A Salute To Our Veterans

Blueliner

Let us take a moment out of our day to remember those who fought bravely since the inception of our great country, through multiple world wars, overseas conflicts, and the ones that just keep us safe and sovereign on a daily basis today. Think about the hundreds of thousands that didn’t make it home alive and many more that came home changed forever to make and keep this country great.

I know we’ve got a few vets here: DD, Russ, thc, HF, and there’s probably a few more that I’m missing. No disrespect intended. You guys have a blessed day on the behalf of your country and for your service. 

Haaaaand——salute

• Thanks 4
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Let us take a moment out of our day to remember those who fought bravely since the inception of our great country, through multiple world wars, overseas conflicts, and the ones that just keep us safe and sovereign on a daily basis today. Think about the hundreds of thousands that didn’t make it home alive and many more that came home changed forever to make and keep this country great.

I know we’ve got a few vets here: DD, Russ, thc, HF, and there’s probably a few more that I’m missing. No disrespect intended. You guys have a blessed day on the behalf of your country and for your service. 

Haaaaand——salute

22A260AF-A85B-4DEA-A35B-F7A591C48605.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Haaaaand——salute

Thank you.  ;)  No disrespect taken.  

• Like 1

I haven't spent money in a movie theatre in quite some time. I'm not into lining the pockets and supporting the Hollywood crime family anymore. But today I made an exception. Being Veteran's Day, I went and saw the remake of Midway.  For those of you that aren't familiar, the Battle of Midway, fought June 4 1942, marked the turning point of the war in the pacific against the Empire of Japan. This historic battle occurred 6 months after the attack on Pearl Harbor, and was the first time that two major battle groups fought each other, inflicted heavy casualties on one another, without actually seeing one another. In the end, brave, out-gunned, out-manned, less-experienced American naval forces, through a major intelligence campaign and a little luck, struck a crippling blow to Japan from which they would never recover.

The movie itself was very well-done and accurate from a historical perspective. It was entertaining, and in the mold of Pearl Harbor and Titanic but without the love stories. The main character's view was from a love-for-family perspective. The special effects and cinematography were obviously top notch. A great movie to go see on Veterans Day to remind us of how the military has done its part in making the USA such a great nation. I left feeling very proud to be an American.

This movie gets 4.5 hand salutes.😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I haven't spent money in a movie theatre in quite some time. I'm not into lining the pockets and supporting the Hollywood crime family anymore. But today I made an exception. Being Veteran's Day, I went and saw the remake of Midway.  For those of you that aren't familiar, the Battle of Midway, fought June 4 1942, marked the turning point of the war in the pacific against the Empire of Japan. This historic battle occurred 6 months after the attack on Pearl Harbor, and was the first time that two major battle groups fought each other, inflicted heavy casualties on one another, without actually seeing one another. In the end, brave, out-gunned, out-manned, less-experienced American naval forces, through a major intelligence campaign and a little luck, struck a crippling blow to Japan from which they would never recover.

The movie itself was very well-done and accurate from a historical perspective. It was entertaining, and in the mold of Pearl Harbor and Titanic but without the love stories. The main character's view was from a love-for-family perspective. The special effects and cinematography were obviously top notch. A great movie to go see on Veterans Day to remind us of how the military has done its part in making the USA such a great nation. I left feeling very proud to be an American.

I just got back from this movie. Abaolutely amazing movie. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I saw it too. Amazing movie...and a great reminder of how much we owe to our greatest generation. We will forever be in their debt.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

U should sue hollywood 

Fact-checking was definitely lacking. My grandfather was five foot seven and its character was six foot three. The character that played rosen in the movie should have been my grandfather. He was the one that would run down to the river to get water for the sick and injured while German snipers just lined up to take him out...thus the Nick name Zip for his speed and zig zag capabilities!

• Like 1