Americans Growing Weary of the Dreaded Coronavirus?

Blueliner

Are the tens of millions of Americans going to continue with their collective grace to support the cause, and if so for how long? I've been following this guy's pieces for a few weeks now. This is just his latest installment. He's a former NYT reporter from back in the day. Back when they were actually respectable, and he is spot on in my opinion. These are certainly precarious and scary times for Americans who love their God-given civil liberties, freedom, and the right to thrive and prosper in the greatest country (for now) in the world. We are definitely steadily marching to a fork in the road. And we all know what each fork brings.

That said, when I go out, each day, keeping my social distance of course, I am seeing more and more people out and about. Folsom is no longer the ghost town that it was three weeks ago. Far from it. I believe more and more people are realizing that the dreaded coronavirus, although (in a Trump voice) "it's not a good virusssss, it's done some uh pritty uh bad things",  is perhaps not the media overhyped, politicized global killer that the democraps, leftists, globalists, snowflakes, and PC Nazis WANT it to be and have pedaled it to be.

What say you? Are we at a tipping point in the near future? 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/berenson-big-pivot-lockdown-strategy

• Like 2

I think that as soon as there was talk of reopening, people went off safe. The roads are packed out here the last couple of days. 

We gonna find out if it's safe to come out or not.  Of course dining rooms are still closed and that type stuff, but people already said fuck ya'll we ain't sitting home no more. Seems like they stayed home about 4 or 5 days total around here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

@Blueliner

Would you think that going by my previous post of my observations around my area, that this map makes sense? See that deepest red area? Yep, you betcha, that's my area. Totally makes sense to click off safe right now. Yes it does. 

Screenshot_20200416-202913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.546c7b5f029bd1cf70b3165a91c8304a.jpg

Hawg,

I have all the confidence in the world in you that you'll protect yourself if/when you go out. You're going to be alright. 99.9% of Georgians are going to be alright. But I see your point, and believe it or not, respect your concern. But at some point I am concerned that this is going to go bad for us if we don't get things moving again. I'm clearly not the only one who is concerned about this. Hawg...we have almost 25 million people out of work in less than a month and a half's time. I can't even comprehend that number. And that number is going to increase if the country' economy continues to systematically collapse. Some want the country shut down for two years! WTF? The concerns are that the collateral damage (I will stop short of saying "unintentional" consequence) is going to be much more devastating than the virus ever will be. We will never survive that. I get what this author is saying. I get what you're saying. But there are a vast number of Americans that want to take the necessary precautions, stay free and go out and fight versus hide under the bed and become dependent upon the state for everything. Thanks for your response.

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Hawg,

I have all the confidence in the world in you that you'll protect yourself if/when you go out. You're going to be alright. 99.9% of Georgians are going to be alright. But I see your point, and believe it or not, respect your concern. But at some point I am concerned that this is going to go bad for us if we don't get things moving again. I'm clearly not the only one who is concerned about this. Hawg...we have almost 25 million people out of work in less than a month and a half's time. I can't even comprehend that number. And that number is going to increase if the country' economy continues to systematically collapse. Some want the country shut down for two years! WTF? The concerns are that the collateral damage (I will stop short of saying "unintentional" consequence) is going to be much more devastating than the virus ever will be. We will never survive that. I get what this author is saying. I get what you're saying. But there are a vast number of Americans that want to take the necessary precautions, stay free and go out and fight versus hide under the bed and become dependent upon the state for everything. Thanks for your response.

Oh, I have no doubt that I'm as prepared as I can be currently given all the circumstances.

I'm just pointing out the facts and backing them up with data. People here where I live have basically failed at "stay home to slow the spread" and that map is proof. If the rest of the country fails at it? 

I keep seeing you say 99.9% but, just right here it's a 3+% death rate still actually today it's closer to 4% but I, not very scientifically, average it at about 3%. Not that 2.9% may make any difference to someone with the opinion you have.

Screenshot_20200416-225150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.564fe2422e7800b518ceb575e12cd535.jpg

Maybe after everyone has been infected and either lived or died your 99.9% number that I have no idea where it comes from proves out to be true. I've been watching since the beginning to my area, my state, and the percentage hasn't been under 3% death rate of infected persons many days at all since they got the site up. 

I agree that eventually people will grow tired of it. Like I said, they did here in my area already, in idk, 4 or 5 days of actual slow traffic where the majority stayed home. We have one of the highest per capita concentrations in our state to show for it. Nobody took it serious for the first 3 weeks, and then did for about 5 days maybe, now, they're right back out. 

