150 federal troops headed to Chicago

HSFBfan

56 minutes ago, playballintxandmi said:

The article you cite has a couple of legal experts that state the President hasn't met the requisite conditions under the Insurrection Act of 1807

Eugene Fidell, who teaches military justice at Yale Law School, said Monday that he does not believe Trump has the authority to send in troops without the governors’ permission in these circumstances.

“Absent a request from the legislature or the governor of a state, I think the only way the power can be lawfully exercised is if there were an impeding of federal authority,” he said, pointing to the example of Little Rock, Arkansas, when troops were sent in because the state was not abiding by a federal court order.

Kent Greenfield, a constitutional law professor at Boston College, said that what seems to distinguish this instance from many past ones — such as school desegregation clashes — is that there’s no allegation that states are refusing to enforce federal law.

“The president is not asserting the right to enforce federal law. The president is asserting here the right to quell protests that are best left as a political matter and a prudential matter to the discretion of the states,” Greenfield said.

He added, “He has the power to enforce his law, but he is not saying that the laws aren’t being enforced. He is saying they’re not being enforced the way he wants them to be enforced.” 

Also, "Before invoking the powers under the Act, 10 U.S.C. § 254 requires the President to first publish a proclamation ordering the insurgents to disperse."--I'm not aware if the president has published a proclamation stating that protesters/looters must disperse by a certain date?

I can answer that he has not.

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont believe after what I read they are allowed to arrest anyone. 

They are there to help the local PDs but like i said from what i read they don't have arrest powers 

Sad. But true. This is a setup. The minute the DOJ comes in and starts knocking skulls, the media will report it as totalitarianism. As much as I would love to see that, it might not be the right move politically. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont believe after what I read they are allowed to arrest anyone. 

They are there to help the local PDs but like i said from what i read they don't have arrest powers 

That’s my point. Not much help with 150 troops with hands tied. No different than ROE in Middle East. Walk around with blank magazines and ask for permission to return fire....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

That’s my point. Not much help with 150 troops with hands tied. No different than ROE in Middle East. Walk around with blank magazines and ask for permission to return fire....

Remember in “Aliens” when the political shmuck told them that they couldn’t fire upon the aliens, and had the first searg take away the platoon’s mags ....same thing. They all died. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Its a presence. It adds to the very small amount of police chicago has 

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Sad. But true. This is a setup. The minute the DOJ comes in and starts knocking skulls, the media will report it as totalitarianism. As much as I would love to see that, it might not be the right move politically. 

they are already. The feds are being sued by Portland 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yep they are. But he's going to send them in and he'll take the heat but citizens will at least be safe. Cant have 100's of Americans being injured/killed every weekend 

Agreed. I’m just stunned as to how these govs and mayors stand by and let this happen. But we know why. They are sacrificing their own people to goat Trump into responding. 45 needs to be measured in his responses. He will...he’s a pretty smart dude surrounded by some pretty smart people...minus Fauci and Birx.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Agreed. I’m just stunned as to how these govs and mayors stand by and let this happen. But we know why. They are sacrificing their own people to goat Trump into responding. 45 needs to be measured in his responses. He will...he’s a pretty smart dude surrounded by some pretty smart people...minus Fauci and Birx.

They pander to a certain race. They don't care about how many of them are killed they know they have their vote every election. They don't care that all the jobs are gone. Welfare is a way of controlling your population. 

If i was trump and I get the feeling that I'm gone in January I'm doing everything I can to protect this country. Take the gloves off and just do it. Obv don't do anything criminal since you can be locked up when you leave office but do everything. 

Put out a time and say u have one week. 

Starting next Monday the insurrection act will be enacted upon and the army and air force is coming 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Dumb bitch mayor in Portland wants to fire all white police officers. Watch behind the scenes videos of what’s happening there and you’ll see the truth. They’ve destroyed the city... All the white cops should resign and move to a city they’re wanted and respected. Get out the shithole and let it burn down. 

In fact all these big cities hate white people so much now, all white people should move out of them, move to cities they’re wanted in. How about all white people should only spend money at businesses owned by white people and made in America. All white people should also only work at white owned businesses. Why were at it, all white people should have their own schools, banks, hospitals, grocery markets, etc . All white tax payer money should only go to white people and white institutions.... hahaha,  See how that works out since they want it the other way around.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

He is getting sued by Portland already. Everyone agrees Chicago needs to change but very few understand how and why places like Chicago are the way they are. Chicago is a another wrong in Americas past that needs to be corrected. 

