The radical right....

DBP66

GoFundMe shut down Candace Owens' account for attacking George Floyd's character, saying she spread 'falsehoods against the black community'

acollman@businessinsider.com (Ashley Collman)
Business Insider‎June‎ ‎8‎, ‎2020‎ ‎6‎:‎47‎ ‎AM

Read full articleGoFundMe on Sunday suspended the conservative commentator Candace Owens from its platform.

Owens' account was suspended after raising more than $200,000 for an Alabama bar whose co-owner called George Floyd a "thug."

In a statement, GoFundMe said Owens "spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community."

Last Friday, Owens also told the conservative radio host Glenn Beck: "The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me." President Donald Trump later shared that message on Twitter.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

GoFundMe suspended the conservative activist Candace Owens from its platform on Sunday after she raised more than $200,000 for an Alabama business whose co-owner called George Floyd a "thug."

In a statement on Sunday, GoFundMe accused Owens of making "falsehoods against the black community," according to The Daily Beast.

The more than $200,000 that was raised for the Parkside Cafe in Birmingham, Alabama, will still be transferred to the bar, however.

"GoFundMe has suspended the account associated with Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis," the company said in a statement. "These actions violate our terms of service."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

GoFundMe shut down Candace Owens' account for attacking George Floyd's character, saying she spread 'falsehoods against the black community'

Read full articleGoFundMe on Sunday suspended the conservative commentator Candace Owens from its platform.

Owens' account was suspended after raising more than $200,000 for an Alabama bar whose co-owner called George Floyd a "thug."

In a statement, GoFundMe said Owens "spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community."

Last Friday, Owens also told the conservative radio host Glenn Beck: "The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me." President Donald Trump later shared that message on Twitter.

GoFundMe suspended the conservative activist Candace Owens from its platform on Sunday after she raised more than $200,000 for an Alabama business whose co-owner called George Floyd a "thug."

In a statement on Sunday, GoFundMe accused Owens of making "falsehoods against the black community," according to The Daily Beast.

The more than $200,000 that was raised for the Parkside Cafe in Birmingham, Alabama, will still be transferred to the bar, however.

"GoFundMe has suspended the account associated with Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis," the company said in a statement. "These actions violate our terms of service."

She's a fraud and disgrace.

... team trump needs her though.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, RedZone said:

She's a fraud and disgrace.

... team trump needs her though.

she's more popular with white Americans it seems??...that should tell you all you need to know about her....the Trump clown posse here loves her!....:$

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That’s sick that they would suspend someone for their political beliefs. That’s a slippery slope. Where does discrimination come into play? Religion and sexual orientation are choices the same as choosing your political ideology. Sounds like they need to update the discrimination laws. 

And what falsehoods did she say about the black community? And are companies going to practice the art of fact checking every consumer and base their business dealing on how accurate they think they are? 

This is disgusting behavior 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

That’s sick that they would suspend someone for their political beliefs. That’s a slippery slope. Where does discrimination come into play? Religion and sexual orientation are choices the same as choosing your political ideology. Sounds like they need to update the discrimination laws. 

And what falsehoods did she say about the black community? And are companies going to practice the art of fact checking every consumer and base their business dealing on how accurate they think they are? 

yea..she sure is disgusting….:$

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

yea..she sure is disgusting….:$

You left wingers sure are critical of an independent black woman who has made a success thinking outside the box and challenging her own race to do the same. 

A lot of people are just comfortable with the staid quo. Most people in general don’t like change. We are all creatures of habit. Her main points is to challenge black Americans to the democrat practices that have largely dictated how black America lives through policies in largely black communities. 

Also it’s Pretty ironic that people yearn for change for the better but shut down any debate in regards to it 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I would never, ever, as a self respecting man of color, make my living the way this horrible woman has. She is a total disgrace to the all people of African descent. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Since when do you care about the underscored items above? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I would never, ever, as a self respecting man of color, make my living the way this horrible woman has. She is a total disgrace to the all people of African descent. 

