Best HS Football programs by state

Sammyswordsman

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep. Some of the board went nuts when I said DLS has the coaching advantage over NS this year. I can’t think of any staff in the country that does more with less. They can play with anybody in the country for 4 quarters. DLS  O line might average 250-260 lbs on a good year? They don’t mess around up there. I hate those guys but respect the hell out of them.

Yep, they are probably going to be badly out-manned, and they are probably going to be in the game for four quarters.

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

I won't disagree with that.   I remember that dropped pass too, felt bad for the DLS kid.   At the time though DLS was running California and we had Pops claiming that DLS was #1 in the galaxy that year.       

He's stupid I was at that game Trinity also fumbled inside the 10-yard line DLS recovered. Trinity was up by 12pts 6 minutes  to go in that game. That running back for DLS  hit  on a big 80-yard pass play that drew them within five points in that game late.  ET dominated the 2nd half of that game including a 98yd drive with only 2 passes.  If they were that much better they should have won and it should have been easier. Trinity won the game. He's a nutjob for a reason.  They were ranked #1 in the Country went back to Cali and dominated.  ET would have destroyed those teams

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep. Some of the board went nuts when I said DLS has the coaching advantage over NS this year. I can’t think of any staff in the country that does more with less. They can play with anybody in the country for 4 quarters. DLS  O line might average 250-260 lbs on a good year? They don’t mess around up there. I hate those guys but respect the hell out of them.

Of course you can’t you’re a homer. 

I’ll take coach kay at NS.   He’s won 3 out of the last 5 SC in only 6 seasons.  He’s done alright. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Of course you can’t you’re a homer. 

I’ll take coach kay at NS.   He’s won 3 out of the last 5 SC in only 6 seasons.  He’s done alright. 

Sounds great.

I said nobody does more with less than DLS, you’re saying Kay at NS does. Let’s take a look at *some* of the players Kay has to find a way to win with. 

Last year coach Kay rolled out on the field with:

SENIORS:

No. 1 player in your state & top RB in the country Zach Evans, tackle Damien George that signed with bama,  MLB Corey Flagg signed with University of Miami, Joseph Wilson DB signed with K State, John Gentry RB signed with Utah, another DB Upton Stout to UNT, Caleb James DT signed with RICE, ILB Matthew Roberts is waiting to sign but offers incl. Texas A&M,  West Virginia, K State, BYU, Kansas etc per 247., Ismael Fuller WR signed with Houston Baptist U, Zorhan Rideux WR signed with Angelo state U, Roger Hagan signs to TAMU-Kingsville, Perry Wells signs with midwestern state, Marcus Cockrell unsigned but offers incl. Angelo state, Henderson state, Judson, ETBU,  Safety Jordan Polart offers incl. Sam Houston & Houston Baptist, Jermaine Caldwell OLB McMurray University, Julian Nava DL Buena Vista University. 
I probably missed some but you get the point. 

UNDERCLASSMEN:

(Just the high profile guys, bunch more guys in that program with offers)

Demetrius Davis (30+ offers ), sharach banks (30+ offers), Denver Harris #5 overall player in the class of ‘22 (30+ offers), Jaeden Roberts(25+ offers), Edzavier deblaw (5 offers incl. LSU & Tennessee) Charles King (Virginia tech, Utah St, + ) &  ‘22 DL “dominant prospect” Kris Ross according to Tom Lemming.

Go take a look at the DLS roster.

Now that we all get the picture,

I hope Kay hosts some coaching clinics soon after this pandemic is over. How do you win high school games with a team that has 30+ future college football players on it? Maybe he can write a book “How to win a title with one of the most talented HSFB teams in the country”. Of course you think Kay does more with less (your original statement^) you’re a homer. & I really hope the basis of that argument is not because of the player suspensions (got to handle your business) or the injuries they had (every team in the country deals with injuries, they cost MD a title this year)

I stand by my statement that DLS has the coaching advantage in that game. They’ll go to TX (if the game is played) with half the size and half the talent and make that game competitive. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sounds great.

