Good news???

Bormio

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

upset stomach...get checked for Wuhan.

Since you're all on the "I wonder about this bullshit and that bullshit train" what do you make of a guy that says he's a doctor but appears to only give a shit personally about the markets? 

Weeks and weeks of the beginning of this thing he's a politician, suddenly today he's just a doctor. Apparently a doctor that cares a lot about the markets. 

Strange or nah? 

I just think it strange myself. I wouldn't give a shit if we go back to paying doctors with a fat hen as far as that goes. We've been there before economically. It's not that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Since you're all on the "I wonder about this bullshit and that bullshit train" what do you make of a guy that says he's a doctor but appears to only give a shit personally about the markets? 

Weeks and weeks of the beginning of this thing he's a politician, suddenly today he's just a doctor. Apparently a doctor that cares a lot about the markets. 

Strange or nah? 

I just think it strange myself. I wouldn't give a shit if we go back to paying doctors with a fat hen as far as that goes. We've been there before economically. It's not that big of a deal. 

Straight up I think he has been consistent. I know quite a few others have thanked him for his input. 

Here's the link to the anonymous Allahpundit  🙄 article on HotAir:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2020/03/26/imperial-college-study-author-shifts-actually-think-coronavirus-death-toll-will-much-lower-expected/

Couple of points.  The revised estimate is based on the assumption that people follow instructions to limit social contacts.  AND, if we had enough testing we'd know if he was right then or right now:

image.png.8dde5903450cc503ad7727066e369c22.png

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Strange or nah? 

I have generally tried to be respectful of others and not question their motivations. But today you have insinuated that I might kill Democrats and that I care more about money than medicine.  Frankly you can pound sand, asshole.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't care about the markets. You apparently do. Every post has something to do with them and how this affected them or that affected them. I'm pretty sure at this point you're a market doctor. So you fuck off, market doc.

Bormio is a complete clown.

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I have generally tried to be respectful of others and not question their motivations. But today you have insinuated that I might kill Democrats and that I care more about money than medicine.  Frankly you can pound sand, asshole.

I'm guessing that you may wanna go read your feed man. 

You may get around to understanding where I'm coming from. Fwiw, I never suggested you may kill democrats, but, when it comes time for the virus to kill them and you have to make a tough choice... not so sure which way you may go. Save the red hat guy or the blue hat guy? Know what I'm saying? Go read your last two years worth of garbage and come to terms with what it looks like from afar. 

Now, I'll dismiss myself. Asshole.

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

You've been an unmitigated disaster on this topic.

A Magic 8-ball has as much a chance of being right than you do.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

One study done at a British University crashed the markets.

Good God, Bormio.

🤡

Read the British press.  It changed U.K. policy and impacted our task force’s recommendations a lot.  Markets were resistant to Covid for quite a while, then went down a bit.  When the U.K. changed policy and the US got more stringent (based on the study) - the markets got really spooked.

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm guessing that you may wanna go read your feed man. 

You may get around to understanding where I'm coming from. Fwiw, I never suggested you may kill democrats, but, when it comes time for the virus to kill them and you have to make a tough choice... not so sure which way you may go. Save the red hat guy or the blue hat guy? Know what I'm saying? Go read your last two years worth of garbage and come to terms with what it looks like from afar. 

Now, I'll dismiss myself. Asshole.

fuck the blue hat guy all day!

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2020 at 10:56 PM, Bormio said:

The panic was a hoax. The idea that if you happen to come into contact with someone with the disease you needed to be a hermit for 2 weeks was not warranted.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, Bormio said:

Pretty soon we will all be quarantined. Economic activity will cease. Which might be the point. People are losing their fricking minds.  People are going to have heart attacks and die at home because they have been told to stay there.  It is not even clear it is really transmissible before you get sick.

🤡

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Not trying to say the Wuhan virus isn’t real. Again I have never said that. Does anyone personally know anyone who has it? I still do not. I have asked here, Twitter and another football board I am on. Still not one person knows anyone personally

A friend of mine's cousin in Jersey supposedly has it. Through work, I've seen a handful of people with it at local hospitals. Our number of case has DEFINITELY flatlined and our death count is still "only" 4. And this is one of the largest counties in CA. We're going to be alright much to the chagrin of certain people.

Oh...and T-minus 18.5 hours to retirement. 😲😎

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I tried to tell you Borimo, dont try to give any hope. See how you have been attacked. They dont want hope. They want this to go on as long as possible blaming Trump the entire way. 

I want realistic projections that don't send idiots back out onto the beaches thinking it's safe. 

I love some hope though. In this instance, it's much better to temper that with reality. 

I for one am rooting for the new suggestions from the administration to start working. The ones where, when we finally, fucking finally get enough testing going on to close off certain geographical locations from others and lock down the people that should be for the safety of us all.

That my friend is realistic hope on this day. I root for that and will be ecstatic when that day comes. I'll also still be nervous as hell because of so many lies to this point from the same place, but, it makes sense to do it that way, assuming we can trust the testing and how it's being reported to us. I still have issues with that, because I get the local numbers and they dont jive with the DPH. 

The shit I read on the OP was a joke partisan bullshit play. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

The author of the Imperial College study that scared everyone saying 500,000 could die in the U.K. and 2.2 million in the US, has revised his estimates, saying that U.K. deaths could be around 20,000 and not half a million.  This might comport with what we are seeing - Italy’s numbers are flattening in growth with 8,000 dead.  If they lose 20,000 or so - that would be the same as 100,000 here - except our death rate is considerably lower.  A recent projection out of Oxford is along these lines.  There is a good write-up on this at hotair.com

You are becoming nothing but a shrill for Trump. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Strange or nah? 

I have my thoughts on this, that is for damned sure.