1000 hs games played no corona spread

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is the situation we have been seeing at Colquitt where it's impossible to be socially distanced at all times. Meetings, weight lifting, drills and etc. are all tough to do without any contact. This is why numerous kids are being pulled at a time for quarantine when a positive case shows up and then there is tracing done. Then when another kid or two or three outside of the quarantined group show up positive, they think they've missed someone in the tracing so they quarantined the entire team.

I hope you guys don't suffer that. 

So I think another kid got it and he thinks he got it at the game. Now, he is one of my friends and during halftime, we all sat in a circle, about 4 feet apart. One of the circle members is getting tested tomorrow. If she tests positive, we're screwed. We all still wore masks and avoided contact, so there's a chance this works out well.

It just hurts knowing that no cases were reported in that massive and idiotic student section, but we did things right and this happens to us. Just not fair.

• Like 1

Anyway, I don't think the mere mention of Covid19 is political as long as we don't turn it into such. We should be able to look at stats like the graphs from football scoops story and discuss without too much issue. 

I did remove a link I posted about sturgis as I discovered it had some political stuff in it, so if any of you guys that quoted that post would notice, I edited my post and the ones you quoted to remove it. I gave myself a warning as well. I said, "Self, we won't be allowing political jabs on the Varsity Board, I've cleaned up the posts and will hope for your help in keeping the banter on the Varsity page football related. I'd appreciate your help to keep the Varsity Board clear of politics which degrade the conversations. Thanks Self."

The numbers are appearing good so far. I hope that it stays that way because I'm enjoying having some semblance of a season. I'm nervous that these are premature takes though. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So I think another kid got it and he thinks he got it at the game. Now, he is one of my friends and during halftime, we all sat in a circle, about 4 feet apart. One of the circle members is getting tested tomorrow. If she tests positive, we're screwed. We all still wore masks and avoided contact, so there's a chance this works out well.

It just hurts knowing that no cases were reported in that massive and idiotic student section, but we did things right and this happens to us. Just not fair.

Three to five days is the average for incubation. That would possibly coincide with the date of your game. The issue is that it's difficult to actually know exactly where you got it from, unless you can definitively say that you weren't in close contact with anyone else during that same time frame. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, I don't think the mere mention of Covid19 is political as long as we don't turn it into such. We should be able to look at stats like the graphs from football scoops story and discuss without too much issue. 

I did remove a link I posted about sturgis as I discovered it had some political stuff in it, so if any of you guys that quoted that post would notice, I edited my post and the ones you quoted to remove it. I gave myself a warning as well. I said, "Self, we won't be allowing political jabs on the Varsity Board, I've cleaned up the posts and will hope for your help in keeping the banter on the Varsity page football related. I'd appreciate your help to keep the Varsity Board clear of politics which degrade the conversations. Thanks Self."

The numbers are appearing good so far. I hope that it stays that way because I'm enjoying having some semblance of a season. I'm nervous that these are premature takes though. 

Put your money where your mouth is and be gone until October 4th 😝

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Three to five days is the average for incubation. That would possibly coincide with the date of your game. The issue is that it's difficult to actually know exactly where you got it from, unless you can definitively say that you weren't in close contact with anyone else during that same time frame. 

Couple kids are getting tested tomorrow. If they test negative, we're set for the future. If not, uh oh.

23 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So your not @TheBlockIsHot?

• Haha 1