Small sample of teams in 2010 and Calpreps.

954gator

47 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

No theres not. Not at the national level.

You know there are still people that thin the earth is flat?

i gave up on you a long time ago, but please let the adults have a concersation without interrupting with tantrums or epistles 

48 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

From the 2010 CalPreps ratings-

#1 78.6

#10 67.3

#50 59.9

#100 55.3

#200 50.2

#300 47

#400  44.4

#500 42.5

#600 40.3

#700  39.1

#800  38

#847 37.6

This is an excellent post illustrating what many of the naysayers don't get when asking how so-and-so, an outstanding local favorite xould possibly be hundred of placement spots below these-and-them, a clearly inferior Yankee team

ive used this in the past as The Rule of 21, which basically contains these points to use as framework in understanding

spread between #1 and #100 is usually about 21 points and the spread between #100 and #1000 is also about 21 -- point here being that there is Twice as much spread between (i.e.) #1 and #50 (about 14 of the 21 points since it's a bell curve) than there is between #500 and #1000 (about 7 of the 21 points since it's the other end of the curve) -- @ gator, that's part of your outrage over some of your spreads (just that they're not that big)

fwiw, NFL stats say a 21-point dog wins about 4% (or 1 in 25)

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

This is an excellent post illustrating what many of the naysayers don't get when asking how so-and-so, an outstanding local favorite xould possibly be hundred of placement spots below these-and-them, a clearly inferior Yankee team

ive used this in the past as The Rule of 21, which basically contains these points to use as framework in understanding

spread between #1 and #100 is usually about 21 points and the spread between #100 and #1000 is also about 21 -- point here being that there is Twice as much spread between (i.e.) #1 and #50 (about 14 of the 21 points since it's a bell curve) than there is between #500 and #1000 (about 7 of the 21 points since it's the other end of the curve) -- @ gator, that's part of your outrage over some of your spreads (just that they're not that big)

fwiw, NFL stats say a 21-point dog wins about 4% (or 1 in 25)

Hold on.... 

So Camden plays 

STA national top 10

Miami Central national top 15

2 in state powers 

And Hillgrove 

But let CA do something like that. 

CP is on some BS.... 

And oh yea lets not forget #38 in state.... 

Since when the hell does someone play a schedule like that go 10-2 and finish outside the top 12 in state. 

CP not only got in national wrong they also got in state wrong. This is the same year N.Gwinnett went 9-2 and you had them #5 in GA after Grayson Hammered them in the 1st RD.... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Hold on.... 

So Camden plays 

STA national top 10

Miami Central national top 15

2 in state powers 

And Hillgrove 

But let CA do something like that. 

CP is on some BS.... 

Camden had 1 win in the top 2,000 and lost to #719 and Georgians have. Even complaining about their rating for 7 years

your CA example is an undefeated team that had 11 top 250 wins, including 3 in top 10 (i.e. More, on both counts, than the entire state of GA combined) -- trust me, Frank the Tank, no one is following you naked down the street outraged by this inequity

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And oh yea lets not forget #38 in state.... 

Since when the hell does someone play a schedule like that go 10-2 and finish outside the top 12 in state. 

CP not only got in national wrong they also got in state wrong. This is the same year N.Gwinnett went 9-2 and you had them #5 in GA after Grayson Hammered them in the 1st RD.... 

A schedule like that?

there was one top 2,000 win and one of their losses was to #719

is that a good schedule in GA?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

if anyone finds the highlights to camden/miami central, please share the link with me.

Nope couldn't find anything.   I was reading about it, I know Camden held Devonta Freeman to 12 carries for 43 yards.  That's pretty impressive, too bad they couldn't handle Drake.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If there is no data connecting these states. A numerical comparison cannot be made as there could be a completely different level of football being played ....

I absolutely hate saying this but, you are an idiot.

What is your degree in that makes you able to say this  absolutely and  still, this is all contingent on a scientist being a liar. 

Did you see Golf's garbage the other day? 

Could not answer a simple question so he tween girled and stormed away.

This truly is the age of "alternative facts."

You still never answered me, how did Cal get Grayson, Valdosta, Cartersville, Colquitt accurately, according to your previous posts but the entire state is undervalued? Can't be. 

How can Cal and humans agree 75% of the time and you think subjective, perceptive handicapped humans are likely right in the 25% they disagree in? Again, that is simply not logical.

See, I get it. I get people like Arrogant Golf who is handicapped in thought through simplicity. I get you who is consumed by want. I get Ned, a scientist mandated to  be objective and consistent.

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

Nope couldn't find anything.   I was reading about it, I know Camden held Devonta Freeman to 12 carries for 43 yards.  That's pretty impressive, too bad they couldn't handle Drake.   

I know right? I heard it was a good ass game. And I was actually surprised at how good Camden played Aquinas. The big plays hurt Camden.

34 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I absolutely hate saying this but, you are an idiot.

What is your degree in that makes you able to say this  absolutely and  still, this is all contingent on a scientist being a liar. 

Did you see Golf's garbage the other day? 

Could not answer a simple question so he tween girled and stormed away.

This truly is the age of "alternative facts."

You still never answered me, how did Cal get Grayson, Valdosta, Cartersville, Colquitt accurately, according to your previous posts but the entire state is undervalued? Can't be. 

How can Cal and humans agree 75% of the time and you think subjective, perceptive handicapped humans are likely right in the 25% they disagree in? Again, that is simply not logical.

See, I get it. I get people like Arrogant Golf who is handicapped in thought through simplicity. I get you who is consumed by want. I get Ned, a scientist mandated to  be objective and consistent.

What you (and the Cali contingent) don't get is the basis of Golf's original point.  

I actually think you and the Cali / DLS Fighting Spartan crew do get the original point being stated, but refuse to admit it because you all are pot committed.  Instead you and the gang choose to deflect the actual issue being discussed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

What you (and the Cali contingent) don't get is the basis of Golf's original point.  

I actually think you and the Cali / DLS Fighting Spartan crew do get the original point being stated, but refuse to admit it because you all are pot committed.  Instead you and the gang choose to deflect the actual issue being discussed.

Basically the equivalent of concha humping the elephant daily.

24 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

yeah, I get it, Ned is a liar

everything they say is contingent on this. 

Then when I ask for info which would out Ned or out them, I get the tween girl act. 

Very telling. 

Just now, noonereal said:

yeah, I get it, Ned is a liar

everything they say is contingent on this. 

Then when I ask for info which would out Ned or out them, I get the tween girl act. 

Very telling. 

This is a false assertion. Golf's point actually has nothing to do with 'Ned is a liar."  You know this though.  I am out of this conversation, but I'm not buying what you're selling.  You know what the original point was but refuse to acknowledge.  Someone who seems reasonably intelligent playing dumb is never a good look.  Have a good day everyone. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

This is a false assertion. Golf's point actually has nothing to do with 'Ned is a liar."  You know this though.  I am out of this conversation, but I'm not buying what you're selling.  You know what the original point was but refuse to acknowledge.  Someone who seems reasonably intelligent playing dumb is never a good look.  Have a good day everyone. 

Golf went through a lot of work(appreciated) to show what Ned has told us on his site.That there was an adjustment made.Ned also tells us why

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2007/ratings_fixes3.pl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Golf went through a lot of work(appreciated) to show what Ned has told us on his site.That there was an adjustment made.Ned also tells us why

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2007/ratings_fixes3.pl

yes, I instinctively went to hit the like button... 

Arrogant Addict does some great stuff using Cal for us. He needs to lose the agenda.