Marietta GA 38, Hillgrove GA 17 - Final

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

T3: Lowndes

T4: Marietta, McEachern

How would you tier Marietta and McEachern over Colquitt? Not sure I understand that one  

Colquitt beat McEachern twice last year, the first game by 5 touchdowns and the second game by 4 touchdowns. MAc always has talented kids and yet they always lose to Colquitt. They’ve yet to prove they’re better in over a decade, I’m not going against that  

This year, Marietta lost by 14 to a team Colquitt beat by 24. I’d take the Packers all day over them

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Marietta beat the #12 team in America. 

So would Lowndes, McEachern, Colquitt, maybe 1 or 2 more...

So you say Marietta beat the #12 team in America, and you have Lowndes a Tier above Marietta, yet you have Lowndes Tier 3... You make no sense. Your lack of respect for GA is glaring. There much only be 3-4 teams total in Tiers 1 & 2.

Lowndes has been dominant and beat a top 3 FL team by 4 TDs (really 5 TDs). Remember? You picked Lowndes to lose then too. If a GA team is Top 5 at CalPreps of all places, they are probably pretty damn good.

Last night was their closest game all season, everyone else theyve beaten by 24+.

I'm a homer for Colquitt, so this may not make a hill of beans worth eating, but, I'd take Colquitt in a rematch vs. Lowndes.

Again, Lowndes is a really good team. Dynamic qb and running back duo. They barely had to throw the ball last night, and when they did, once or twice successfully down the field it was early in the game. Then rpo lateral type stuff a little later in the game. 

Their defense and special teams is what kept them with the short field and allowed their misdirections and sneaks to work. Certainly some very adjustable and fixable mistakes for Colquitt in there. 

Colquitt's defense played pretty good last night considering how much time they spent on the field. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm a homer for Colquitt, so this may not make a hill of beans worth eating, but, I'd take Colquitt in a rematch vs. Lowndes.

Again, Lowndes is a really good team. Dynamic qb and running back duo. They barely had to throw the ball last night, and when they did, once or twice successfully down the field it was early in the game. Then rpo lateral type stuff a little later in the game. 

Their defense and special teams is what kept them with the short field and allowed their misdirections and sneaks to work. Certainly some very adjustable and fixable mistakes for Colquitt in there. 

Colquitt's defense played pretty good last night considering how much time they spent on the field. 

Hey Hawg...don't we hafta win Round 1 first?

Don't we have Hillgrove?

Aren't they MONSTERS from Region 3?

Ain't it time for a...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey Hawg...don't we hafta win Round 1 first?

Don't we have Hillgrove?

Aren't they MONSTERS from Region 3?

Ain't it time for a...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!!

Rufus>>

No doubt about it. Them Hawks is uh-hungered and our Hawgs is uh-banged up after facing them monsters in Lowndes county last night. 

Oh Woe Is Us. 

oh woe is us...

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Y'all will beat Hillgrove... 

No guarantees in this life. I was pretty solid on we would beat Lowndes last night. 

Shit happens. Blunders. Injuries. Etc. Things that throw you for a loop and it's the point in the season when most teams are good enough and well enough coached to capitalize. 

Mill Creek’s wins: @FootballGuy

Mountain View (4-5)

East Coweta (4-5)

Norcross (4-5) 

Discovery (2-7) 

Peachtree Ridge (2-7) 

Duluth (1-8)

they haven’t beaten one team over four quarters with a winning record this year. I’ve seen them play twice and this is the worst Mill Creek team I can recall. They’re not very good. At all. 

And this is why we can’t take North Gwinnett seriously this season. They haven’t played anyone with a pulse since Armwood. Gwinnett is waaaay down this year. I’ve said it since August  

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No guarantees in this life. I was pretty solid on we would beat Lowndes last night. 

Shit happens. Blunders. Injuries. Etc. Things that throw you for a loop and it's the point in the season when most teams are good enough and well enough coached to capitalize. 

Hawg...it appears I jumped to fast.  I got a text from someone in the know from Powder Springs...and he said Hillgrove and North Cobb played next week for the 3rd and 4th seed.

So...we don't know which one of the MONSTERS we get.....Hillgrove or North Cobb.

BUT...I think we can still keep the...

OH WOE IS US !!!!!!

(Smile)

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

Mill Creek’s wins: @FootballGuy

Mountain View (4-5)

East Coweta (4-5)

Norcross (4-5) 

Discovery (2-7) 

Peachtree Ridge (2-7) 

Duluth (1-8)

they haven’t beaten one team over four quarters with a winning record this year. I’ve seen them play twice and this is the worst Mill Creek team I can recall. They’re not very good. At all. 

And this is why we can’t take North Gwinnett seriously this season. They haven’t played anyone with a pulse since Armwood. Gwinnett is waaaay down this year. I’ve said it since August  

Gotcha. But if any gwinnett team were to make it to the championship, it'd be NG, right? 

• 1 month later...