Gun violence prevention often starts with HS football

HSFBfan

If you ask Raekwon Robinson, a running back at Malcolm X Shabazz High School and Jaheem Burks’ best friend, what happened was ultimately their fault. It was Jaheem who wanted to go to Jersey City on that freezing January night in 2018 so their group of friends could go to a basketball game and then a party. Afterward, it was Raekwon who had insisted he was so hungry that they had to go to the store, even though it was after midnight.

@GardenStateBaller

@SJR 04

@SJR89

@Mickeybern

@paladin4ever

Sbnation writing about couple athletes at Shabazz in jersey city

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/11/13/20955539/gun-violence-statistics-prevention-facts-high-school-football-america

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

If you ask Raekwon Robinson, a running back at Malcolm X Shabazz High School and Jaheem Burks’ best friend, what happened was ultimately their fault. It was Jaheem who wanted to go to Jersey City on that freezing January night in 2018 so their group of friends could go to a basketball game and then a party. Afterward, it was Raekwon who had insisted he was so hungry that they had to go to the store, even though it was after midnight.

@GardenStateBaller

@SJR 04

@SJR89

@Mickeybern

@paladin4ever

Sbnation writing about couple athletes at Shabazz in jersey city

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/11/13/20955539/gun-violence-statistics-prevention-facts-high-school-football-america

Crazy times we live in.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Maybe they should talk to a few people in Pleasantville and Camden....

You guys probably never experienced the pleasantries of Pleasantville...

Last nights game was suspended after the 3rd quarter shootings.....

not sure how it will effect playoff schedule etc.  

Was just reported on the fan local radio. No arrests made

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Maybe they should talk to a few people in Pleasantville and Camden....

You guys probably never experienced the pleasantries of Pleasantville...

Last nights game was suspended after the 3rd quarter shootings.....

not sure how it will effect playoff schedule etc.  

Trump's America. 

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Trump's America. 

Enjoy!

Do you actually think you know what Pleasantville was like under the last admin??? 🤔 

You do realize of course how Pleasantville, being Atlantic City's slum outskirt, is tied to all those AC policies.... as well....

That's some connection between your "orange man bad" and Atlantic County's governance tho  🙄

..like twins almost...

• Like 1

Gun violence in the U.S. looked more or less level on charts from 1999 to 2014.  It spiked sharply in 2014 to 2016, and seems to have leveled off.  See Pew Research.  Our population also grows every year, and the charts don't reflect that fact too well.

That stadium didn't look like Trump's America.

Other high murder high points were '72-'73 (kids throwing off the social shackles of the '50s and expressing their individualism--very understandable), and '94-'95.

Tough to come up with an agenda-fitting narrative with the above.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Gun violence in the U.S. looked more or less level on charts from 1999 to 2014.  It spiked sharply in 2014 to 2016, and seems to have leveled off.  See Pew Research.  Our population also grows every year, and the charts don't reflect that fact too well.

Other high murder high points were '72-'73 (kids throwing off the social shackles of the '50s and expressing their individualism--very understandable), and '94-'95.

Gun violence in this country is so overblown. According to everytown who is trying to take our guns says gun deaths by year is 36000 people. We have 330 million in population. That percentage is very  very small

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Gun violence in this country is so overblown. According to everytown who is trying to take our guns says gun deaths by year is 36000 people. We have 330 million in population. That percentage is very  very small

Sorry not to see you last night.

This is a hot issue w/ good arguments running both ways.  Let's leave it at--we all respectfully disagree--and if we want to go deeper (and I don't), we'll see each other on the other side.  I feel bad for those communities and the victims and their families.

And hearing about the other Kyle from BC who just passed away put a lot of this in perspective.  Made me ashamed at how much fun I was having at the game--out of proportion to what really matters.  Father Jim gave a wonderful Opening Prayer for him, his family, and the BC community.

Just now, StJoesFanboy said:

Sorry not to see you last night.

This is a hot issue w/ good arguments running both ways.  Let's leave it at--we all respectfully disagree--and if we want to go deeper (and I don't), we'll see each other on the other side.  I feel bad for those communities and the victims and their families.

And hearing about the other Kyle from BC who just passed away put a lot of this in perspective.  Made me ashamed at how much fun I was having at the game--out of proportion to what really matters.  Father Jim gave a wonderful Opening Prayer for him, his family, and the BC community.

I havent been to a game since the first bergen bosco game and bosco has been rolling but thank you for the sentiment. Yeah I read about that kid on here. God bless his family during this time. No reason to be ashamed your allowed to have fun and keep the memory of someone alive. Father jim usually does a great job at the opening prayer. Good luck today against PC. The regular season match was a good one

Just now, noonereal said:

was it

you don't find it ironic that YOU call my comment, stupid? 

;)

anyway, enjoy your day...

Because your comments are stupid. You take an issue that has nothing to do with trump and make it about trump. Is trump living in ur head rent free 

You know trump America

Low unemployment 

Record stock market

Highest median income ever 

But if your missing all that time I'm sorry. I've had great day since nov 2016

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So now u mock religion?? 

mock
/mäk/
verb

1. tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.

----------------------------------------------------------

I suppose I do. Not in a malicious manner but rather in an object frustrated way.
    Church and it's ceremonies have their place. They build community (mini globalism, if you will) provide sanctuary, preserve art and history. They too offer great architecture and music. Lot's of positive. 

39 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

My comment was meant to highlight the juxtaposition of gun violence in America and Trump's position which essential closes it's eyes to it. 

I am not as superficial nor misguided as to suggest that the average Pleasantville fan is a Trump supporter. Not a red hat in that crowd would be the observation for the non visually impaired. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, noonereal said:

My comment was meant to highlight the juxtaposition of gun violence in America and Trump's position which essential closes it's eyes to it. 

I am not as superficial nor misguided as to suggest that the average Pleasantville fan is a Trump supporter. Not a red hat in that crowd would be the observation for the non visually impaired. 

I know my man.  Just cleaning it up for the masses.

I don't own a gun, and won't.  My wife will get one soon, I suspect.  My father as a detective, and my brother as a captain just saw them as tools of the trade, and never let me handle them, except once for each to relieve any curiosity.

But our Constitution does allow for them, and I respect that piece of paper quite a bit.

• Like 1