2015 Katy vs 2013 Booker T Washington

ChimpGrip

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

For reference 

2012 Katy vs Cedar Hil neutral site.   35-24

2012 BTW on the road Cedar Hill   40-21

Remember 2012 BTW wasn't near as good as 2013.   They got beat by 2 scores to Central (who got smoked by Grayson in Ga)

The teams—2012 and 2015—are three years apart. What the 2012 team did isn’t any way to measure the 2015 group. I was just mentioning that the 2012 Katy team (on the topic of Katy football) was a great team too. 

2012 Katy—who featured maybe the most dominant run game in Texas HS football history—was missing three OL in the Cedar Hill game. I think with them in the game the margin of victory could have been quite a bit greater.

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

The teams—2012 and 2015—are three years apart. What the 2012 team did isn’t any way to measure the 2015 group. I was just mentioning that the 2012 Katy team (on the topic of Katy football) was a great team too. 

2012 Katy—who featured maybe the most dominant run game in Texas HS football history—was missing three OL in the Cedar Hill game. I think with them in the game the margin of victory could have been quite a bit greater.

I thought it was just random that BTW and Katy had a common opponent in 2012 (a year they were both very good).   

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, CaliNorth said:

How do you think they would fare today against these super teams like MD , SJB, SFA etc ?  

I'd take STA and believe me I know how good these teams you mention are. There is no other HS team yet that comes close to those STA teams as far as how those players turned around and made major impacts in college immediately and the into NFL as well which is insanely rare t have been on the same HS team. Does that mean everything about what would have happened in a mythical HS matchup - of course not.  But until another team comes close to what these teams did at subsequent levels I'll take them.  Bernard and White alone are better than any TB those teams have or saw in my opionion and they were in a split backfield - just imagine trying to draft a scheme all the while they had 3 NFL WR's and an NFL QB.  Just look at how good MD has been the last few and I'll bet the farm when we look back in 7-8 years the players wouldn't have come close to this STA team in terms of production at  the next levels. Of course teams like IMG could be similar but these STA teams were disciplined and coached well under Smith.  Just my opinion - def not taking anything away from the teams you mentioned but not sure how anyone could be confident they beat those STA squads .....if anything it would just be anyone's game to win 

9 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

I'd take STA and believe me I know how good these teams you mention are. There is no other HS team yet that comes close to those STA teams as far as how those players turned around and made major impacts in college immediately and the into NFL as well which is insanely rare t have been on the same HS team. Does that mean everything about what would have happened in a mythical HS matchup - of course not.  But until another team comes close to what these teams did at subsequent levels I'll take them.  Bernard and White alone are better than any TB those teams have or saw in my opionion and they were in a split backfield - just imagine trying to draft a scheme all the while they had 3 NFL WR's and an NFL QB.  Just look at how good MD has been the last few and I'll bet the farm when we look back in 7-8 years the players wouldn't have come close to this STA team in terms of production at  the next levels. Of course teams like IMG could be similar but these STA teams were disciplined and coached well under Smith.  Just my opinion - def not taking anything away from the teams you mentioned but not sure how anyone could be confident they beat those STA squads .....if anything it would just be anyone's game to win 

The main reason I would agree with you and give STA a good chance against MD etc. , is mainly that they had a great passing offense . At H.S. level , if you can give the qb some time in pocket , and he is a good passer with good receivers, it is almost impossible to stop . You can stop the run game , or at least minimize it . But H.S. level defensive backs and schemes are not sophisticated enough to stop great passing . The one knock I have always had against STA , talent not withstanding , is that their defense does not live up to the level of talent that they have. Teams can move the ball on them , sometimes in a big way . That Lakeland team that STA destroyed in 2008 was not that good . So it is really hard to compare . I wish I saw the those 08-10 STA and 04-05 Lakeland in person. I did see these MD and SJB juggernauts of recent , and even STA of last season . In my opinion is that STA was not equal to them . So I guess I have to ask , how would STA 19 stack up with STA of 08-10 in your opinion ? 

Personally I would take 2013 Allen over 2015 Katy.Kylar Murray was a huge difference maker at HS level QB position.He was something that a defense would have a difficult time controlling because of his ability to extend plays thus turning a discipline defense into a scrambling one.Allen by a TD

• Like 2

As far as 15 Katy vs 13 BTW To me it would depend on when they played.Early in the season my edge would go to BTW.They were really playing at their best and beating national teams with ease on the road.

