Connecticut QB Transfers

Wosinc

From Bloomfield CT to Washington OK for his senior year.

This transfer appears to be solely for football.  They don’t even try to make it about the parents’ job.

Not judging, but it’s interesting that OK rules don’t seem to prohibit this.

https://www.gametimect.com/all-state-qb-bryden-bolts-bloomfield-for-oklahoma-to-play-his-senior-year/

Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, Wosinc said:

From Bloomfield CT to Washington OK for his senior year.

This transfer appears to be solely for football.  They don’t even try to make it about the parents’ job.

Not judging, but it’s interesting that OK rules don’t seem to prohibit this.

https://www.gametimect.com/all-state-qb-bryden-bolts-bloomfield-for-oklahoma-to-play-his-senior-year/

Any thoughts?

Wos....I've never had a problem with kids transferring in the first place...but I definitely don't have a problem with kids transferring in 2020.  Especially if their school has delayed or cancelled the season.

Just my opine....

Rufus>>

• Like 3

Article about the kid and his father from 2015:

Building a Football Star, One Tweet at a Time

Craig and Daron have also tweeted highlights to ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and NFL players. It took more than a year of tweets—and a fair amount of flak from fellow parents who thought it was extreme to refer to a third grader as the "next Tom Brady"—but eventually Daron started getting mentioned in major outlets. ESPN invited him to pass with Kordell Stewart.

Earlier this summer, Sean Salisbury, who had coached at the UMass camp, told his ESPN radio show listeners that Daron "may be the best sixth grader in the United States.... He has got football sense and IQ... and he is just spectacular." When his co-host questioned how absurd it is to be ranking sixth graders, Salisbury responded that it's just the state of youth football.

"Don't let the media attention go to your head," Dickinson told Daron a few weeks later in Rochester. "I've seen it happen. I've known David Sills since he was ten."

• Like 1