CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

But but but- Ohio State SMOKED everyone and had all these QUALITY wins! And Clemson beat "nobody."

Yet the wise guys seems to think Ohio State will not win. :) 

U can go down that road. But the wise guys are not always right

I'll tell u this....if ohio state was the lose the guy who will lose the game for them will be justin fields 

Just now, frankyjames said:

I don't know if that is saying much. QBs at OSU are "1 read Qbs" at best and generally dink and dunk their way to wide open WRs. 

Not impressive.

Haskins is significantly bigger than fields. I don't remember haskins fumbling like fields. Like I said at the college level. But yes most of the time Ohio state WRs are wide open

11 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Grant Delpit was terrible in several games this year. Couldn’t have played worse against Alabama or Texas. He’s great at playing support vs the run. He can even play some zone but man coverage he’s awful and a major liability at the next level

He won the Thorpe award off name recognition and a strong 2018. Definitely not a top safety in 2019

I think Delpit will be a solid NFL player, and worthy 1st round pick, but I don’t think he deserved the thorpe award.    Most of these awards are BS popularity rankings though anyways. 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Most cover in man better than Grant Delpit 

Ehhh.   I think you’re being a bit harsh on the guy.   He probably should have been more considered for the award last year though.   5 sacks, 5ints, 9 tck for loss, 9 PDs, 1 FF in 2018.  Now that’s an award worthy stat line.   

20 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Haskins is significantly bigger than fields. I don't remember haskins fumbling like fields. Like I said at the college level. But yes most of the time Ohio state WRs are wide open

Fields holds onto the ball and will take a sack rather than making a poor throw and risking a pick.  He could probably throw it away more, but his 40 TD  Pass to 1 INT ratio speaks for itself.

Ohio State WRs being wide open speaks to having one of the best WR corps in the the FBS and a running game that keeps the defense honest.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Fields holds onto the ball and will take a sack rather than making a poor throw and risking a pick.  He could probably throw it away more, but his 40 TD  Pass to 1 INT ratio speaks for itself.

Ohio State WRs being wide open speaks to having one of the best WR corps in the the FBS and a running game that keeps the defense honest.

Good points but he did fumble the ball multiple times against penn state. He did recover most of them but he did put the ball on the field

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Good points but he did fumble the ball multiple times against penn state. He did recover most of them but he did put the ball on the field

One game.  His hand was hit by a PSU defender's helmet very early in the game and it was obviously hurt.  Also, that's one game. How about the 12 others?  Don't you think focusing on one game and ignoring a dozen others is a little stupid?

Just now, concha said:

One game.  His hand was hit by a PSU defender's helmet very early in the game and it was obviously hurt.  Also, that's one game. How about the 12 others?  Don't you think focusing on one game and ignoring a dozen others is a little stupid?

Do you think ignoring the fact that he couldn't even start over Fromm at GA is a little stupid? 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

No because not every game is equal

Heres another concern 9.5 YPA passing. 

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No because not every game is equal

Heres another concern 9.5 YPA passing. 

Ohio state averages over 7 yards per play.

They are the #1 scoring offense in the country.

Their QB will probably be #2 or #3 in the Heisman voting and per ESPN's prediction their RB will be #6.

Their o-line is statistically one of the very best in the nation and is one of 5 finalists for the Joe Moore Award for top o-line in the nation.

So just who exactly should be concerned?

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Ohio state averages over 7 yards per play.

They are the #1 scoring offense in the country.

Their QB will probably be #2 or #3 in the Heisman voting and per ESPN's prediction their RB will be #6.

Their o-line is statistically one of the very best in the nation and is one of 5 finalists for the Joe Moore Award for top o-line in the nation.

So just who exactly should be concerned?

He was sacked 27 times this year. 7 yards a play isnt exactly a lot esp on passing plays. He has 9 ypa passing. That's not impressive 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

He was sacked 27 times this year. 7 yards a play isnt exactly a lot esp on passing plays. He has 9 ypa passing. That's not impressive 

Whatever. Joe Burrow has been sacked 28 times. He has 11 INTs and 5 fumbles lost. 16 turnovers to Fields' 6.

Fields suffers 2 sacks average per game. Between interceptions and fumbles lost, he average about 0.5 turnovers per game.  I'm betting the number of starting QBs with better stats than that are pretty damned few.

And again, Fields is impressive enough to be traveling to New York. LMAO.

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Whatever. Joe Burrow has been sacked 28 times. He has 11 INTs and 5 fumbles lost. 16 turnovers to Fields' 6.

Fields suffers 2 sacks average per game. Between interceptions and fumbles lost, he average about 0.5 turnovers per game.  I'm betting the number of starting QBs with better stats than that are pretty damned few.

And again, Fields is impressive enough to be traveling to New York. LMAO.

Yea this year. Not every class is equal. and I never broke down joe burrow weaknesses yet.

If I had a vote for heiman it would be for young. Best player in college football 

Joe avg over 10 yards per passing attempt. Better than fields