Playoff time I might wanna go with Katy.BTW looked liked they had lost a little steam from playing such a difficult schedule and suffering some injuries.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Personally I would take 2013 Allen over 2015 Katy.Kylar Murray was a huge difference maker at HS level QB position.He was something that a defense would have a difficult time controlling because of his ability to extend plays thus turning a discipline defense into a scrambling one.Allen by a TD

Agreed.  

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

This statement always perplexes me.

2017 STA found a way to take SJB to overtime and beat them.

To be fair that St John Bosco team almost lost to Santa Margarita 40-38 and St. John’s College 21-17 after college had already lost to De La Salle.

Probably not the greatest year to be taken to overtime by them.

26 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

To be fair that St John Bosco team almost lost to Santa Margarita 40-38 and St. John’s College 21-17 after college had already lost to De La Salle.

Probably not the greatest year to be taken to overtime by them.

And STA lost to Miramar, Venice, and Centenniel Az.     Not the best year to lose to STA?

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

This statement always perplexes me.

2017 STA found a way to take SJB to overtime and beat them.

First game of season you can always have aberrations . Everyone knows who the better team was . I'm not saying last seasons STA couldn't play with MD or SJB . What I am saying is that according to what I saw , STA last year was a notch below those teams . I know those 08-10 STA teams were special , but how do we gauge that ?  People that follow STA and have personally seen both 19 and 08-10 seasons may better help with the question ? What is your opinion , is last season's STA as good as 08-10 ? 

18 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

The main reason I would agree with you and give STA a good chance against MD etc. , is mainly that they had a great passing offense . At H.S. level , if you can give the qb some time in pocket , and he is a good passer with good receivers, it is almost impossible to stop . You can stop the run game , or at least minimize it . But H.S. level defensive backs and schemes are not sophisticated enough to stop great passing . The one knock I have always had against STA , talent not withstanding , is that their defense does not live up to the level of talent that they have. Teams can move the ball on them , sometimes in a big way . That Lakeland team that STA destroyed in 2008 was not that good . So it is really hard to compare . I wish I saw the those 08-10 STA and 04-05 Lakeland in person. I did see these MD and SJB juggernauts of recent , and even STA of last season . In my opinion is that STA was not equal to them . So I guess I have to ask , how would STA 19 stack up with STA of 08-10 in your opinion ? 

All good points here - and they really did have a great passing game but then had two future NFL pro bowlers in the split backfield to add insult to injury - no HS team has ever had that and I highly doubt it happens again - that's just how insane it is to even make the NFL let alone dominate in it.    BTW I'd say MD a couple  years ago was probably the best team I've seen in the sense of their overall gameplay as unit, etc.  My point was mainly that with the level of proven talent on that STA team I don't think we could say with confidence that any team would beat them rather at best it would be anyone's game.

As far as STA '19 to that 08-10 STA group, I'd say the recent STA teams aren't remotely close - not even same time zone from where I sit ....there's a few STA guys on here that know more about them than I do though so they'd be the best bet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

All good points here - and they really did have a great passing game but then had two future NFL pro bowlers in the split backfield to add insult to injury - no HS team has ever had that and I highly doubt it happens again - that's just how insane it is to even make the NFL let alone dominate in it.    BTW I'd say MD a couple  years ago was probably the best team I've seen in the sense of their overall gameplay as unit, etc.  My point was mainly that with the level of proven talent on that STA team I don't think we could say with confidence that any team would beat them rather at best it would be anyone's game.

As far as STA '19 to that 08-10 STA group, I'd say the recent STA teams aren't remotely close - not even same time zone from where I sit ....there's a few STA guys on here that know more about them than I do though so they'd be the best bet

Good stuff . I agree with you about MD a couple of seasons ago as probably being the best overall, defense and offense . By you saying that STA has never approached  their own greatness of 08-10 , makes me believe  that they were as good as these recent Super teams. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

Yeah We’ll never know but that defense was so good on all levels I think they’d get enough stops to win. I think even that Allen O would struggle at times. More often than not, a great defense beats a great offense.

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

As far as 15 Katy vs 13 BTW To me it would depend on when they played.Early in the season my edge would go to BTW.They were really playing at their best and beating national teams with ease on the road.

Playoff time I might wanna go with Katy.BTW looked liked they had lost a little steam from playing such a difficult schedule and suffering some injuries.

Hard to tell with this match. Was just in Katy today though, worth checking out!