I said nobody does more with less than DLS, you’re saying Kay at NS does. Let’s take a look at *some* of the players Kay has to find a way to win with. 

SENIORS:

No. 1 player in your state & top RB in the country Zach Evans, tackle Damien George that signed with bama,  MLB Corey Flagg signed with University of Miami, Joseph Wilson DB signed with K State, John Gentry RB signed with Utah, another DB Upton Stout to UNT, Caleb James DT signed with RICE, ILB Matthew Roberts is waiting to sign but offers incl. Texas A&M,  West Virginia, K State, BYU, Kansas etc per 247., Ismael Fuller WR signed with Houston Baptist U, Zorhan Rideux WR signed with Angelo state U, Roger Hagan signs to TAMU-Kingsville, Perry Wells signs with midwestern state, Marcus Cockrell unsigned but offers incl. Angelo state, Henderson state, Judson, ETBU,  Safety Jordan Polart offers incl. Sam Houston & Houston Baptist, Jermaine Caldwell OLB McMurray University, Julian Nava DL Buena Vista University. 

UNDERCLASSMEN:

Demetrius Davis (30+ offers ), sharach banks (30+ offers), Denver Harris #5 overall player in the class of ‘22 (30+ offers), Jaeden Roberts(25+ offers), Edzavier deblaw (5 offers incl. LSU & Tennessee) Charles King (Virginia tech, Utah St, + ) &  ‘22 DL “dominant prospect” Kris Ross according to Tom Lemming.

I hope Kay hosts some coaching clinics soon after this pandemic is over. How do you win high school games with a team that has 30+ future college football players on it? Maybe he can write a book “How to win a title with one of the most talented HSFB teams in the country”. Of course you think Kay does more with less (your original statement^) you’re a homer. & I really hope the basis of that argument is not because of the player suspensions (got to handle your business) or the injuries they had (every team in the country deals with injuries, they cost MD a title this year)

I stand by my statement that DLS has the coaching advantage in that game. They’ll go to TX (if the game is played) with half the size and half the talent and make that game competitive. 

How closely if all would you relate them to the Katy Tigers? Roster wise, Coaching wise.

On account of them being one of the more consistent teams to actually keep it competitive during North Shore’s (2018 - present) run.

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sounds great.

SENIORS:

UNDERCLASSMEN:

He came to Texas the last time and lost to a coach coaching his 1St HS game, whose trinity team had less talent than DLS and brought back 5 starters.  😂. You guys are delusional and full of yourselves most of the time.  

do you diminish Negro and Rollins wins and coaching abilities because they have talent?  BTW, NS won the SC without 2 of their best players: shadrach banks (WR) who missed most of the season and Evans at RB. 

NS will win comfortably.  DLS is no better than Katy and the program is about on the same level.  They’ll be bent over grabbing their waists from exhaustion by the 3d quarter 

16 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The DLS offensive line cliche is probably the most overrated aspect of the "they're the best program in the country" argument.

The real genius of Lad and that program is keeping things simple and not trying to out-think the room. Having a bunch of 225 lbs kids with wrestling backgrounds is not a disadvantage. Or if it's a "disadvantage" it's like the one that David had vs. Goliath. Advantageous disadvantage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

If they were that much better they should have won and it should have been easier.

It was the season-opener on the road in extreme heat/humidity and with a 90-minute weather delay.

And DLS still almost won and really only lost because of a fluke fumble return by a stumbling defensive lineman.

Only a blind man can't see the implications of all that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They were ranked #1 in the Country went back to Cali and dominated.  ET would have destroyed those teams

They lost to 7-5 South Grand Prairie.

They weren't very good.

Stop trying to boost your fragile self-esteem through the overrating of Texas high school teams. It's pathetic.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It was the season-opener on the road in extreme heat/humidity and with a 90-minute weather delay.

And DLS still almost won and really only lost because of a fluke fumble return by a stumbling defensive lineman.

Only a blind man can't see the implications of all that.

DLS was playing a 1st HC in his 1st game with 5 starters returning.  😂 

You guys are clowns.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DLS was playing a 1st HC in his 1st game with 5 starters returning.  😂 

Who cares?

