Marietta GA 38, Hillgrove GA 17 - Final

ECHS05

On 11/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, ATLien12x said:

I agree. They just wouldn’t be able to stop them from moving the ball down the field methodically. We saw McEachern do it the entire second half and Lowndes is a better football team. Steeler says no turnovers but that’s exactly what would happen. When playing a good defense Marietta drops passes which leads Bailey to force the ball which leads to INTs. 

Marietta wouldn’t beat Colquitt but they damn sure aren’t beating Lowndes. Just not a good matchup. 

So what is the point? 

Nobody said Marietta couldn't play with anyone in Georgia. Everybody knew they had assembled a great group of talent. Nobody that has followed them locally trusted their coaching enough to elevate them above teams that had been more proven historically. 

Marietta had, clearly had a lot... a lot of trouble with the run, all season. A good few of us expected Lowndes to have an easier time moving the ball on the ground. At the end of the day, their qb being young and largely incapable of passing over 20 yards allowed Marietta to key on the run almost solely, and, Lowndes still made a game of it. 

Everyone should just bow to Steeler and his infinitely better knowledge about Georgia hsfb. 

Marietta saved their best game for last night. Absolutely NOTHING before last night pointed to Marietta being better than Lowndes. Lowndes had been crushing good teams all season.

I dont know if Lowndes wouldve won if they had their RB/LB Osby, but it couldn't have hurt. Marietta was definitely capable of beating anyone in GA, the question was would they...

Ill say this... Marietta is lucky they didnt have Lowndes' path to the title. Beating Grayson, North Gwinnett, & then facing Lowndes wouldve been tough.

Mariettas D stepped up... It was impressive.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, ECHS05 said:

I could see Marietta beating anyone except Lowndes. I dont see anyone beating Lowndes. Theres some teams that can beat Marietta too though.

1. Lowndes

2-4. McEachern, Marietta, Colquitt in some order

On 11/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, ATLien12x said:

I agree. They just wouldn’t be able to stop them from moving the ball down the field methodically. We saw McEachern do it the entire second half and Lowndes is a better football team. Steeler says no turnovers but that’s exactly what would happen. When playing a good defense Marietta drops passes which leads Bailey to force the ball which leads to INTs. 

Marietta wouldn’t beat Colquitt but they damn sure aren’t beating Lowndes. Just not a good matchup. 

Hawg does that look like everyone knew?

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Hawg does that look like everyone knew?

Georgia isn't like Cali where two teams are unbeatable. 

Any of the top 5-7 teams in this state could beat each other on a given night. 

Saying that because people wanted them to earn their stripes before elevating them, makes you right and them wrong, isn't exactly taking an honest direction.

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Georgia isn't like Cali where two teams are unbeatable

What the hell does this have to do with the post below, that you said nobody said?

On 11/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, ECHS05 said:

I could see Marietta beating anyone except Lowndes. I dont see anyone beating Lowndes. Theres some teams that can beat Marietta too though.

1. Lowndes

2-4. McEachern, Marietta, Colquitt in some order

Just now, steeler01 said:

What the hell does this have to do with the post below, that you said nobody said?

Because, you are attempting to conflate people's attempts at ranking teams in Georgia with saying these teams can't beat each other. 

I can only assume you are coming from a place where the polls actually mean that? 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Because, you are attempting to conflate people's attempts at ranking teams in Georgia with saying these teams can't beat each other. 

I can only assume you are coming from a place where the polls actually mean that? 

I'm not attempting anything other than posting what I said back on November 1st.

Nobody is attacking anything to do with Georgia football. Don't start being Texasball

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm not attempting anything other than posting what I said back on November 1st.

Nobody is attacking anything to do with Georgia football. Don't start being Texasball

But you are. You are trying to conflate people's polls, with them saying something they did not say, in order to make what you said hold more water. 

What you said was correct. Because you said it, doesn't mean everyone else was wrong, because no one said what you are trying to make out they said. xD

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

But you are. You are trying to conflate people's polls, with them saying something they did not say, in order to make what you said hold more water. 

What you said was correct. Because you said it, doesn't mean everyone else was wrong, because no one said what you are trying to make out they said. xD

What polls?

You said nobody in Georgia thought that Marrieta couldn't beat everyone in Georgia. That was proven false, because people on this very thread people said that. You just didn't read this thread before posting 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

What polls?

You said nobody in Georgia thought that Marrieta couldn't play with anybody in Georgia. That was proven false, because people on this very thread said that. You just didn't read this thread before posting 

Thats just it. "Play with" & "beat" are 2 different things. You seem to be ignoring that.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

AGAIN, Absolutely nothing before last night said Marietta would beat Lowndes... The teams had 4 common opponents and Lowndes came out looking better EVERY TIME. 

Im pretty sure no one ponied up & said the words "Marietta is going to beat Lowndes"

That's why common opponent scores are stupid. Nothing about Lowndes said they would bowl Marietta over other then fan talk

34 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

. Absolutely NOTHING before last night pointed to Marietta being better than Lowndes. 

Mannnnnnn Marietta had a an off night with all those missed catches  and still manhandled Lowndes, How about this Stat,

Marrietta has 8 players ranked in top 100 in Georgia! Guess how many Lowndes had

0, 0 players in top 100 and yet Lowndes was made out to be some powerhouse team, their QB had 0 accuracy, at times looked like he was throwing the ball with his Left Foot

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Mannnnnnn Marietta had a an off night with all those missed passes and still manhandled Lowndes, How about this Stat,

Marrietta has 8 players ranked in top 100 in Georgia! Guess how many Lowndes had

0, 0 players in top 100 and yet Lowndes was made out to be some powerhouse team, their QB had 0 accuracy, at times looked like he was throwing the ball with his Left Foot

Lowndes is pretty young... They will be back. Hoover is in deep shit next year.

Marietta definitely didnt have an off night. Their D played their best game of the year. Lowndes' offense played their worst. Lowndes has been absolutely bullying teams on the ground... Mariettas D keyed in on the run, and their secondary has like 4 D1 guys so they knew they could stack the box and still shut down Lowndes' passing game.

They also came out with a good game plan on O & used Lowndes' aggressiveness against them with some nice screens. 

Lowndes' D did very well holding a team as talented as Marietta to 17 points... The O just couldn't do shit for the 1st time this year.

ALSO, DAMN HOW MANY PENALTIES DID LOWNDES HAVE? Holy shit man? 15? Wtf was with that?

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Because those 5-7 teams aren't as good as the two in California.

No, NO team anywhere else is either though. That includes FL, GA, TX...

Those 5-7 are better than the teams after those 2 though.

I prefer the term "those 5-7 arent as recruited up as those 2".