Joe Burrow may the best qb in SEC history.

HooverOutlaw

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Tebow couldn't win when Fl's best player went to the NFL.   He was a great college QB, but the media made it seem like he carried FL which is dumb.    Fromm could have won a Natty with that FL team in 08.  

I'm not sure. But, it's hard to say because it would have looked so differently. Tebow put that team on his back. But, it may have been that way because he wasn't proficient enough as a passer to do it any other way. I just have a hard time viewing that team outside of a Tebow-covered lens.

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm not sure. But, it's hard to say because it would have looked so differently. Tebow put that team on his back. But, it may have been that way because he wasn't proficient enough as a passer to do it any other way. I just have a hard time viewing that team outside of a Tebow-covered lens.

He wasn't.    Even in the 08 championship OU most likely beats FL without an injured Percy Harvin taking over.    Tebow became too reliant on trying to run the ball himself.   

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Joe Willie is one cool mofo...who else could get away with the antics at Bama and the Bear.

BGW

p.s. I have zero evidence, but Joe Willie does as Joe Willie does....

As a high school senior, on a recruiting visit to Alabama, Namath was walking across the Bama practice field with then assistant coach Howard Schnellenberger toward Bear Bryant who was up in the tower overseeing the team's workout. As they got nearer to Bryant, Schnellenberger looked at Joe Willie and, as a piece of advice, suggested he put out his cigarette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, you don't think that Justin Fields with the offensive class that Georgia had would have been viewed in the same SEC light as Burrow?

Fields is better than Fromm....not much doubt about that. I've never thought much of Fromm..

BUT,  Fields in the Georgia offense as it is today would be a fish out of water. That UGA offensive mindset will have to change. We've been through that here.

• Like 3

I see many here make the common mistake when judging QBs and that is not accounting for surrounding talent. I have been really surprised at how good Burrow has been and would definitely take him #1.  I am normally weary of QBs that are surrounded by so much talent but Joe is very smart and is as poised as I’ve ever seen a college QB. That said most of the QBs nation wide that play on the top teams who many consider great are because of stud OL and WR flop in the NFL because the surrounding players don’t get enough credit. That is why I wouldn’t touch Tua.

It’s also why it’s silly to consider Wuerfull or Tebow one of the best ever. Tebow wasn’t even the real QB on one of his 2 title teams and in the other was a decent RB that rode the coattails of Percy Harvin to the win.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigBobT said:

I see many here make the common mistake when judging QBs and that is not accounting for surrounding talent. I have been really surprised at how good Burrow has been and would definitely take him #1.  I am normally weary of QBs that are surrounded by so much talent but Joe is very smart and is as poised as I’ve ever seen a college QB. That said most of the QBs nation wide that play on the top teams who many consider great are because of stud OL and WR flop in the NFL because the surrounding players don’t get enough credit. That is why I wouldn’t touch Tua.

It’s also why it’s silly to consider Wuerfull or Tebow one of the best ever. Tebow wasn’t even the real QB on one of his 2 title teams and in the other was a decent RB that rode the coattails of Percy Harvin to the win.

I figure you should always ask... Does this qb make the people around him better, or, does the people around him make him look better?

4 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

As a high school senior, on a recruiting visit to Alabama, Namath was walking across the Bama practice field with then assistant coach Howard Schnellenberger toward Bear Bryant who was up in the tower overseeing the team's workout. As they got nearer to Bryant, Schnellenberger looked at Joe Willie and, as a piece of advice, suggested he put out his cigarette.

Wouldn't doubt it in the least. Hahahahaha.

BGW