Steely Dan’s Music

ChimpGrip

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

Because he named his rock group after a metal dildo ?

like the stupid shit you just don't forget ? 🤣

🤔

Ha! Did not know that. But after some thought, I think its because of the sounds. The instrumentals. Often, I listen closer to the sounds I hear and remember songs that way over remembering lyrics. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Ha! Did not know that. But after some thought, I think its because of the sounds. The instrumentals. Often, I listen closer to the sounds I hear and remember songs that way over remembering lyrics. 

Haha! Look it up. It’s one of those things that 99% wouldn’t know what that name means. Even back in the day people that loves the band didn’t realize it. Kinda like that band that sang “Relax”. ....people loved it and were singing it everywhere. What they didn’t know is that it’s about gay anal sex. Shit, I still like the song. Crazy. But I digress.

SD’s music is very technical and moving. Most bands arent too technical because the average Joe listener cant appreciate it because it’s usually not poppy enough. Peg and Do It Again are awesome. But they have so many great tunes. 😎

Relax  (and just suck it lol)

By the end of 1984, the BBC lifted the ban on “Relax,”👀 since it had turned into the song of the year.<<<F'in polls again...amazing isn't it? It was played on Christmas Day on Top of the Pops. Since then, Frankie Goes To Hollywood.....
  • Haha 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Somewhere between top 10 and top 20. Big fan of Steely Dan. It's not sadness you are hearing; it's the experience of life lived.

Sorry to distract from Mr. Dan,  just thought some might not have known.

His music was ok...catchy tunes, but nothing super  special for me 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Troll said:

You mean "Frankie goes to (and subliminally runs/ruins) Hollywood" ???

cool band  👌

That's the one!! I remember singing that song all the time. And years later I found out what it was about and was like ...wait...what?!😲

Still a great tune thought. It get's ya bouncing as soon as it starts. 😎