New COVID-19 cases now compared to NY at peak

BigDrop

The yellow line is NY dating to March.  The blue line and all of the lines beneath it are other American states and their explosive rise dating to late May/early June when Ttump pushed governors to open states up.  Too early.

The near vertical ascent of NY is matched by AZ, FL, SC, etc.

America has 25% of all the virus on earth and 4% of the population.

And we have Trump.  They don’t.  He’s killing us.

F5777C09-D6FE-4C2B-9C41-7E942EC5DCF0.jpeg

• Like 1

I saw this too....and it's amazing to me being from N.Y....I know the fear these people are living with now and it shouldn't be this way. Why didn't the country learn from N.Y.??...the template was there?...but we had ZERO leadership and no national plan and a dopey Pres. who disputes our leading Dr.'s....this is what happens when you have a guy in charge who has no clue what he's doing and wings it every day!...the world must be laughing at us!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

I saw this too....and it's amazing to me being from N.Y....I know the fear these people are living with now and it shouldn't be this way. Why didn't the country learn from N.Y.??...the template was there?...but we had ZERO leadership and no national plan and a dopey Pres. who disputes our leading Dr.'s....this is what happens when you have a guy in charge who has no clue what he's doing and wings it every day!...the world must be laughing at us!

😭😭😭👶👶👶👶 You're vaginal itch never stops ❄

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, BigDrop said:

The yellow line is NY dating to March.  The blue line and all of the lines beneath it are other American states and their explosive rise dating to late May/early June when Ttump pushed governors to open states up.  Too early.

The near vertical ascent of NY is matched by AZ, FL, SC, etc.

America has 25% of all the virus on earth and 4% of the population.

And we have Trump.  They don’t.  He’s killing us.

F5777C09-D6FE-4C2B-9C41-7E942EC5DCF0.jpeg

Nobody cares anymore

Were gonna live our lives. 

People are done being locked up in their homes. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nobody cares anymore

I am not nobody and I care. I am not going to put my life at risk. I will live my life when it is safe to do so. It will be safe when one of the following happens: 1. We have an effective treatment. 2. We have an effective vaccine. 3. The virus ravages us to the point where it eventually goes away. 

If it means locking down for three months, six months or a year, I will do that. Thank God I can afford to. My heart goes out to those that would like to but can't afford to. For those who choose to be careless, I implore you to think again. But if you go on with carelessness, all I can say is, you are big men and women, so if you choose to die, it's on you. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I am not nobody and I care. I am not going to put my life at risk. I will live my life when it is safe to do so. It will be safe when one of the following happens: 1. We have an effective treatment. 2. We have an effective vaccine. 3. The virus ravages us to the point where it eventually goes away. 

If it means locking down for three months, six months or a year, I will do that. Thank God I can afford to. My heart goes out to those that would like to but can't afford to. For those who choose to be careless, I implore you to think again. But if you go on with carelessness, all I can say is, you are big men and women, so if you choose to die, it's on you. 

Ok but thats you. More and more people do not care. People do not want to lose their businesses and homes because they are not getting paid. 

Domestic violence has been on the rise for months. I can only imagine the suicide rate if that's gone higher.

People need a purpose and people really miss going to work. And many people want to return to work. Kids want to go back to school. 

We take risks daily. Youve given the same post a thousand times. For u personally dont ever leave ur house. Ever. But there are millions of people who are out and doing what they need to do. Now we gotta get jobs back so millions of more people can go back to work

People die daily. The majority of people do not either know the person who died and so continue to live their lives. Even if you know the person who dies you don't stop ur life. You move on 

Over 90% of people live. Ill take a 9 out of 10 chance of living. 

30 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ok but thats you. More and more people do not care. People do not want to lose their businesses and homes because they are not getting paid. 

Domestic violence has been on the rise for months. I can only imagine the suicide rate if that's gone higher.

People need a purpose and people really miss going to work. And many people want to return to work. Kids want to go back to school. 

