What if there isn't a "national champion" this year?

badrouter

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

They certainly could hang with a lot of those teams on their good years.

But I can remember what he actually said.

👇

41 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Brentwood Academy, Maryville, And Oakland have historically (we’ll say last 20 years) had teams that could consistently play (not necessarily win) with the big boys. And that’s my opinion.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, The Guru said:

But I can remember what he actually said.

👇

I know exactly what I said, I wrote it, and I stick by my claims. It’s called my opinion, not fact. Now if you go back and read the WHOLE thread your little pea brain might understand what point I was trying to make. Do you care to add to this thread or pick apart other peoples post without actually adding anything relevant.

11 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Are they going to hang with the MDs, SJBs, SFAs, or even STAs of the world? No, they won’t.

But, again, I can remember what he actually said.

👇

3 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I’ve personally have seen teams from Washington, Oregon, TN and Utah that can play with and even beat (if they don’t take them seriously) the top teams from power states.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I know what point you were trying to make. I can read plain English. There was no ambiguity.

Well do you have anything to add or have an opinion on my point? And since your an expert on TN football what do you have to say about my question on relevant teams over the past 20 years? I don’t need years just school names.

1 minute ago, Norcalnut said:

And since your an expert on TN football what do you have to say about my question on relevant teams over the past 20 years? I don’t need years just school names.

You listed three teams: Brentwood Academy, Maryville and Oakland.

You said they could all consistently play with the best teams in power states. So it goes without saying that you don't need years. You think they could consistently do it.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Well do you have anything to add or have an opinion on my point? And since your an expert on TN football what do you have to say about my question on relevant teams over the past 20 years? I don’t need years just school names.

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You listed three teams: Brentwood Academy, Maryville and Oakland.

You said they could all consistently play with the best teams in power states. So it goes without saying that you don't need years. You think they could consistently do it.

🤡

I asked a very simple question and you couldn’t even get that right, that’s par for the course. I’ve been following you on this board and previous ones and your m.o. is to talk shit about other people’s post but never add anything of substance, that’s the definition of a troll. But if that’s what u need to get through the day, oh well. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Asking questions that have nothing to do with what you said is the dictionary definition of deflecting. You don't want to be within 100 miles of the previous claim that you made. That much is clear.

I would make a chair out of my claim, set it on your head and sit there for eternity. Is that clear enough for you? Now that we settled that, answer my question. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I would make a chair out of my claim, set it on your head and sit there for eternity. Is that clear enough for you? Now that we settled that, answer my question. 

You got the slightest push back on your stupid claim and you immediately crumbled and started trying to divert attention.

Embarrassing.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You got the slightest push back on your stupid claim and you immediately crumbled and started trying to divert attention.

Embarrassing.

What’s embarrassing is your existence on this board, you really need some help. I stand by my claim with or without you interjection. You should go hang out with your bro Block, I’m sure there’s enough space and pudding for the both of you at Troll Central. 

All of these differing opinions only help to prove my point. You can't have THE champion when you have people arguing for several different teams, none of whom have emerged unscathed, head to head, against anyone else in the discussion.

The idea of a national H.S. playoff is ridiculous. Maybe in a couple of decades, if this trend of consolidating talent into a handful of programs continues, and we end up with most high schools not even fielding teams, we could see something like that. Not in the current H.S. football world.

10 hours ago, badrouter said:

All of these differing opinions only help to prove my point. You can't have THE champion when you have people arguing for several different teams, none of whom have emerged unscathed, head to head, against anyone else in the discussion.

The idea of a national H.S. playoff is ridiculous. Maybe in a couple of decades, if this trend of consolidating talent into a handful of programs continues, and we end up with most high schools not even fielding teams, we could see something like that. Not in the current H.S. football world.

The thing is, most people don't follow close enough to argue the polls one way or the other.

Average fans check the poll(s) occasionally, and go, "oh, that team must be really good." They then move along with their day to day life, oblivious that there is a big debate about which team is the best and deserves the nod more than another. 

Most people are looking at one or two of the polls, either the USAT or Max Preps computer and Super 25 polls.