Joe Burrow may the best qb in SEC history.

HooverOutlaw

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I figure you should always ask... Does this qb make the people around him better, or, does the people around him make him look better?

When you have all day to throw to a guy running by himself or just have to throw a slant to a guy who then runs 80 yards because he’s faster than everyone else I think that’s the surrounding players making the QB look better. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigBobT said:

When you have all day to throw to a guy running by himself or just have to throw a slant to a guy who then runs 80 yards because he’s faster than everyone else I think that’s the surrounding players making the QB look better. 

Agree. 

An average qb can look really good when not hurried, and his receivers are wide open, either due to scheme or skill. 

I think Burrow has done it every which way. Everything from scrambling to extend plays, tucking and running for 12 when they need 10, or simply being a pocket guy when that was there for him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

let him win it before we anoint him.   He’s had a hell of a season, but he is fortunate to have the right pieces around him too.    They really have the right weapons in place for that O.    One of the keys is the RB.   

The importance of Joe Brady in all of this cannot be dismissed. His schemes and play calling sets his players up for success.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Agree. 

An average qb can look really good when not hurried, and his receivers are wide open, either due to scheme or skill. 

I think Burrow has done it every which way. Everything from scrambling to extend plays, tucking and running for 12 when they need 10, or simply being a pocket guy when that was there for him.  

Burrow throws a very catchable ball sorta like Drew Brees.

Watching Burrow for 2 years now he just doesn't overthrow wide open guys by 3 or 4 yards and he doesn't throw at their feet when they are running.

It's like every time he throws it I'm thinking 6 or big play....guess I'm spoiled.

We got 4 or 5 really good WRs also which doesn't hurt.

Gonna miss Joe!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Burrow throws a very catchable ball sorta like Drew Brees.

Watching Burrow for 2 years now he just doesn't overthrow wide open guys by 3 or 4 yards and he doesn't throw at their feet when they are running.

It's like every time he throws it I'm thinking 6 or big play....guess I'm spoiled.

We got 4 or 5 really good WRs also which doesn't hurt.

Gonna miss Joe!

The LSU WRs are EXCELLENT in returning to get the ball on the back shoulders/jump balls too.    They high point everything. 

• Like 1