He was an assistant at Trinity for like 15 years before that.

The difference here between you and me is that the stuff that I said was relevant and actually mattered.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Guru said:

Who cares?

He was an assistant at Trinity for like 15 years before that.

The difference here between you and me is that the stuff that I said was relevant and actually mattered.

experience matters.  He was an assistant to line weaver, which means he was taking cues from him for 15 years.  He hasn’t come close to duplicating lineweavers success.      

the weather delay, and playing a season opener are all things that affected BOTH teams.  😂 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

experience matters.  He was an assistant to line weaver, which means he was taking cues from him for 15 years.  He hasn’t come close to duplicating lineweavers success.

It was the first game after Lineweaver left. There was a lot of residual effects as there always is in those cases.

And the new head coach was a former assistant who the kids knew well.

Stop trying to make excuses for why Trinity ultimately stunk and was lucky to win that game.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

the weather delay, and playing a season opener are all things that affected BOTH teams.  😂 

The weather delay affects the team playing on the road in another state way more than the home team.

And if you've ever experienced the conditions that DLS usually plays in you'd understand the kind of disadvantage they had that night.

All of this hand-wringing for a team that lost to South Grand Prairie.

Good lord these Texas are needy and lame.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The weather delay affects the team playing on the road in another state way more than the home team.

And if you've ever experienced the conditions that DLS usually plays in you'd understand the kind of disadvantage they had that night.

All of this hand-wringing for a team that lost to South Grand Prairie.

Good lord these Texas are needy and lame.

It affects the team the most that is least prepared and conditioned to handle a delay.  Bottomline, they both had to adjust to a delay.  For the ET kids playing near midnight  affected their bio rhythm, their bodies were ready to turn in for the night, not play a physical, mentally challenging game. 

you myopically like to only see things from your biased view, I’ve brought up other factors without one-sided interpretation.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

It affects the team the most that is least prepared and conditioned to handle a delay.  Bottomline, they both had to adjust to a delay.

This attempt to dismiss real issues affecting the road team is pitiful.

You people are so insecure about Texas that it's mid-boggling. 

Just now, The Guru said:

This attempt to dismiss real issues affecting the road team is pitiful.

You people are so insecure about Texas that it's mid-boggling. 

I’m not dismissing anything.  They both had to adjust. You’re just woefully ignorant and biased. 

you’re desperate need to be heard is so obvious, go earn some money and stop BSing on here.  

5 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

How closely if all would you relate them to the Katy Tigers? Roster wise, Coaching wise.

On account of them being one of the more consistent teams to actually keep it competitive during North Shore’s (2018 - present) run.

Pretty close. I think that is the match up that makes a ton of sense between California & Texas and I hope we get it soon. If NS takes care of business they’ll win comfortably at home but if they have some players out and make some mistakes like last year against Katy, DLS can squeak a win out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Pretty close. I think that is the match up that makes a ton of sense between California & Texas and I hope we get it soon. If NS takes care of business they’ll win comfortably at home but if they have some players out and make some mistakes like last year against Katy, DLS can squeak a win out. 

Katy coach isn't interested in OOS, it should have been them vs DLS to begin with either that or playing SJP instead of shadow creek. 

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

He came to Texas the last time and lost to a coach coaching his 1St HS game, whose trinity team had less talent than DLS and brought back 5 starters.  😂. You guys are delusional and full of yourselves most of the time.  

do you diminish Negro and Rollins wins and coaching abilities because they have talent?  BTW, NS won the SC without 2 of their best players: shadrach banks (WR) who missed most of the season and Evans at RB

NS will win comfortably.  DLS is no better than Katy and the program is about on the same level.  They’ll be bent over grabbing their waists from exhaustion by the 3d quarter 