I never see you bring up death rates or anything where you live. Is it a less than 1% rate like you suggest it will be in Georgia, in spite of my showing the current death rate so many times already? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh, I have no doubt that I'm as prepared as I can be currently given all the circumstances.

I'm just pointing out the facts and backing them up with data. People here where I live have basically failed at "stay home to slow the spread" and that map is proof. If the rest of the country fails at it? 

I keep seeing you say 99.9% but, just right here it's a 3+% death rate still actually today it's closer to 4% but I, not very scientifically, average it at about 3%. Not that 2.9% may make any difference to someone with the opinion you have.

Screenshot_20200416-225150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.564fe2422e7800b518ceb575e12cd535.jpg

Maybe after everyone has been infected and either lived or died your 99.9% number that I have no idea where it comes from proves out to be true. I've been watching since the beginning to my area, my state, and the percentage hasn't been under 3% death rate of infected persons many days at all since they got the site up. 

I agree that eventually people will grow tired of it. Like I said, they did here in my area already, in idk, 4 or 5 days of actual slow traffic where the majority stayed home. We have one of the highest per capita concentrations in our state to show for it. Nobody took it serious for the first 3 weeks, and then did for about 5 days maybe, now, they're right back out. 

I never see you bring up death rates or anything where you live. Is it a less than 1% rate like you suggest it will be in Georgia, in spite of my showing the current death rate so many times already? 

The problem with the death rate hawg is they aren't accurate. We don't really know how many people died from the Wuhan. It could be way more, but it could also be way less. Two days ago NY claimed they loss 4700 souls to the Wuhan. Not one of the 4700 had been tested for the Wuhan so how do they know? They don't. We don't. But what we do know is that for every Wuhan patient a hospitals see, they receive money from the government. For every death they receive more money. Why wouldn't a hospital inflate their numbers?

The media has everyone so damn scared and focusing on death rates that most people think if they catch it they will die. This just isn't true man. Nine out of ten people who catch this shit survive.

Why hasn't Texas or CA seen the death rates that NY has? There sure has hell been time. It's here. It sure as fuck isn't social distancing, we were one of the last to do it. So why? Sweden, Japan they haven't shut down. Why are they not dying off  left and right?

We have shut down the strongest economic country in the world because of a virus that over according to you 96% of the people who catch it survive. I think it's closer to 98%. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I keep seeing you say 99.9%

That's because he says it all the time. He loves this number and other variations of it. It actually proves that he doesn't have any clue about what it means.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, Blueliner said:

99.9% of other liberal interviewers would have just fluffed him and then give him a reach around at the end. 

On 9/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, Blueliner said:

Like 'em or not they'd still beat 99.9% of HS teams.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:34 PM, Blueliner said:

Even "down", BG still will beat 99.9% of teams.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:04 PM, Blueliner said:

MSM 99.9% negative coverage to keep all of you lunatics on the left pissed off a him.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:28 PM, Blueliner said:

And 99.9% of the time I’m correct in finding what is being pedaled as  “objective news” is actually an editorial by some wannabe hack.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, Blueliner said:

The polls had her 95%-99.9% winning the election. Period.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:17 PM, Blueliner said:

We get pissed because 99.9% of us don’t roll that way. And then he claims WE are he problem. Sad.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, Blueliner said:

Some liberal puke anti-Trump doctor tweets this knowing that 99.9999999999% of people don't have enough medical knowledge to understand that a prolonged QTI is not a major concern in the ICU or Emergency setting.

On 3/11/2020 at 8:47 PM, Blueliner said:

We are now a country (and world for that matter) full of nothing but gullible, lazy, low information-types that believe anything and everything that they read on the internet and comes out of any talking head's mouth...which is essentially run by the left and is 99.9% BS. Coincidence that it's only a few months before an election?🤔

On 4/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Blueliner said:

...and considering that 99.9% of editors are unethical, liberal, hacks representing the shitty, lying, unethical, immoral democaps (funny how they sound alike), we're just supposed to believe them when the media is at it's all-time low living in the basement with canes. GTFOH with that shit.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:34 AM, Blueliner said:
On 7/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, Blueliner said:

LOL! They only said they'd leave because CNN assured them (99.9%) that Kill liar y would win. You'll hear no such words this time. Bank on it.

On 6/4/2019 at 4:35 PM, Blueliner said:

What a coincidence. Because the other 99.9% of posters on this board are thinking the same thing about YOU.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

39 minutes ago, The Guru said:

That's because he says it all the time. He loves this number and other variations of it. It actually proves that he doesn't have any clue about what it means.

trumpets speak like this. Truth is for others. Exaggerations and lies are the favored speak in the cult. 

