Sorry that I had to take Ga96 and ngdawg to the Woodshed

Sammyswordsman

Guys I realize this was only week 1 but people need to step up their games.  I don't normally feel compelled to call out shoddy posts this early in the season, but when posters blatantly ignore video evidence that refutes biased takes, even to the point of doubling down on their ignorance, this sloppiness is a detriment to the brand we have worked so hard to create on this National Board.

Please do your homework and make intelligent insightful posts.  Nobody on the National Board is buying what you are peddling

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Guys I realize this was only week 1 but people need to step up their games.  I don't normally feel compelled to call out shoddy posts this early in the season, but when posters blatantly ignore video evidence that refutes biased takes, even to the point of doubling down on their ignorance, this sloppiness is a detriment to the brand we have worked so hard to create on this National Board.

Please do your homework and make intelligent insightful posts.  Nobody on the National Board is buying what you are peddling

WTF, don’t they know, it’s all about the tiers!

• Haha 1

Sammy cannot handle different viewpoints. He is taking a "my way or the highway" approach and it doesn't facilitate good discussion. Simply because of his California bias, he is overlooking several mistakes being made by the opposing team, which allowed said California kid to even exist in this first game. I have done my research and that is how I am formulating my opinion. If Sammy cannot respond in any other way than insults and generalizations, I suggest he stop responding to my posts.

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hoban has an argument for Tier 1.  You have been awful (eerily) quiet about the St. Ed game

I agree with you on this. If they can keep up the level of dominance they have displayed in their first two games, they make a fair case for being a Tier 1 team. Great showing against St. Ed's!

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Sammy cannot handle different viewpoints. He is taking a "my way or the highway" approach and it doesn't facilitate good discussion. Simply because of his California bias, he is overlooking several mistakes being made by the opposing team, which allowed said California kid to even exist in this first game. I have done my research and that is how I am formulating my opinion. If Sammy cannot respond in any other way than insults and generalizations, I suggest he stop responding to my posts.

Our resident "researcher" and one of his notable pieces of advice.

ngdawg

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • ngdawg
  • Members
  • 3,915 posts
On 9/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

How many turnovers does Valdosta have.

Go back to the Hoover game.

Nothing to see here.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

And another researched post.

ngdawg

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • ngdawg
  • Members
  • 3,915 posts

Is it the physicality that's the issue for Garcia? I'm not watching at the moment.

Thanks
  •  
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Our resident "researcher" and one of his notable pieces of advice.

ngdawg

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • ngdawg
  • Members
  • 3,915 posts

Go back to the Hoover game.

Nothing to see here.

Another joke. Man, I feel bad for you.

You pick the worst pieces of evidence to support your claim. Glad you're not in an AP writing class right now because you'd surely fail. And yes, this is another joke. I hope you can actually see that.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Sammy cannot handle different viewpoints. He is taking a "my way or the highway" approach and it doesn't facilitate good discussion. Simply because of his California bias, he is overlooking several mistakes being made by the opposing team, which allowed said California kid to even exist in this first game. I have done my research and that is how I am formulating my opinion. If Sammy cannot respond in any other way than insults and generalizations, I suggest he stop responding to my 

These schools all offered Garcia so you know more than these college Coaches including Nick Saban.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

These schools all offered Garcia so you know more than these college Coaches including Nick Saban.

Again, not saying he's a bad quarterback. Just saying that WR mistakes contributed more to Valdosta's success than Garcia.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Another joke. Man, I feel bad for you.

You pick the worst pieces of evidence to support your claim. Glad you're not in an AP writing class right now because you'd surely fail. And yes, this is another joke. I hope you can actually see that.

Oh OK you were just "joking".

Pro tip.  Don't post in a game thread that other people can't watch if you can't be truthful about what is going on.  

Pro tip 2:  When the video comes out and you get caught misrepresenting, don't double down or tell us your were just joking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Oh OK you were just "joking".

Pro tip.  Don't post in a game thread that other people can't watch if you can't be truthful about what is going on.  

Pro tip 2:  When the video comes out and you get caught misrepresenting, don't double down or tell us your were just joking.

Explain how "Go back to watching the Hoover game" isn't a joke. I'll wait.

I did not say anything about the game and the highlight videos do not back your point. In fact, the highlights prove that WR defensive gaps allowed for easy (but should not have been) completions.

Because it was a stupid, self serving, rhetorical question.

C'mon man, this is the National Board.  Your dumb @ss posts won't fly here.

It was a legitimate question.  I realize that it can sound rhetorical but it genuinely was not. You can scroll through several of my other posts in other threads and I have asked similar questions that sound rhetorical but are not.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

It was a legitimate question.  I realize that it can sound rhetorical but it genuinely was not. You can scroll through several of my other posts in other threads and I have asked similar questions that sound rhetorical but are not.

Dude.  You were referring to a 4*-5* QB with multiple D-1 offers and asking if the physicality is affecting his game?

Either that question was rhetorical  or one of the dumbest questions ever asked.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Dude.  You were referring to a 4*-5* QB with multiple D-1 offers and asking if the physicality is affecting his game?

Either that question was rhetorical  or one of the dumbest questions ever asked.

He moved to a different state. In the thread, there was also mentioning of him misfiring on throws and getting sacked and hit repeatedly. I was watching the Kell-Walton game at the time, so I simply asked if the physicality was a factor. Did not seem like a dumb question to me, but you can interpret it how you like.

Also, I'm not going to let your "size" on this board deter me from making opinions that I can back up with video evidence. Your bias for California is evident and blatant.

24 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Sammy isn't too bad once you move through his obvious Cali bias and some lack of awareness on teams he hasn't seen though I will give him credit with his tiers he does listen to takes when someone presents their case (at least from personal experience)

20 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Well Alabama still can't find a good kicker so I'm sure Ngdawg can at least recognize that talent better than Saban

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sammy isn't too bad once you move through his obvious Cali bias and some lack of awareness on teams he hasn't seen though I will give him credit with his tiers he does listen to takes when someone presents their case (at least from personal experience)

I actually enjoyed his Tiers. He did listen to me about seeing the Georgia teams in person and whatnot. However, he has reared a different side of him when I presented opinion against Garcia. Now, even if I present a good case in the Tiers, he will use both his California bias and his personal bias against me to not value my opinions. It's a shame.

• Like 1