St Joes Prep/Philly

sausmann9

12 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Honest, realistic post. To add to this the  DC area is worst in America now.  PG County 13,000+ cases, Montgomery County 10,000+ cases, Fairfax County, 9,000+ cases, etc.  Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed) and hospitals have only now begun non emergency cases.

Then I read about similarly struck L. A. and the thought occurs to me that part of America really doesn’t understand what is happening elsewhere.

I think part of America will see early Fall games with almost empty stands and other parts will have parents pulling their kids back from playing for fear of contact and bringing the virus home.  This last point is huge.

Vote red next time and you too can enjoy the luxuries of going to restaurants, playing golf, outdoor rec activities, and football beginning in June.

Georgia has seen a 38% decline in hospitalizations since reopening at the beginning of the month. I'm glad our government refused to be swayed by the democrats spearheading this economic shutdown.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, sausmann9 said:

Shadow Creek going to catch them off guard; watch.  Philly area still in redzone quarantine until at least june 5-`2 sometime.  then another 2 - 4 weeks to hopefully come off that into the green zone.  then they can begin practicing.  Might be mid July before they get together as a team.  Hopefully they play a full season.  its still very fucked up around the Philly area w/ COVID.  

Texas schools are not allowed to start summer strength and Conditioning until June 8th.   This is with social distancing 

They are also allowed 60 min to work football specific drills/practice per day (no pads)

No 7 on 7 - no offense vs defense drills 

must somehow try to social distance in everything they do.

16 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Major shopping centers (I.e. 300 store Tyson’s Corner are still closed)

Tysons is open now, I don't know how many individual stores are open though. 10 customer limit per store.

TBH the "hot spots" are very localized in specific neighborhoods (and nursing homes!).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

Texas schools are not allowed to start summer strength and Conditioning until June 8th.   This is with social distancing 

They are also allowed 60 min to work football specific drills/practice per day (no pads)

No 7 on 7 - no offense vs defense drills 

must somehow try to social distance in everything they do.

LMAO - tackling drills and man-to-man coverage become something of a struggle now.

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Without an enforcer there to oversee the practices, I'd be willing to bet that many teams will be practicing as usual.

I don’t know about that as you may not have UIL enforcers running about but you do have snitches running around from rival schools etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1