Chicago (No politics)

Nolebull813

My wife’s family is from Chicago and she seen a ton of history from those ancestry websites. I want to take her up there because neither of us have ever been. We found tickets for $90 round trip on Southwest.

I know about the violence, but isn’t that just in a pocket of the town? Is the whole city a war zone like Portland, and Seattle? Is there anything to do there besides get shot? 

Any info would be much appreciated 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My wife’s family is from Chicago and she seen a ton of history from those ancestry websites. I want to take her up there because neither of us have ever been. We found tickets for $90 round trip on Southwest.

I know about the violence, but isn’t that just in a pocket of the town? Is the whole city a war zone like Portland, and Seattle? Is there anything to do there besides get shot? 

No the whole city is not like

@GardenStateBaller you can tell him more about the nicer part of Chicago 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Heard subway at 2 am is where all the celebrities go in ChiRaq

43 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Our band performed in the McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Chicago in 2017. I really enjoyed my time there. You should visit the Bean, the Shedd Aquarium, and the Sears Tower for starters. You have to try the deep dish pizza there, too. I forgot where we went, but it really was amazing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Here is a fun fact.  Seattle and Portland are not burning.  A few idiots doing shit does not make an entire city burn.  As much as you want that to be the case it just isn't.  

See, good news.  Enjoy... and you are welcome.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, World Citizen said:

Here is a fun fact.  Seattle and Portland are not burning.  A few idiots doing shit does not make an entire city burn.  As much as you want that to be the case it just isn't.  

See, good news.  Enjoy... and you are welcome.  

Come on. Portland? They literally are on fire right now. Destroying their own city. Get off CNN