Elite 11 QBs announced

Ga96

19 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Listen to Dilfer say 75% of the decision was made off of junior year tape and 25% was based on performance at the camp.  Yikes. Seems like the champion was chosen before it even started haha. Caleb finished 10th in the pro day workout and didn’t even crack the top 10 in today’s target challenge but won the MVP 🤷‍♂️. Last year CJ stroud needed a perfect 50 to win the event and Williams won it with a 34 😂 I’m definitely not saying Moss should’ve won MVP but 10 QB’s did not outperform him this weekend. Was this the elite 11 or who they like on tape? Miller balled this weekend, 4th in the pro day, finished the target challenge with 10 straight dimes. I’m ready for some real 🏈 

6303DD3D-11F0-4381-9B46-84185F9B52AB.jpeg

308A562E-1A23-4ACA-8C11-27C815D1C0F8.jpeg

6B811DDC-9F9E-4495-8197-469F23589398.jpeg

I thought they were basing the results strictly off the workout. What's the point of even having this event if 75% was dependent on real games? I don't seem to understand their logic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I thought they were basing the results strictly off the workout. What's the point of even having this event if 75% was dependent on real games? I don't seem to understand their logic.

Exactly. Finishing in the top 5 in the 2 most important events of the “competition” but can’t get ranked in the top 10? That’s rough. Williams is elite and I really don’t have a problem calling him QB1 for the 2021 class but he was not the best this weekend. There are really good MVP arguments for McCord, Vandagriff & Ty Thompson who outperformed everyone else this weekend IMO.

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

All I'm going to say is Carlos Del Rio did not disappoint.   The final rankings mostly decided by junior film, it is what it is. 

What's funny is he somehow dropped in the rankings during quarantine.   SMH. 

Del Rio balled. Made an NFL throw last night on a rope that was the best toss I had seen from anyone the entire weekend. 

EED6EE47-B2FB-4F0A-B3E7-10FE8A7F4E77.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah Dilfer should’ve never made that comment. Silly 

It's always been like that though.   Usually more of a 50/50 thing though.     There's always 2-3 guys in the running and maybe one crazy performance could get a kid the MVP, but that is happening less and less.   Everything is too subjective.   

52 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Del Rio balled. Made an NFL throw last night on a rope that was the best toss I had seen from anyone the entire weekend. 

EED6EE47-B2FB-4F0A-B3E7-10FE8A7F4E77.jpeg

Del Rio really surprised me. Especially having seen him play in big game situations (2017 semis and 2019 quarters) and him not really impress. He proved me wrong and changed my mind. He can work on his overconfidence, but last night, he backed it up. Great improvement from Del Rio.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Carlos Del Rio surprised me the most. Having beaten him twice on the field, I didn't have a high opinion, but he seems to be reaching a new level in his development that can help him be successful at Grayson. Solid outing by Miller Moss from Mater Dei, and I think he has the potential to be the spark that MD needs to beat Bosco and run the table. Heard a lot of hype for KSalt, but I wouldn't say he quite lived up to it. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't amazing either. Dematrius Davis has honestly been somewhat disappointing. He seems to be a beast on the field, but not so much off. He needs a strong showing tomorrow to even end up in the top 10. Fun day, and I look forward to tuning in tomorrow.

Did not think he was going to show out that well honestly.  Great player but I think his performance surprised some people (including me). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...