So in about 8 weeks...

181pl

The mind does strange things when trying to process traumatic experiences. 

While I don't disagree with Abbott that we should always question and apply our own reasoning to a given set of facts and try to come to some terms with what we are processing, I do think he could be off in the bushes on this one. 

The study I was reading about bits and pieces of basically was trying to back track the infections to their origins. What they found was that they could track which lineage/direction the particular protein they were studying came through. Saying that, if the particular grouping of infections they were looking at had these certain variants, it could be pretty much stated that infection strain came straight from a person infected in the Wuhan Province of China, but, if it carried a different selection of variants it could be potentially tracked back through Italy/via the Wuhan Province, or Italy/via Iran/via the Wuhan Province and etc. etc etc. 

Saying there is so many variants sounds a little scary and even nefarious unless you go to reading what that really means. The study I was reading about basically said that there was an original strain of the virus when it jumped from animal to human and they dubbed that the S-type. After that strain started passing through community spread from human to human, mutating a little with each new host, the L-strain emerged. Both were derived from the same original host. The L-strain has proven to be the more prevalent in most studies, meaning that the virus mutates from type S to.type L to become more prolific/infectious in it's new host group, which is us, humans. 

Anyway, I do agree with Abbott that it's worth our while to go read everything we can rather than let it all be filtered through a particular source. 

Here is a couple of the links to some of the sources where I found some of the information I just posted about. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236544-coronavirus-are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317175442.htm

I can't yet relocate the one that was explaining how they were tracking the mutation sequences back through particular geographic locations. I guess I have read too much. xD

I'm just happy there are people out there studying this thing to that extent so as to help protect us in the future. 

7 hours ago, abbatt said:

badrouter,

You must live in a bubble.......You also don`t know anything about what a Virus is and isn`t. But you are apparently the result of mainstream media brainwashing...it is of course your right to be uninformed......compliant,,,,and easily manipulated.....Just keep on the same mindless path.....take your meds ...and eat your over-processed food...and accept whatever you are told....and when reality actually hits you ...you and the masses will be too numb and dumb to know it......How sad.....

You're basically illiterate and don't know how to use common grammar.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, abbatt said:

badrouter,

You must live in a bubble.......You also don`t know anything about what a Virus is and isn`t. But you are apparently the result of mainstream media brainwashing...it is of course your right to be uninformed......compliant,,,,and easily manipulated.....Just keep on the same mindless path.....take your meds ...and eat your over-processed food...and accept whatever you are told....and when reality actually hits you ...you and the masses will be too numb and dumb to know it......How sad.....

What's sad is dipshits like you who offer NOTHING in the way of evidence or ANYTHING that could in any way, shape or form refute the evidence I just linked you to here. Moron.

• 7 months later...