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

The problem with the death rate hawg is they aren't accurate. We don't really know how many people died from the Wuhan. It could be way more, but it could also be way less. Two days ago NY claimed they loss 4700 souls to the Wuhan. Not one of the 4700 had been tested for the Wuhan so how do they know? They don't. We don't. But what we do know is that for every Wuhan patient a hospitals see, they receive money from the government. For every death they receive more money. Why wouldn't a hospital inflate their numbers?

The media has everyone so damn scared and focusing on death rates that most people think if they catch it they will die. This just isn't true man. Nine out of ten people who catch this shit survive.

Why hasn't Texas or CA seen the death rates that NY has? There sure has hell been time. It's here. It sure as fuck isn't social distancing, we were one of the last to do it. So why? Sweden, Japan they haven't shut down. Why are they not dying off  left and right?

We have shut down the strongest economic country in the world because of a virus that over according to you 96% of the people who catch it survive. I think it's closer to 98%. 

I think England taught us how herd immunity works which is the only other approach. 

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The issue with the death rates you post is that they take into account only confirmed cases.

We know that lots of people who have been infected have not been tested/confirmed and that lots of people get the virus by are asymptomatic or only suffer minor symptoms.  A university in Europe using data from the UK's Lancet medical journal has come out with a study that suggest only about 6% of people in the world who have contracted COVID-19 have actually been confirmed.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-covid-average-actual-infections-worldwide.html

Dr. Christian Bommer and Professor Sebastian Vollmer from Göttingen University have used estimates of COVID-19 mortality and time until death from a recent study published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases to test the quality of official case records. Their data shows that countries have only discovered on average about 6% of coronavirus infections and the true number of infected people worldwide may already have reached several tens of millions.

Guess what happens to your numbers of this is so? Divide 3.77% by 10 or 20 to get an idea.

• Like 2

Posted the story because most of you wont open a link

The Problem with New York City’s COVID-19 Death-Rate Estimates

Coronavirus-NY-Hospital.jpg?fit=789%2C46 A medical worker makes a phone call at Maimonides Medical Center during the outbreak of the coronavirus in Brooklyn, N.Y., April 14, 2020. (Caitlin Ochs/Reuters)

More on the continuing saga (see here, here, here and here) of the COVID-19 mortality rate — specifically, on why it is so hard to get accurate statistics, notwithstanding that these statistics are essential to decisions about reopening the economy.

Those of us who have been watching the daily numbers closely could not help but notice the dark cloud that drifted Tuesday over what was otherwise cautiously optimistic news. The number of coronavirus cases seems to be dropping, but deaths are suddenly spiking. Why?

It would overstate the matter to say that the tally of new cases is “plummeting,” but the drop has been noticeable: from a level of over 30,000 new cases per day from April 6 through April 11 (and, on three of those days, over 33,000 new cases), we’ve been down to about 27,000 on each of the three days since Sunday.

Initially, deaths also seemed to be dropping markedly: from around 2,000 per day from April 7 through April 11, down to about 1,500 on Sunday and Monday. Then, suddenly, deaths shot up on Tuesday, to 2,407, by far the highest one-day total yet (surpassing the previous high of 2,035 recorded on April 10).

What gives? Well, the main problem right now is New York. As governor Andrew Cuomo noted yesterday, although daily deaths seemed to be edging downward, below 700 on Monday for the first time in a week, they spiked up over 800 again on Tuesday. (Gov. Cuomo is nevertheless heartened by a decrease in hospitalizations, which will hopefully lead to a trend of declining cases and fatalities.) There were also marked daily death toll increases in New Jersey, Louisiana and Michigan, and less pronounced but noticeable increases in Massachusetts, Illinois, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Texas.

Obviously, the increasing (but still insufficient) availability of testing is affecting the tallies. This should give us some comfort: The reported number of new cases seems to be coming down as testing becomes more widespread. Cause for hope that we are, in fact, turning the corner.

Still, quantifying fatalities and the mortality rate remains elusive. Case in point: New York City. As the New York Times reported yesterday, Gotham’s Health Department abruptly added 3,700 victims to the COVID-19 death toll even though these decedents were not tested.

Despite the lack of coronavirus diagnoses in these cases, the inference that it was a factor in death (or, as the city insists, the proximate cause) is not irrational. The Health Department says that 3,000 more people died in the last month than would ordinarily have been expected in the City this time of year. The City has been vexed by the sparse availability of testing. By counting only people who had tested positive, it was surely undercounting COVID-19 deaths to some degree.

