These guys showed up....

DBP66

I see it's not just here! They act like they own everything now since all of the preds are gone and we can't kill 'em. I see 'em walking around downtown on sidewalks. I came out the other morning and about 10 of 'em were on the top of my neighbors house and cars. On the roof! I'da been pissed.  I could see that they had made their way across my driveway at some point as there was about 100 piles of turkey shit on it. Turkeys don't shit small either😲🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

choot dem suckers.. choot em..damn the man

seriously though,  I have never heard anyone complain about a damn wild turkey invasion before.. funny shit

I do remember being at a Cub Scout camp with my boys and one of them fuckers was caterwauling at 4am.. I woulda liked to choot dat gobbler...

Sorry, but when you can't even pee straight, you're not qualified to hold a gun...😝

better stick to your upskirt pics, and responding to your own threads.... 100 times... 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

seriously though,  I have never heard anyone complain about a damn wild turkey invasion before..

Just curious....Why is it exactly...

that you always talk shit about stuff you know nothing about ???

seriously though 😝

🤣

BTW: Here's an umbrella for you... ☂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I see it's not just here! They act like they own everything now since all of the preds are gone and we can't kill 'em. I see 'em walking around downtown on sidewalks. I came out the other morning and about 10 of 'em were on the top of my neighbors house and cars. On the roof! I'da been pissed.  I could see that they had made their way across my driveway at some point as there was about 100 piles of turkey shit on it. Turkeys don't shit small either😲🤣

LOL..yea...they're ballsy animals!!...I had a Tom break one of my Sun room windows..he was fighting his own reflection!!..$350.00 later!! I love hunting them and calling them in....I do right from my garage when they start heating up this next month. They're amazing animals..beautiful IMO.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Plenty of meat right there in that picture. Venison and poultry. 

Who needs a grocery store when they have a backyard like that?!

LOL...true!...they kind of hang out together sometimes. The deer??...LOL..are like sharks...all over my property...my wife counted 15 the other day....we love having them around. We also have coyotes running around now..it's their mating season!

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

choot dem suckers.. choot em..damn the man

seriously though,  I have never heard anyone complain about a damn wild turkey invasion before.. funny shit

I do remember being at a Cub Scout camp with my boys and one of them fuckers was caterwauling at 4am.. I woulda liked to choot dat gobbler...

their numbers are growing all around the U.S...I'll be hearing them gobbling in the a.m. soon around here...when I crack the bedroom windows I hear them gobbling in the a.m. (light sleeper) and end up getting all excited and usually jump out of bed and run to my garage and get my calls going...good practice for opening day...5-1.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

A few years back I had 2 dozen in my yard at once.

I was astounded at the numbers.

I've had up to about a dozen or so when the hens come around. Last year I got to watch a mother and her hatchlings for a while from my sun room. It was cool. See saw a hawk fly overhead and made a cool sound warning the chicks...they disappeared in front of my eyes into the grass!..It was cool!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

We also have coyotes running around now..it's their mating season!

The ones that came back have some wolf blood in them...keep an eye for the ones with bushier tails and like a bigger/squarer head....

They can get aggressive, but they usually only come in hard when the deer drop their fawns...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

The ones that came back have some wolf blood in them...keep an eye for the ones with bushier tails and like a bigger/squarer head....

They can get aggressive, but they usually only come in hard when the deer drop their fawns...

I kept a trail cam out on my back yard this year and I've been getting more and more pictures of them...One is really nice size...beautiful! My neighbor told my wife he was woken up from his sleep by a pack howling in the woods a few days ago....I think they got a deer?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I kept a trail cam out on my back yard this year and I've been getting more and more pictures of them...One is really nice size...beautiful! My neighbor told my wife he was woken up from his sleep by a pack howling in the woods a few days ago....I think they got a deer?

They always go after the young fawns, but I don't think the singles go after much grown deer (at least they have not bothered a herd),  the packs are a different story.

If you've got a pack denned down nearby, they will make a ridiculous racket at night, usually sounds like they are fighting amoung themselves ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

They always go after the young fawns, but I don't think the singles go after much grown deer (at least they have not bothered a herd),  the packs are a different story.

If you've got a pack denned down nearby, they will make a ridiculous racket at night, usually sounds like they are fighting amoung themselves ....

yea..I've heard the packs howl at night too sometimes....very cool sound/feeling!....years ago I was camping upstate and had two packs howling at each other in the middle of the night...one pack on one side of the campground and the other pack on the other side..that was really cool!!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 7:36 PM, DBP66 said:

yea..I've heard the packs howl at night too sometimes....very cool sound/feeling!....years ago I was camping upstate and had two packs howling at each other in the middle of the night...one pack on one side of the campground and the other pack on the other side..that was really cool!!

A big Tom just came in the back yard, and is gathering a harem 😄

expect the deer right behind them, Bluebirds are already out but it is cold today...

It'll be nice when the weather gets a bit warmer. 😎

PS: great tick control 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DBP66 said:

062.thumb.JPG.3b6f509f6881397a05747e235d0eff93.JPG

I cut down a  tree in the backyard and opened up the salad bar!

That'll get them to smile for a picture everytime 😄.

Nice color in the photos,  Your wife must go nuts when they salad bar her flowerbeds 😲

I'm planting a veggie garden given the quarantine, but I'm REALLY gonna need a deer fence.... and that's a trip to the store? 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

That'll get them to smile for a picture everytime 😄.

Nice color in the photos,  Your wife must go nuts when they salad bar her flowerbeds 😲

I'm planting a veggie garden given the quarantine, but I'm REALLY gonna need a deer fence.... and that's a trip to the store? 🤷‍♂️ 

I have or should I say try to have a large flower garden in the front and side of my house...they cost me a lot of $$ over the years mowing down stuff I plant...I'm down to a lot of grasses that they leave alone!...most things that flower are like candy them!

you got any Tractor Supply stores by you?..they're good for that stuff.

48 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I have or should I say try to have a large flower garden in the front and side of my house...they cost me a lot of $$ over the years mowing down stuff I plant...I'm down to a lot of grasses that they leave alone!...most things that flower are like candy them!

you got any Tractor Supply stores by you?..they're good for that stuff.

Yes TSC is the trip, been putting it off trying to get a worthwhile list together, so I only have to go out once.

Gonna have to get some bird netting too 🙄...but it's probably about time I set up a proper veggie garden, in the garden... 

• Like 1