All white college

LiberalDonaldTrump

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

She believes that Trump has enabled this and that it is only right for her to let others know-even in the liberal enclave that is our neighborhood in Fairfax, County, VA:  She is proud that she is racist.  And, with two thirds of a bottle of good wine in her she will proudly tell anyone that she feels this way and refuses to apologize for it.  

she would be right

This story is pretty common. What we lean as kids is hard for us to dismiss (like religion, be it nut case born again, Muslum, Jewish....)

I knew a German american women in the early 70's. Guess what? Same thing when it came to Hitler and Nazism. Had to keep it to herself most the time but never stopped believing. 

I played cornerback for Bethune-Cookman College( now University ) in 1974. This HBCU was founded in 1904 by Mary McLeod Bethune. Many pigment challenged students attended long before myself and continue today but in a much larger demographic. Outside of the current basketball teams, all other sports teams both male and female contain white athletes. Mixing is not new here ( haters hate if you want ). The B-CU baseball team plays their home games in Jackie Robinson Stadium. In 1946 when Deland, Sanford and Jacksonville locked up their ball parks to an integrated Brooklyn Dodgers minor league team they headed home to Daytona Beach and played a mixed race professional ball game for the first time in U.S. history. Ignorance of the past seems to be a growing phenomenon. The consequences of such are not a good thing.      

• Like 6

On 5/2/2017 at 6:13 AM, noonereal said:

she would be right

This story is pretty common. What we lean as kids is hard for us to dismiss (like religion, be it nut case born again, Muslum, Jewish....)

I knew a German american women in the early 70's. Guess what? Same thing when it came to Hitler and Nazism. Had to keep it to herself most the time but never stopped believing. 

Most Germans are ashamed that thats apart of their countries History. 

In HS there was a German exchange student. And unfortunately many of the insensitive  idiots I went to school with couldnt hold back the urge to Bring up Hitler. Even had one kid poke fun at him and call him a "Hitler lover". 

I actually got a chance to talk to him he was telling me that he couldnt stand the hitler jokes and all the BS that some the kids at my school where giving him. 

He told me back in Germany even mentioning Nazi's and Hitler would get you some suspicious looks from citizens and Law enforcement alike. 

And in some places possibly even arrested. 

They really hate even mentioning it. Like I said it was an embarassment for them. Something that they regret deeply for ever even allowing to happen. 

Its like Slavery and Racism over here.... 

It happened. Nobody likes to talk about it.... its an embarrassing part of U.S.A History. 

If you wanna see or hear some real BS live in South GA for awhile. Its not as bad as it used to be but a good amount of the Past ignorance still exist. Because its passed down generation to generation.  

Ignorance and stupidity will never die. 

Ive also heard some really appauling stuff come from Blacks as well. Especially when I was in HS. "Whe should make them pay for what they did to our ancestors".... "Its our turn now". Thats  a scary train of thought. That should never happen. I firmly believe that trying to get even for something that my generation.never had to go through isnt right. 

They went through all that so whe wouldnt have to. Its not right to try and get revenge its that type of thinking that keeps this nation divided.... 

Of course Ive voiced this to some of those people before when asked"Do you agree. It'd be an insult to your heritage not to". I swear Im not lying HS is a Breeding ground for Stupidity. 

I firmly answered with the statement above. Of course I was called"Coon",Uncle Tom" and Race traitor. 

Hell I even had one lady belittle me for dating a white girl. Frankly Idc about the color of who I date. 

And to be honest despite my skin tone. Im not even Fully Black. I do have Fillipino in me. My mom is mixed. 

@HawgGoneIt is the only person Ive ever actually met in person. And that was at A football game. 

He can tell ya South GA is making progress. But at the same time. Its also stepping back. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

"Whe should make them pay for what they did to our ancestors"

Good post but as it's 150 years later and many blacks still suffer as a result of continued discrimination, maybe reparations are fair and proper. 

I know many "real Americans" who were given large swaths of land by the government. Enough so that even today they subdivided it and everyone in the family gets a great start in life as a result. 

African Americas had to migrate out of the south due to the northern cities with nothing because even after being declared emancipated they were no given opportunity. 

Yes, the inner city issues of today are a direct result of the southern states refusing true equality and more importantly, opportunity. 

How about this and I am serious. Have all the former confederate states foot the bill to give every black in the inner city a piece of land? 

Seems more than fair. Sorry, I disagree. Water under the bridge does not cut it when so many are still drowning in the river. 

56 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Good post but as it's 150 years later and many blacks still suffer as a result of continued discrimination, maybe reparations are fair and proper. 

I know many "real Americans" who were given large swaths of land by the government. Enough so that even today they subdivided it and everyone in the family gets a great start in life as a result. 

African Americas had to migrate out of the south due to the northern cities with nothing because even after being declared emancipated they were no given opportunity. 

Yes, the inner city issues of today are a direct result of the southern states refusing true equality and more importantly, opportunity. 

How about this and I am serious. Have all the former confederate states foot the bill to give every black in the inner city a piece of land? 

Seems more than fair. Sorry, I disagree. Water under the bridge does not cut it when so many are still drowning in the river. 

Reparations to my generation. No Sorry but I cant get with that. The generation that needs reparations is gone. to those who where alive during segregation,Civil Rights movement and all that Sure. 

But my generation. No we can clean up the inner city messes. But in order to clean up the mess we have to first clean up ourselves. 

