Have we done covers yet?

Belly Bob

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is another blasphemous one that I like. Way different than the original.

[...]

I didn't know they covered this one. It sounds like their song that used to get played a ton on the radio, the one about the guy who doesn't stop the race. I guess that's their style. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

He can sing. I wouldn't have seen rap coming. Good cover.

He's a crazy success story. He started out on a cocaine binge doing a 10 minute freestyle rap that another party goer/friend posted on YouTube and it kind of all started from there. He has a decent career going from that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's a crazy success story. He started out on a cocaine binge doing a 10 minute freestyle rap that another party goer/friend posted on YouTube and it kind of all started from there. He has a decent career going from that. 

He did it backwards. Usually you end your career on a cocaine binge. I like that. Mix it up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Another extremely blasphemous cover, but, I'll be damned if it isn't great...

[...]

I think there are some songs that are just so great they can't really be fucked up.

[...]

The Shinedown cover is well done, but it's too close to the original.

I like Upchurch one. It's original; it resonates with my redneck sensibilities; and the guy's got a good voice for country. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

I actually like this better than the original.. actually I hated this song when it was out lol.. I like now

https://mikemasse.com/africa-toto/

HOW “AFRICA” CHANGED EVERYTHING

by Mike Massé

I never would have predicted that someday the song people would most associate with me would be “Africa” by Toto.  Probably 90% of my fans have discovered me because of the YouTube video of my acoustic rendition with Jeff Hall, performed at the Pie Pizzeria in South Jordan, Utah, on August 7, 2010.  And to think that it almost didn’t happen, and that I almost didn’t post it at all….

click link for rest of the story.. pretty interesting

Yeah, that’s pretty good.