We take risks daily. Youve given the same post a thousand times. For u personally dont ever leave ur house. Ever. But there are millions of people who are out and doing what they need to do. Now we gotta get jobs back so millions of more people can go back to work

People die daily. The majority of people do not either know the person who died and so continue to live their lives. Even if you know the person who dies you don't stop ur life. You move on 

Over 90% of people live. Ill take a 9 out of 10 chance of living. 

That's pretty damn ironic. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I have my opinion and you have yours. Because I saved and traded diligently, I have no mortgage and don't need to work. Yes, under normal circumstances I would take on a project or two, but it is not necessary for my survival. And, for that, I give thanks and praises to the most high!!

My wife was at home for sometime due to Covid. It did not lead to domestic violence or even discord. If people are so damn f@#d up they can't stand to be around each other, then they need to get help. Not sure if there is anything else I can add. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

That's pretty damn ironic. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I have my opinion and you have yours. Because I saved and traded diligently, I have no mortgage and don't need to work. Yes, under normal circumstances I would take on a project or two, but it is not necessary for my survival. And, for that, I give thanks and praises to the most high!!

My wife was at home for sometime due to Covid. It did not lead to domestic violence or even discord. If people are so damn f@#d up they can't stand to be around each other, then they need to get help. Not sure if there is anything else I can add. 

It wasn't a criticism. It was a more of an impasse. Because of our own opinions. The argument can't go any further than what we have discussed 

Well its been documented that domestic violence is on the rise. Yes in America when you put a couple together for a significant amount of time they have a tendency to beat the hell outta each other esp after drinking which btw is going through the roof in terms of alcohol sales and such. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, HSFBfan said:

It wasn't a criticism. It was a more of an impasse. Because of our own opinions. The argument can't go any further than what we have discussed 

Well its been documented that domestic violence is on the rise. Yes in America when you put a couple together for a significant amount of time they have a tendency to beat the hell outta each other esp after drinking which btw is going through the roof in terms of alcohol sales and such. 

My wife and I had our 24 year wedding anniversary on Tuesday.  For the first 17 years I travelled 125-150 days a year including 30-40 days a year in Europe (business).  My wife had her own career as a program support manager for the National Science Foundation. She is ferociously independent.

In 2013 I joined her in retirement.  We have been together almost every day since then including being virtually locked in 24 hours a day since the first week of March or so.

I love being with her and I think (!) she feels the same about me.

Perhaps the irony of this is that for all of my travel (she went with me 20+ days a year) we love sitting home but dearly miss the “option” of going out.

She also has her own 55” television along with a 24 inch monitor, iPad and iPhone.  And 500+ television channels.

We also share the same values and, in 27 years together, have never gone to bed without resolving an argument. Also, this is important, too:  that which is really important for her is typically easy for me to go along with and vice versa.  

But....she hates football and German soccer and doesn’t drink wine.  I have half to 2/3 a bottle a day.  Biggest disappointment was when she told me that she could no longer wear five inch heels....

And she can’t stand Trump either😁which makes up for a lot. 

I am incredibly lucky.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, HSFBfan said:

Nobody cares anymore

And that's why all of the European countries have this under control (and are fully going back to normal), and why all of SE Asia nuked this from the start...oh, wait, no it's why this country is out-of-control and things as simple as wearing a mask have become a political issue.

You and your nihilist screeds need to go to a therapist man, get your hatred of the world figured out. It's not 1950, no matter how much you wish it were.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, HSFBfan said:

So you care about a hypothetical domestic violence incident (nobody is going to dispute that the numbers are likely going up there), but you seemingly don't care about 130,000+ people dead and states such as FL, TX, and AZ setting records for their daily death rates?

That doesn't make much sense but okay dude, whatever.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:07 AM, DarterBlue said:

Unfortunately I can't afford to... 

But I wear my facemask and wash my hands

• Like 2