But to what degree? We really don’t know. In truth, we will never know beyond educated supposition.

City health officials deduce that some of the spike in “excess deaths” is only indirectly attributable to the coronavirus. On this theory, COVID-19 infections so overwhelmed the health-care system that some non-infected people are assumed to have died of conditions that would otherwise have been treatable.

Meantime, health officials have been tracking deaths they’ve hypothesized could have been related to the virus, based on symptoms and medical history. But what does that mean? Was the coronavirus present in the decedents (unconfirmable because they weren’t tested)? Are health officials saying COVID-19 was actually the proximate cause of death? That it may have exacerbated underlying health problems? That such comorbidities would not have killed the decedents but for the (unconfirmed) presence of COVID-19?

Who knows? The fact is, they are just making estimates. But, as the Times computes it, this estimate has suddenly increased the overall U.S. death count from COVID-19 by a whopping 17 percent. And if the Big Apple is going to cook the books this way, what is to stop Newark, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, and the rest?

New York City is dysfunctional, but this is not a New York issue. The guesstimating is being done at the express invitation of the federal Centers for Disease Control.

The CDC instructs officials to report deaths as COVID-19 deaths whenever the patient has either tested positive or, despite the absence of a test, presents circumstances from which presence of the infection can be inferred “within a reasonable degree of certainty” — such that its contribution to death is “probable” or may be “presumed.” This is drawn from CDC guidance, which directs that COVID-19 be specified in death certificates whenever “COVID-19 played a role in the death.”

It is not my purpose here to intimate that the CDC and other federal health officials, embarrassed by how badly inflated their models of anticipated COVID-19 deaths have proven to be, are scheming to overcount. Undoubtedly, some people will politicize the numbers to serve their own agendas, but I’m confident that health officials would like to see COVID-19 deaths reach zero, not zoom into the stratosphere.24

My point remains the policy determinations that must be made. To repeat my refrain, critical decisions are being made based on projections and models cobbled together by federal, state, municipal, academic, and private experts in public health. The more these estimates are scrutinized, the less reliable they appear to be. Yet decisions about whether to reopen the economy, when to do so, and under what restrictions hinge on them.

That is a big problem.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Gotham’s Health Department abruptly added 3,700 victims to the COVID-19 death toll even though these decedents were not tested.

Boy, you're going to be really mad when you figure out that this is standard procedure in fatality estimates done by the CDC.

So they're very likely going to be counted as COVID-19 related deaths regardless of whether they're counted now or later.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

The issue with the death rates you post is that they take into account only confirmed cases.

We know that lots of people who have been infected have not been tested/confirmed and that lots of people get the virus by are asymptomatic or only suffer minor symptoms.  A university in Europe using data from the UK's Lancet medical journal has come out with a study that suggest only about 6% of people in the world who have contracted COVID-19 have actually been confirmed.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-covid-average-actual-infections-worldwide.html

Guess what happens to your numbers of this is so? Divide 3.77% by 10 or 20 to get an idea.

Of course, which is why I said his 99.9% number may prove to be true after everyone has been infected. 

However, I'm living with current facts from my DPH and not what people like Blueliner on social media suggests. 

Downplay down play down play. Trump puppets. xD

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course, which is why I said his 99.9% number may prove to be true after everyone has been infected. 

However, I'm living with current facts from my DPH and not what people like Blueliner on social media suggests. 

Downplay down play down play. Trump puppets. xD

Sadly, your DPH is at the very end of the trough of BS eating the nastiness that these crappy models have created, which have you hiding under your bed convinced that Armageddon is upon us. Wouldn’t it be “funny” if I was right. Which I am BTW.
99. 99 <~here’s another one for that dipshit to add to his spam collection...what a fucking unemployed loser🤣.

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Wouldn’t it be “funny” if I was right. Which I am BTW.

You being right about something, ANYthing, wouldn't be funny. It would be miraculous.

👇

On 3/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, Blueliner said:

So it’s all about cases until people actually start dying by the thousands...which isn’t going happen. “Cases” are what sells the fear and subsequent hysteria. 

💩

• Haha 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I was gonna say that his track record on this so far is found wanting, but, let it go. 

LOL! Whatever. Pretty sure my track record is dead on.  I'm right...and will continue to be proven right as time goes on. Now, go get your widdow bwanky and get back under the bed and let the real fighting Americans get our asses back to work and save this country that the left/media has completely FUCKED. These are the people that you associated yourself with...Great job.