I guess her passion for real change for the black community falls on deaf ears because she advocating with a conservative lens. 

So she is radical, crazy, dangerous etc. hope your guys’ rhetoric doesn’t get her killed 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You left wingers sure are critical of an independent black woman who has made a success thinking outside the box and challenging her own race to do the same. 

A lot of people are just comfortable with the staid quo. Most people in general don’t like change. We are all creatures of habit. Her main points is to challenge black Americans to the democrat practices that have largely dictated how black America lives through policies in largely black communities. 

Also it’s Pretty ironic that people yearn for change for the better but shut down any debate in regards to it 

she makes a living out of selling her soul IMO...why else would Trump quote her??….:$

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Since when do you care about the underscored items above? 

It’s principle. Why are there laws against discrimination for other choices like sexual orientation, identity and religion but not political ideology? 

There is massive amounts of discrimination against conservatives in tech, social media, college campuses, etc. you would think the people who stood up to these injustices against their groups they would support all groups who are discriminated against 

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I guess her passion for real change for the black community falls on deaf ears because she advocating with a conservative lens. 

So she is radical, crazy, dangerous etc. hope your guys’ rhetoric doesn’t get her killed 

You mean her passion for her pocket book. Yes, the Benjamins' not change for minority communities!!

• Like 1

Can you quote one her most egregious lies? If she lies so much it should be easy to pick anyone out 

her lies??...I don't know if she's a liar...didn't say she was...but she did say this "Last Friday, Owens also told the conservative radio host Glenn Beck: "The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me." …..why would a women of color say something so dumb??...you seem to understand her logic....she's not in touch with reality IMO.

…"Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis"...:$

• Like 1

What gives you that impression? And even if that were true what is the difference than anyone who became prominent?

Personal life

Owens is of Caribbean American heritage.[95]

In early 2019, three weeks after they met, Owens became engaged on a Facetime call to George Farmer of England.[96][17] He is an Oxford University graduate, works in a hedge fund, and is the son of Lord Farmer, a British peer, Conservative Party member of the House of Lords, and businessman.[96][97][17] On August 31, 2019, she and Farmer married.

Married a Lord. What really pisses me off is that she, like me, is of Caribbean heritage. I am sure her family is ashamed. Darn gold digger!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

she's more popular with white Americans it seems??...that should tell you all you need to know about her....the Trump clown posse here loves her!....:$

Kinda like you love Cajun, the racist who calls black men NBombs... How ironic...

Ill stick with Candice who drops truth bombs and you stick with the racist Cajun...

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Kinda like you love Cajun, the racist who calls black men NBombs... How ironic...

Ill stick with Candice who drops truth bombs and you stick with the racist Cajun...

yea...you seem to be as smart as Candice is Russel...O.o

50 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Personal life

Owens is of Caribbean American heritage.[95]

In early 2019, three weeks after they met, Owens became engaged on a Facetime call to George Farmer of England.[96][17] He is an Oxford University graduate, works in a hedge fund, and is the son of Lord Farmer, a British peer, Conservative Party member of the House of Lords, and businessman.[96][97][17] On August 31, 2019, she and Farmer married.

Married a Lord. What really pisses me off is that she, like me, is of Caribbean heritage. I am sure her family is ashamed. Darn gold digger!!

I get your frustration. All the fine chocolate brothas out there, she picks some square ass white cornball mother fucker who is lame as hell with no swag who can’t dance and doesn’t season his food. 

Smdh 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I get your frustration. All the fine chocolate brothas out there, she picks some square ass white cornball mother fucker who is lame as hell with no swag who can’t dance and doesn’t season his food. 

Smdh 

what a dumb-ass red neck response ^....f*in moron...:$

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Smdh 

It's not about that at all. If she had chosen a progressive white man I would have no problem with it. But it's pretty clear: she's all for the money. Get paid, get paid, get paid! Sellout!

• Like 1