were going bust it open several times.

BUT, we won!

Rummel losing to St Aug at halftime 12-7.

Pretty ugly too. St Aug takes the opening KO to the house, next series we throw a pick-6.....

Just have to win these type games......looking ahead a little to next week maybe. I don't know.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

How many teams have already more or equal to 1 loss of the top teams. Than of those teams how many have bad losses. Georgia loss to SC Ok to K state. Oregon blew their game to now 2 loss Auburn. Clemson was a 2 pt away from losing to UNC. I can go on and on. College football this year in terms of the elite teams are certainly not being elite. 

At this time last year there was one team that was considered elite. Alabama. They had every #1 vote in the AP. How'd that work out?

There were 3 undefeated Power 5 teams. This year there are 6.

One of the three undefeateds last year at this time was ND. They came within a score of losing to:  Michigan, Vandy and Pitt and USC. they beat Ball State by 8.

LSU was ranked #4 at this time last year at 7-1. They got blanked by Bama, took 7 OTs to lose to TAMU, and beat Arkansas by a whopping 7.

Shall  go on?

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

I actually thought Auburn would win this game, LSU hasn't impressed me as a team

Lol. Smoking that funny FL stuff? LSU isn't an NC contender with this defense, but there aren't more than 3 teams that even have the right to claim to be better, mostly off of last years results, and those teams are only going off of the eye test which we see how well that worked out for Oklahoma today. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I disagree with that last sentence but to each their own

Name their notable weaknesses.

Because basically any professional analyst out there I've listened to or read calls them the most balanced team in the country. The computer analysis like ESPN Power Index and the likes of Sagarin agree.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Name their notable weaknesses.

Because basically any professional analyst out there I've listened to or read calls them the most balanced team in the country. The computer analysis like ESPN Power Index and the likes of Sagarin agree.

It's more that I disagree with the whole their the only team that has what they have 

3 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Lol. Smoking that funny FL stuff? LSU isn't an NC contender with this defense, but there aren't more than 3 teams that even have the right to claim to be better, mostly off of last years results, and those teams are only going off of the eye test which we see how well that worked out for Oklahoma today. 

I'm more impressed with teams that have a good offense and a good defense than a team who has a great offense and a subpar defense

LSU will not make the playoffs unless they improve on defense, Auburn lacked the offensive firepower to truly expose LSU defensive issues, on the other hand even without Tua, bama is loaded with skill players

That will be the true test for whether or not LSU is playoff material 

• Like 1