Its shameful to say but alot of us have fallen into the culture trap of"Gotta get Pussy","Gotta sell Drugs","Gotta Join a gang" I refuse to blame it all on Music and TV. But some of it is and some of it is from actual family encouragement. 

Knew someone from NY moved to Valdosta with a cousin. Found out His Grandma was encouraging him to be  a drug runner for a gang. Just to get extra money in the house because they where struggling.  

Systematic Racism still exist yes. And some of it is the reason that Minorities struggle. 

People will find a way to let hate in no matter what.  

49 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This is funny, and sad. It's actually just plain dumb. If this is to be fair and proper, as you stated above, you're going for reparations for slave descendants, you have to figure out who these people are. Good luck. And, you have to figure out who the slave owners' descendants were. Only about 2% of white people owned slaves....the rich plantation owners were the ones who held the majority of slaves. Most people believe that pretty much all of the white people, owned slaves. BS.  

And, why only the Confederate states. Another misconception....only southern states held slaves.

2 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

This is funny, and sad. It's actually just plain dumb. If this is to be fair and proper, as you stated above, you're going for reparations for slave descendants, you have to figure out who these people are. Good luck. And, you have to figure out who the slave owners' descendants were. Only about 2% of white people owned slaves....the rich plantation owners were the ones who held the majority of slaves. Most people believe that pretty much all of the white people, owned slaves. BS.  

And, why only the Confederate states. Another misconception....only southern states held slaves.

thanks for the comments but I am fine with all confederate states paying amends. 

The post emancipation abuses were too broad and damaging to exclude any individuals, this is not just about slave owners. It's about systemic abuse for generations. 

hope this helps!

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Redneck Southerners must have sneaked up to Fenway so they could yell racial slurs at Adam Jones.

Yep, we're going to draw a "reparations line" on the map, and everybody on the south side pull out your wallets. After all, only southerners are bigots. LOL. But, you only have to be 1/8th white to qualify for payment.

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Most Germans are ashamed that thats apart of their countries History. 

In HS there was a German exchange student. And unfortunately many of the insensitive  idiots I went to school with couldnt hold back the urge to Bring up Hitler. Even had one kid poke fun at him and call him a "Hitler lover". 

I actually got a chance to talk to him he was telling me that he couldnt stand the hitler jokes and all the BS that some the kids at my school where giving him. 

He told me back in Germany even mentioning Nazi's and Hitler would get you some suspicious looks from citizens and Law enforcement alike. 

And in some places possibly even arrested. 

They really hate even mentioning it. Like I said it was an embarassment for them. Something that they regret deeply for ever even allowing to happen. 

Its like Slavery and Racism over here.... 

It happened. Nobody likes to talk about it.... its an embarrassing part of U.S.A History. 

I sold for a German company and to German parks for decades.  I've also been to Dachau twice. My sister is Jewish (converted, took lessons) and my stepson's exwife and my grandchildren are Jewish. (Having said this I cannot tell you what it is like to stand inside of a gas chamber and look at the drain in the middle of the floor while the ceiling is only 7 feet high.  Directly outside is the forest where they shoveled the ashes.  It is an extraordinary and depressing experience to walk around the sprawling Dachau camp, some of which is exactly as it was 70 years ago.  There is a museum like quality to some of the buildings with extensive detail (in English) for how Hitler was able to rise to power and how he was able to promise/coerce/control a portion of the German public into believing him.  This is not the place for me to go into more detail but I feel it is important that I add this:  I became close to a number of Germans who were older, several born immediately after WW II.  They deeply regretted, were ashamed and profusely apologetic for what happened.

Having said this, I love Germany.  Munich is one of my favorite cities anywhere.  I also love the German people.  Their country is one of the most beautiful on earth.  I believe it is in part because of the history of the Nazis that they opened their doors to migrants and took in so many.  WW II and the Nazis were more than 70 years ago.  There's only a small percentage of Germans who are still alive from when it happened.  Many of them lived in fear for their own lives the whole time.

I must also add that parts of Germany and their culture are very "American."  Tens of thousands of American troops have been stationed there since the end of WW II and a lot of their interests and values have more in common with the U. S. than does, say, England.  Most Germans also speak at least some English since many took it in elementary school as a second language.  My 30 year experience with heavy travel throughout the entire country (including the former East Germany) is they really like Americans, too.  

Again, I love the country and I love the people.  

3 hours ago, LeftOnBase said:

Yep, we're going to draw a "reparations line" on the map, and everybody on the south side pull out your wallets. After all, only southerners are bigots. LOL. But, you only have to be 1/8th white to qualify for payment.

Reparations today would be impossible. Like I said wrong generation. 

Theres a game from Japan I started playing during my free time. 

The game deals with Human mature and Desires. 

In the game one of the archangels. Micheal appears and says 

" Humans have allowed hatred and evil to grow too strong. Hatred is born from Ignorance,Stupidity and Fear. And fear is born from Cowardice and The lack of understanding. I've seen humans kill from envy,and anger. I've even seen humans hate other humans and degrade one another because of skin color. Evil has been around since the days of my creation. And unfortunately it shall exist until the day the horns blow". 

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Slavery has been going on for thousands of years....  the Egyptians, the Jews, Chinese, Irish .... is there a statue of limitations on this cause if one person gets retribution don't they all

Every color/race at some point was enslaved....

Hell Whites enslaved whites. Based on social and economic status. 

Blacks have enslaved Blacks. 

I believe the Jews might be the only ethnicity to not have enslaved themselves and im not 100% on that...