People love to point at them and say look how they act and in the same view they will ignore the history. 

Chicago has been a violent shit hole for a hundred years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Dumb bitch mayor in Portland wants to fire all white police officers. Watch behind the scenes videos of what’s happening there and you’ll see the truth. They’ve destroyed the city... All the white cops should resign and move to a city they’re wanted and respected. Get out the shithole and let it burn down. 

In fact all these big cities hate white people so much now, all white people should move out of them, move to cities they’re wanted in. How about all white people should only spend money at businesses owned by white people and made in America. All white people should also only work at white owned businesses. Why were at it, all white people should have their own schools, banks, hospitals, grocery markets, etc . All white tax payer money should only go to white people and white institutions.... hahaha,  See how that works out since they want it the other way around.   

ohhh like when segregation was around. I believe we tried this. Maybe that was the better way??

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

He is getting sued by Portland already. Everyone agrees Chicago needs to change but very few understand how and why places like Chicago are the way they are. Chicago is a another wrong in Americas past that needs to be corrected. 

People love to point at them and say look how they act and in the same view they will ignore the history. 

How to correct ChiRaq if you protest every time a brother gets pulled over

chitown won’t change unless y’all stop committing crimes

no ones forcing you to sell drugs and commit robberies 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Portland is suing...shock🙄. Nobody saw that coming🤣.

Tell us, Einstein. Why is Chicago, Baltimore, NYC (now) etc the way that they are? This outta be good.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

ohhh like when segregation was around. I believe we tried this. Maybe that was the better way??

It appears that’s what “they” want now. Everything is black and brown vs whites on msm and the liberal misfits eat it up. We would have to find new restaurants and grocery stores since the ones we frequent are owned by brown people. Haha. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

They pander to a certain race. They don't care about how many of them are killed they know they have their vote every election. They don't care that all the jobs are gone. Welfare is a way of controlling your population. 

If i was trump and I get the feeling that I'm gone in January I'm doing everything I can to protect this country. Take the gloves off and just do it. Obv don't do anything criminal since you can be locked up when you leave office but do everything. 

Put out a time and say u have one week. 

Starting next Monday the insurrection act will be enacted upon and the army and air force is coming 

It'll be interesting as to what stance he takes. I agree, if he feels like he's out, fix it before Jan. That being said, the only reason that this is happening is because it's an election year, where the incumbent is most vulnerable. Notice how they didn't do this shit before? And I guarantee that they won't pull this shit (at least in this manner) on THIS President that has nothing to lose... and EVERTHING to gain in his final term. Trump has beaten them at every step. And he will again. They are losers. 

13 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I've caught that. Seattle has said the same thing. I mean...W-T-F?!! Mind boggling. But you saw the video that I posted. We are the ones to blame (so to speak) for letting it happen. But as much as want to just have cops and citizens say eff it and get out. Eff that. This is America. Those are American cities with many citizens like us that are just trying to live life in our democratic republic. I pray that Trump wins so he can go in (only because the local govs/mayors are derelict in their duty), and handle this without an election hanging over his head. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

It'll be interesting as to what stance he takes. I agree, if he feels like he's out, fix it before Jan. That being said, the only reason that this is happening is because it's an election year, where the incumbent is most vulnerable. Notice how they didn't do this shit before? And I guarantee that they won't pull this shit (at least in this manner) on THIS President that has nothing to lose... and EVERTHING to gain in his final term. Trump has beaten them at every step. And he will again. They are losers. 

I hope trump can eke out a victory in November. I think the silent majority is for real

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

It appears that’s what “they” want now. Everything is black and brown vs whites on msm and the liberal misfits eat it up. We would have to find new restaurants and grocery stores since the ones we frequent are owned by brown people. Haha. 

exactly so let's do it

Let's put all the blacks together. 

Well give them cali. Call hold over 40 million people. We have something like 42 million blacks. 

The other 49 states can be white and hispanics unless the hispanics want to be separate too. Well give them new Mexico 

Well see how fast those states go way down into the shiter compared to rhe rest of the country 

• Like 1