2019 Teams who beat OOS State Champions

Nolebull813

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Has there been any discussion or progress made towards fixing this problem? 

No, a lot of people don’t see it as a problem.  There have been efforts to have Long Island join the state tournament.  However, it’s not going to happen any time soon.  Across the state most people are more concerned with keeping neighborhood rivalries in tact than playing for a true state champion.  Also, NY football starts late.  It will never run later either in order not to cut into basketball season.

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is the yearly compilation of teams who beat OOS State Champions. It is strictly a point of reference and not a penis comparison contest. States with multiple...

California (5)

St John Bosco beat Liberty,NV

St John Bosco beat Good Counsel,MD

Centennial,CA beat Liberty,NV

Bishop Union,CA beat Yerington,NV

Norco,CA beat Williams Field,AZ

Cali could have had 7. Darn you DBP. Also, dont know why Chandler didn't renew the contract vs cc(Corona Centennial). That would've been another victory over a state champ under Cali's belt.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Unfortunately NY doesn’t do a true state championship.  New Ro and Freeport are the top 2 ranked teams in the state and didn’t get to play each other.  The Catholic / Private schools were very down this year and the Publics were strong this year.  

Are there any plans to consolidate their playoffs anytime soon?     I know there are different sanctioning bodies but surely an arrangement can be made to come up with something.    New York and New Jersey are the two toughest states I have to track all year.

23 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

9 teams still playing who lost OOS

DLS,CA (STA,FL)

Del Norte,CA (Mazama,OR)

Bishop Union,CA (Fernley,NV)

Bakersfield Christian,CA (Faith Lutheran,NV)

MNW,FL (Lowndes,GA)

MC,FL (St Frances,MD)

Edgewater,FL (Marietta,GA)

Cedar Grove,GA (Phenix City Central,AL)

Chrlotte Catholic,NC (Rummel,LA and OLGC,MD)

38 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Georgia can still add Miami Northwestern & Edgewater. 

MNW plays Jones for the FL 5A Title, & Edgewater plays STA for the 7A title. Jones' only loss this year, is to Edgewater. Edgewaters only loss is to Marietta 

Above in parentheses is the OOS teams they lost to. 

14 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Are there any plans to consolidate their playoffs anytime soon?     I know there are different sanctioning bodies but surely an arrangement can be made to come up with something.    New York and New Jersey are the two toughest states I have to track all year.

No, not that I know of.  Will continue to be multiple titles crowned for the foreseeable future.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:40 AM, Nolebull813 said:

States with one so far.

Indiana 

Indy Cathedral beat Trinity,KY

Maryland 

Mt St Joseph beat Holy Spirit,NJ

Washington 

Eastside Catholic beat Central Catholic,OR

Tennessee

Ravenwood beat Pulaski Academy,AR

Hawaii

Mililani beat Liberty,NV

New Jersey

Peddie beat Archbishop Wood,PA

Florida 

Clearwater Academy beat McCallie,TN

Nebraska 

Scottsbluff beat Sterling,CO

Illinois 

Notre Dame beat Central Catholic,MI

Nevada

Bishop Gorman beat Orem,UT

Wyoming

Star Valley beat Sugar Salem,ID

TEXAS

El Paso Franklin beat Cleveland Rio Rancho, NM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

That's too bad because there are some great match-ups possible.   A Chenago Forks-New Rochelle game would be a good watch.

Not for Chenago Forks...Forks is a very good class B school statewide, but they cannot play with the caliber of a New Rochelle or the best teams in AA.  Forks is a very good small school, but you are talking an enrollment difference of 600-650 kids maybe for Forks vs 2,500-3k students at New Rochelle.  They are both NYPSAA teams, so if they were in the same class they would meet each other in the State playoffs.  But New Ro is class AA and Forks is class B.

9 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Not for Chenago Forks...Forks is a very good class B school statewide, but they cannot play with the caliber of a New Rochelle or the best teams in AA.  Forks is a very good small school, but you are talking an enrollment difference of 600-650 kids maybe for Forks vs 2,500-3k students at New Rochelle.  They are both NYPSAA teams, so if they were in the same class they would meet each other in the State playoffs.  But New Ro is class AA and Forks is class B.

Thanks, that is the kind of input I like to help me with my efforts here.    Here are my top 5 in New York, if you would, let me know what you think:

1. New Windsor Cornwall Central

2. New Rochelle

3. Staten Island Tottenville

4. Freeport 

5. Rochester McQuaid Jesuit

12 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Thanks, that is the kind of input I like to help me with my efforts here.    Here are my top 5 in New York, if you would, let me know what you think:

1. New Windsor Cornwall Central

2. New Rochelle

3. Staten Island Tottenville

4. Freeport 

5. Rochester McQuaid Jesuit

I am no ranking guru, and generally do not rank teams, but from what I saw this past season, if I had to name my top 5 in NY it would be:

1. New Rochelle

2. Freeport

3. William Floyd

4. Cornwall

5. Iona Prep

William Floyd lost to Freeport in the LI large school championship and Iona Prep was upset in the CHSAA playoffs, but won the league regular season and were the best NY Catholic School team this season, IMO.