Ohio Playoffs -Finals

hardhit1

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

it’s not this game obviously but I’m sad Mentor got bounced last week. Only Ohio team I’ve seen twice this year and they looked really good both times with a great offense. 

Ohio Playoffs are very grueling and unfair sometimes. No different than Ga & Tx playoffs. 

22 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I went with Massilon.

Heres what i told Gsb when he asked.

"This one is about as 50/50 as you get. I really have no idea. I dont even know who Id pick with a gun to my head. 

Massillon has been more consistent, and will be the slightest favorite. 

I will probably pick La Salle in the pick em. No reason really besides theyre local. If you guys want to cover ground on Prepnation, I think La Salle would be a good pick because most everyone will pick the undefeated Massillon team"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Heres what i told Gsb when he asked.

"This one is about as 50/50 as you get. I really have no idea. I dont even know who Id pick with a gun to my head. 

Massillon has been more consistent, and will be the slightest favorite. 

I will probably pick La Salle in the pick em. No reason really besides theyre local. If you guys want to cover ground on Prepnation, I think La Salle would be a good pick because most everyone will pick the undefeated Massillon team"

So I’m guessing they went with Massillon 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Massillon might need to start scheduling tougher in the non district. They beat some team by 100 points last year. 

Outside of McKinley who they have to play, the best Ohio team they faced all year was ranked 91st in the state! 

They need to beef up the schedule next year 

They've already turned down a regular season matchup with LaSalle this year and in 2020. That's how LS ended up driving to Buffalo.

9 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea  Covcath has only lost one game the last 3 years(state championship last year.) Not saying this makes them great or anything, but they are certainly a respectable team. 

You hit the nail on the head.  A good Kentucky team.   One of three Kentucky teams worth following (Male, Trinity and CovCath).

Did beat LaSalle by 3 TD's, at home, after a bye week.  They play Frederick Douglas Saturday and will win by at least 35 points. By the way, Frederick Douglas (14-0), has not played a team in the top 1900 in the country (calpreps).  That is KY. Playoff football.  IMO, Trinity and Male is the only "real:"game in the KY playoffs worth seeing.

For the record....Ky has 221 teams in 6 classes.  That's  83% of the teams make the playoffs (including 0-10, 1-9 etc) teams).  Only the finals are at a neutral site, so some of these team play 2 or 3 playoff games on their home field.  State final games will draw 5,000 to 6,000;  EXCEPTION:  Male vs Trinity ....  look for 15,000 plus.

One final straw:  Only games that count are your district games (usually 3 or 4).  Balance of your schedule means nothing when it comes to playoffs...  I live in NO. Ky; that is why I follow Ohio (especially Cincinnati) HS football because "every game counts in Ohio"

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Passionate fans have been known to do that.....it's part of being a fan.

zulu1128 is another of those with NO team. He gets off on other fans melting down as expected. 

Bad internet, bad internet!  xD

Zulu does have a team.  His team has been putting out some really good next level guys.