California CIF State Bowl Games

Cal 14

35 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Weren’t they in big boy league this year and go winless? That’s one of my knocks about this many SBG’a and “State Champs.” Hard to say a team that cant go .500 in their own league is the champion of anything. 

Go back to 5 division and maybe an Open division. I think it’s just too watered down and doesn’t mean as much as before. Didn't see the game, but was there a decent crowd for it? Seems interest is down for these games.

Sorry, but the idea that California can only have 5 divisions is just silly.  I much prefer the current system to the politics we had before.  California is relatively in line with other big states, in terms of number of divisions.  There are many layers of competitive levels for high school football.  There's nothing wrong with that.

Also, no one should bring up enrollment divisions because we have too many private schools.  We can't have Central Catholic kicking everyone's teeth in every freakin' year for small schools.

39 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

They made a deal with Gil Lemmon. (NCS comish) they’d be moved into a more competitive league since they played with all D2 schools as a D1 team and by agreeing to this they’d be pushed down to D2 and placed in the EBAL. 

DLS was beating them 49-0 at halftime.... and this team is a “state champion”

I think Block is a little butt hurt that Folsom couldn’t go for a participation banner. They may have to up there transfers to get it done next year. Come on Block you better get on your moped and head to Reno on a recruiting trip🤪

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

46 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

This should show as example how dumb all these bowl games are. Both teams showed they didn’t belong in a state championship. 

Also, how much did Clayton Valley pay Gill Lemon (NCS commissioner) to stay in D2. Congrats on being the 30th best team in California. Enjoy it while it lasts, no more shortcuts next year. 

Everyone was bitching and moaning about how the runner-up teams were able to advance last year.  Well, these teams kept winning in the playoffs, so they advanced.

People can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Everyone was bitching and moaning about how the runner-up teams were able to advance last year.  Well, these teams kept winning in the playoffs, so they advanced.

People can't have it both ways.

I’m agreeing. Both teams looked pathetic tonight and should not be on a state bowl game platform. 

• Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Uh yes it is. You can play up a division if you petition. Look at basic NCS bylaws...

Uh... Whatever you say @frankyjames... go ahead and post the NCS by laws.... And Nobody cares....

Just stop posting from your fake DLS account @DLS_Spartan because that is not what this board is about....

You don’t have to worry... Non one here will ban you like on the Nor Cal Site... We will all just laugh at you and make fun of you....🤣🤣

Or, we will eventually all just ignore you... Obviously that would be your worst case scenario because you just need so much attention.. 

• Haha 2

Just now, THEOC89 said:

Nice job by Central Holding SC to a FG... 

Defenses are playing well but you get the feeling the offenses will take this game over... Both teams look good!...

I think SC should have kicked the FG the first time.  I feel that the first score is important.  Important to get it early to break the ice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I think SC should have kicked the FG the first time.  I feel that the first score is important.  Important to get it early to break the ice.

Agree with this 100%... I think this will be like a 38-35 game so every point is important...

You were right on with your Oak Ride Comment...  They wee better then many of us have them credit for... Their QB is a Legit Player!!!

• Like 1