CFB Playoff discussion

ATLien12x

LSU at Alabama   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Agreed lol theyre still good tho 

Ohio St woke up and dominated 2nd half, out scoring them 27-0. They showed me something in that half. Their intensity and focus will be on a different level when they play better teams. Not saying I know how it will play out against Clemson or LSU, but Ohio St is terrific team.

45 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I completely agree. They’re very good this year, the third best team in the nation. That said, their season ends on December 28th. And it probably won’t be that close 

The problem is, no one really knows how good Clemson is either , if you go off of their schedule. I would say the Wisconsin team that showed up against Ohio St. in conference final was significantly better than Virginia . Wisconsin played there absolute best . I dislike Ohio St and the Big 10 with a vengeance,  seeing that they are way overrated year after year. But when you see the talent , I have to acknowledge it. What Michigan did to ND was also notable. I would say UofM , Ohio, Penn St., Wisconsin, easily beats what was in the ACC this season .  I wouldn't personally know who to take with Clemson and OHIO. If you take Clemson , I wouldn't argue against that either

13 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The problem is, no one really knows how good Clemson is either , if you go off of their schedule. I would say the Wisconsin team that showed up against Ohio St. in conference final was significantly better than Virginia . Wisconsin played there absolute best . I dislike Ohio St and the Big 10 with a vengeance,  seeing that they are way overrated year after year. But when you see the talent , I have to acknowledge it. What Michigan did to ND was also notable. I would say UofM , Ohio, Penn St., Wisconsin, easily beats what was in the ACC this season .  I wouldn't personally know who to take with Clemson and OHIO. If you take Clemson , I wouldn't argue against that either

Ohio State is a MUCH better team all around than the team that got curb-stomped in 2016.  The o-line is one of the best in the country, not the Swiss cheese unit of 3 years ago. The d-line is arguably the best in the country.  Heisman candidate at QB, one of the best RBs in the nation, a secondary led by a guy projected to go top 5 in the draft, loaded receiver corps...

The talent gap should be negligible to nonexistent.

I'll be at the game. Should be a great one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Ohio State is a MUCH better team all around than the team that got curb-stomped in 2016.  The o-line is one of the best in the country, not the Swiss cheese unit of 3 years ago. The d-line is arguably the best in the country.  Heisman candidate at QB, one of the best RBs in the nation, a secondary led by a guy projected to go top 5 in the draft, loaded receiver corps...

The talent gap should be negligible to nonexistent.

I'll be at the game. Should be a great one.

I have to agree that the talent is there. Is wyatt Davis seriously hurt for OSU ?

CBS Sports All-Americans 2019:

RB J.K. Dobbins Ohio State Junior  1st Team
OL Wyatt Davis Ohio State Sophomore 1st Team
DL Chase Young* Ohio State Junior 1st Team
CB Jeff Okudah* Ohio State Junior 1st Team
QB Justin Fields Ohio State Sophomore 2nd Team
S Jordan Fuller Ohio State Senior 2nd Team

QB Joe Burrow* LSU Redshirt senior 1st Team
WR Ja'Marr Chase* LSU Junior 1st Team
CB Derek Stingley LSU Freshman 1st Team
S Grant Delpit LSU Junior 1st Team

LB Isaiah Simmons Clemson  Redshirt junior 1st Team
OL John Simpson Clemson Senior 2nd Team

WR CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma Junior 1st Team
K Gabe Brkic Oklahoma Redshirt freshman 1st Team
C Creed Humphrey Oklahoma Redshirt sophomore 2nd Team

Just now, frankyjames said:

Michigan, Wisconsin, & Penn State!? STOP IT!! LOL!

That they were FORCED to play those teams. They didn't schedule ONE team of relevance willingly. 

Schedule and beat up #21 Cincinnati 

And for it's worth beat MAC champs Miami Oh 

Beat Cusa champs FAU

I say personally very good schedule. Great year for Ohio state

And I am no way a fan of Ohio state but I will certainly give them props for this year

I think I proved ur point wrong

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Schedule and beat up #21 Cincinnati 

And for it's worth beat MAC champs Miami Oh 

Beat Cusa champs FAU

I say personally very good schedule. Great year for Ohio state

And I am no way a fan of Ohio state but I will certainly give them props for this year

I think I proved ur point wrong

That is a huge cop out. 

Zero top ten wins.

Cincinnati, Miami of Ohio, and FAU is a joke. 

They struggled with the only legit team they played in Wisconsin. 

3 minutes ago, frankyjames said:

That is a huge cop out. 

Zero top ten wins.

Cincinnati, Miami of Ohio, and FAU is a joke. 

They struggled with the only legit team they played in Wisconsin. 

Cincinnati is a top 25 team in the country. U said they play nobody they weren't forced to play. Dont go moving the goal posts when u were proven wrong 

Penn state is a legit team

Penn state finished ranked 10th in the country. 

So that's 2 Top 10 wins. So ur point is wrong again

They had 4 top 25 wins 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Cincinnati is a top 25 team in the country. U said they play nobody they weren't forced to play. Dont go moving the goal posts when u were proven wrong 

Penn state is a legit team

Penn state finished ranked 10th in the country. 

So that's 2 Top 10 wins. So ur point is wrong again

They had 4 top 25 wins 

Actually they had 3 Top 10 wins and 5 Top 25s and beat everyone by double-digits.

You've made the mistake of engaging BannedBoy the troll.

He doesn't care that Alabama has zero Top 25 wins and lost to the only two teams with a pulse that they played.

He doesn't care that Clemson barely had a Top 25 win at all.

He doesn't care that LSU had three wins by a score or less.

He is on this site to shit on it and provoke people. That's it. That's why he gets banned. He's a tool. 👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, concha said:

Actually they had 3 Top 10 wins and 5 Top 25s and beat everyone by double-digits.

You've made the mistake of engaging BannedBoy the troll.

He doesn't care that Alabama has zero Top 25 wins and lost to the only two teams with a pulse that they played.

He doesn't care that Clemson barely had a Top 25 win at all.

He doesn't care that LSU had three wins by a score or less.

He is on this site to shit on it and provoke people. That's it. That's why he gets banned. He's a tool. 👍

Well if knew that i wouldnt have had to prove him wrong multiple times