Ohio Playoffs -Finals

hardhit1

3 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

You hit the nail on the head.  A good Kentucky team.   One of three Kentucky teams worth following (Male, Trinity and CovCath).

Did beat LaSalle by 3 TD's, at home, after a bye week.  They play Frederick Douglas Saturday and will win by at least 35 points. By the way, Frederick Douglas (14-0), has not played a team in the top 1900 in the country (calpreps).  That is KY. Playoff football.  IMO, Trinity and Male is the only "real:"game in the KY playoffs worth seeing.

For the record....Ky has 221 teams in 6 classes.  That's  83% of the teams make the playoffs (including 0-10, 1-9 etc) teams).  Only the finals are at a neutral site, so some of these team play 2 or 3 playoff games on their home field.  State final games will draw 5,000 to 6,000;  EXCEPTION:  Male vs Trinity ....  look for 15,000 plus.

One final straw:  Only games that count are your district games (usually 3 or 4).  Balance of your schedule means nothing when it comes to playoffs...  I live in NO. Ky; that is why I follow Ohio (especially Cincinnati) HS football because "every game counts in Ohio"

So much wrong in this post.  First I will bet posting privs for a month that if Cov Cath does win, it won't be by more than 2 scores.  Fredrick Douglas has 3 really serious athletes that are going to be a problem to deal with.  

I kind of agree about the second paragraph.  Kentucky should only have 4 classes like it did when I played.  As far as attendance for the finals.  2A, 4A and 5A will get at least 8,000.  2A Mayfleld and Somerset will come with hoards.  4A Boyle Co and Johnson Central will literally shut their towns down and have around 9k for the game.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Massillon might need to start scheduling tougher in the non district. They beat some team by 100 points last year. 

Outside of McKinley who they have to play, the best Ohio team they faced all year was ranked 91st in the state! 

They need to beef up the schedule next year 

2 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

They've already turned down a regular season matchup with LaSalle this year and in 2020. That's how LS ended up driving to Buffalo.

In addition to dropping Ignatius and Mentor over the past few years. They've opted instead to schedule OOS harbin cows that they can tout as being solid OOS programs when we know damn well that Massillon will boat-race them. It's worked well as far as ensuring qualification and a high seed in the post-season, but has done little to prepare them to get over the hump of a Hoban or LaSalle level team. Mentor's philosophy of scheduling the big Catholics rather than fleeing them has paid dividends. Yes, they've come up short of a state title, but it's not because they are unprepared for what they will face. Massillon got straight bullied in the run game last night and were no where near as physical as LaSalle. I thought their passing game would keep them in it (and it did for a half), but a talented LaSalle secondary made adjustments in the second half and shut them down. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

The big one set to kick off in 4 hours...The Elder Panthers vs. Pickerington Central.

Really no clue who is going to pull that one out.  Should be a good, tightly contested contest.

-93CardinalsFan

Line in Vegas has elder -1.5  .... 

Who do you Ohio guys like tonight ?