No I don’t, but I’d also never make the argument that Rollo & Negro were doing more with less like you said Kay was. I’m not dismissing the job Kay has done at NS either. Back to back big boy titles is impressive & if we were talking about the best overall staff I can see where you’d be coming from. His roster is absolutely loaded with studs, gets his fair share of transfers to come in, and is in one of the most talent rich areas in the country. Just a way different situation than at DLS. I don’t understand the argument of Kay doing more with less at all.  Kay might not have the funding $ he’d like at NS but I can’t think of much else. (He might get all the funding he needs I have no clue) Facilities look nice, stadium is awesome, & has all the talent in Houston at his disposal. Great coach but there are a bunch of guys that can win with 30+ studs (Biff poggi 💩)  You said they played without Evans in the title game due to discipline reasons, Utah signee comes in and does a great job to contribute towards a title. Not so hard to send the all American home when you have another stud behind him that can get the job done. These programs don’t rebuild they reload and NS is the same. NS is sending 15-16 seniors to play in college somewhere this year and the junior and sophomore classes might be more loaded than this past senior class. The guy working with arguably the most talented roster in Texas is not operating with any disadvantages and would probably be the first to tell you he’s not doing more less but that he’s doing a whole bunch with a ton of talent.

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Katy coach isn't interested in OOS, it should have been them vs DLS to begin with either that or playing SJP instead of shadow creek. 

Yeah that’s unfortunate but I get why some coaches don’t feel the need to leave their state. He’s won his fair share of titles without leaving so it’s obviously it’s working out well for them. Katy/DLS just seems like a natural match up to me that would pack the house at either school. 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not dismissing anything.  They both had to adjust. You’re just woefully ignorant and biased. 

Trinity was at home and was the underdog. So the circumstances regarding the weather and delays were normal for them. What did they have to adjust to?

Any wrench throw into the situation generally improves the chances of the underdog.

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No I don’t, but I’d also never make the argument that Rollo & Negro were doing more with less like you said Kay was. I’m not dismissing the job Kay has done at NS either. Back to back big boy titles is impressive & if we were talking about the best overall staff I can see where you’d be coming from. His roster is absolutely loaded with studs, gets his fair share of transfers to come in, and is in one of the most talent rich areas in the country. Just a way different situation than at DLS. I don’t understand the argument of Kay doing more with less at all.  Kay might not have the funding $ he’d like at NS but I can’t think of much else. (He might get all the funding he needs I have no clue) Facilities look nice, stadium is awesome, & has all the talent in Houston at his disposal. Great coach but there are a bunch of guys that can win with 30+ studs (Biff poggi 💩)  You said they played without Evans in the title game due to discipline reasons, Utah signee comes in and does a great job to contribute towards a title. Not so hard to send the all American home when you have another stud behind him that can get the job done. These programs don’t rebuild they reload and NS is the same. NS is sending 15-16 seniors to play in college somewhere this year and the junior and sophomore classes might be more loaded than this past senior class. The guy working with arguably the most talented roster in Texas is not operating with any disadvantages and would probably be the first to tell you he’s not doing more less but that he’s doing a whole bunch with a ton of talent.

Yeah that’s unfortunate but I get why some coaches don’t feel the need to leave their state. He’s won his fair share of titles without leaving so it’s obviously it’s working out well for them. Katy/DLS just seems like a natural match up to me that would pack the house at either school. 

I’m not discounting your statement about DLS coach doing more with less, I’m discounting your idea he has the coaching adv.  

• Like 1

Just now, The Guru said:

Trinity was at home and was the underdog. So the circumstances regarding the weather and delays were normal for them. What did they have to adjust to?

Any wrench throw into the situation generally improves the chances of the underdog.

The weather delay was not “normal” for them,  neither was playing at midnight , especially for a game 1.

you’re being obtuse, I think on purpose.  Both teams were impacted by the weather delay.   

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

His roster is absolutely loaded with studs, gets his fair share of transfers to come in, and is in one of the most talent rich areas in the country. Just a way different situation than at DLS. I don’t understand the argument of Kay doing more with less at all.  Kay might not have the funding $ he’d like at NS but I can’t think of much else.

The reason Kay is never talked about among the great coaches is the simple fact that he's got all this "talent" and his defense is straight trash.

Now offense is a different animal altogether. It's possible to be talented and employ a system that isn't as efficient of successful as others.

But to have good athletes all over the place and be that bad at defense is squarely on the scheming/coaching.

• Like 1