Roberts just very possibly ruled against trump for tax returns

HSFBfan

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

the ruling is about to officially break

John roberts once again rules against trump 

This is for the case with the Manhatten DA

7-2 so it wasn't close 

The other one is with congress 

To me it's pretty clear Roberts has turned against Trump. That's the only way I can understand some of his recent votes. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

To me it's pretty clear Roberts has turned against Trump. That's the only way I can understand some of his recent votes. 

I agree. He did fall and hit his head last month. Maybe he has some cognitive issues due to the fall. Not making a slight or fun of it. Just a plausible assumption 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree. He did fall and hit his head last month. Maybe he has some cognitive issues due to the fall. Not making a slight or fun of it. Just a plausible assumption 

So, you think the fall may have swayed him to go full liberal? I don't think so, but who knows. I think he just does not care for Trump and that some of his decisions have been influenced by this. 

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

So, you think the fall may have swayed him to go full liberal? I don't think so, but who knows. I think he just does not care for Trump and that some of his decisions have been influenced by this. 

Which he really should be thrown off the bench then. Justice is supposed to be blind. Your supposed to look at the case and look at precdent and make a decision. If your making a decision based on love or hate of a certain person you should not be a judge lawyer etc. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually both of these rulings were spot on IMO. While I'm sure the SDNY is still going on a fishing expedition, they at least provided a specific charge/case for requesting the info. IIRC, they're doing a tax fraud case on one of his buildings or something. Hence, they're legally entitled to that information. 

Congress' request was a joke from the start, and was rightfully smacked down as being far too broad. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

This will upset some here, but as a centrist we need the Supreme Court to rule partisan free... some are predictable votes but it needs to remain neutral and free of the garbage partisan thinking that has infected everything. 

bgw

The Supreme Court should not be partisan, but that does not mean the same as centrist.  The Court should follow the law and ultimately the Constitution - no matter whether that takes them left, right or center.

• Thanks 1

It would be incredibly smart for him to release his returns before the last debate. If he is hiding tax fraud then maybe he doesn't but if it's only about his money, then Who Really Gives A Damn if he doesn't have as much money as he claims in liquid assets/accounts. A lot of people pretend they have more money than they do. Same can be said for IQ's. People with agendas will always play unfair... that goes for both parties! 

“I worry about Joe Biden debating Donald Trump,” New York Times opinion columnist Thomas Friedman wrote on Tuesday. Friedman is likely not the only liberal pundit sweating at the prospect. Donald Trump, for all his ineloquence, is a brutal debater, well used to ripping his opponents apart with off-the-cuff insults and jibes. Joe Biden, by contrast, mumbles and fumbles his way even through prepared statements, and often forgets where he is, what he’s talking about, and confuses figures

If Trump confuses figures ''It Is Lying''... Not so with Biden... How fair is that?