CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

"LSU quarterback Joe Burrow has been named The Associated Press college football player of the year. He becomes the first player from LSU to win the award. Burrow won the award in a landslide, receiving 50 of 53 first-place votes from AP Top 25 poll voters and a total of 156 points"

Joe burrow  is from the North East Coast, LSU coach knows where the best players are

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

I always felt over the years LSU with a good QB would be the team.  They always have freaks left and right & I always felt poor QB play held them back.  Oddly enough, their dline doesnt look near as good to me this year as it has in the past  (looks slow comparatively) but of course they now run a 3-4 so the line is heavier (I just remember always seeing d-ends with the sickest get offs on prior LSU defenses) .

Louisiana is an absolutely loaded state.  Unbelievable the amount of NFL talent out of there for it's population - everywhere else is a far second to LA, GA and FL bottom line 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I always felt over the years LSU with a good QB would be the team.  They always have freaks left and right & I always felt poor QB play held them back.  Oddly enough, their dline doesnt look near as good to me this year as it has in the past  (looks slow comparatively) but of course they now run a 3-4 so the line is heavier (I just remember always seeing d-ends with the sickest get offs on prior LSU defenses) .

Louisiana is an absolutely loaded state.  Unbelievable the amount of NFL talent out of there for it's population - everywhere else is a far second to LA, GA and FL bottom line 

I'm just enjoying the ride. It all came together this year offensively.

A few years back we won a couple National Championships with defense and a little offense. 

It could all crash in a couple weeks. 

43 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm just enjoying the ride. It all came together this year offensively.

A few years back we won a couple National Championships with defense and a little offense. 

It could all crash in a couple weeks. 

I doubt it.....I think they take it .....and I loaded up on them in DraftKings lol.  I think their defense looked a lot better the last few games and their offense doesn't even need to be commented on.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I doubt it.....I think they take it .....and I loaded up on them in DraftKings lol.  I think their defense looked a lot better the last few games and their offense doesn't even need to be commented on.  

Maybe holding A&M to 7 was noteworthy?

The Georgia game wasn't defensively noteworthy at all.  It was against a meh offense with a meh QB that was minus its star RB, #1 receiver and only had its #2 receiver for one half. How challenging is that?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Maybe holding A&M to 7 was noteworthy?

The Georgia game wasn't defensively noteworthy at all.  It was against a meh offense with a meh QB that was minus its star RB, #1 receiver and only had its #2 receiver for one half. How challenging is that?

Also UGA lost it's #3 (Blaylock) WR early in the game. Add to that, we lost Kearis Jackson, too. I'm not sure we even had enough WRs to show any 4 and 5 wide formations. Lol

We basically had Simmons and Landers to throw to and neither can catch a damn cold even if they try.

Grant Delpit was terrible in several games this year. Couldn’t have played worse against Alabama or Texas. He’s great at playing support vs the run. He can even play some zone but man coverage he’s awful and a major liability at the next level

He won the Thorpe award off name recognition and a strong 2018. Definitely not a top safety in 2019

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Grant Delpit was terrible in several games this year. Couldn’t have played worse against Alabama or Texas. He’s great at playing support vs the run. He can even play some zone but man coverage he’s awful and a major liability at the next level

He won the Thorpe award off name recognition and a strong 2018. Definitely not a top safety in 2019

Noticed alot of the winners of these awards not named the heisman really never are guaranteed to do decent or even get drafted high in the nfl

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Most sec safeties are in the box run stoppers 

17 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Cincinnati is a top 25 team in the country. U said they play nobody they weren't forced to play. Dont go moving the goal posts when u were proven wrong 

Penn state is a legit team

Penn state finished ranked 10th in the country. 

So that's 2 Top 10 wins. So ur point is wrong again

They had 4 top 25 wins 

So Ohio State is going to win it because Cincinnati is a lower tier top 25 team and Penn State is "legit??

Wow. Just wow.